The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

So my dad is going to come down to surprise my mom and my girls, I am wondering what do I do about dining reservations? We right now have all tables for 4 but when he comes down we will need tables for 5. I also can't rebook because my moms account and mine are linked so she would be able to see a larger reservation. Any suggestions? :confused3

Have someone make the 5 ppl reservations just using a credit card. Just make sure you cancel the 4 ppl ressies more than24 hrs in advance.

Really excited now! :yay:

Just paid off my airfare and package today. Then I booked Magical express and did online check in. It really feels official now! :banana:

It also means I'm done changing my dates.....I think! :rotfl:

So my dad is going to come down to surprise my mom and my girls, I am wondering what do I do about dining reservations? We right now have all tables for 4 but when he comes down we will need tables for 5. I also can't rebook because my moms account and mine are linked so she would be able to see a larger reservation. Any suggestions? :confused3

I've added 1 or 2 people to existing reservations at check in before due to similar situations (husband's niece joining us for a few days or my mom joining us last minute) and never had a problem being seated. Even for BOG dinner. You may have to wait a little bit longer for a table (usually just 10-15 minutes more but can be 30-40 minutes). You could secretly tell them you have an extra guest at check in. :)

I've added 1 or 2 people to existing reservations at check in before due to similar situations (husband's niece joining us for a few days or my mom joining us last minute) and never had a problem being seated. Even for BOG dinner. You may have to wait a little bit longer for a table (usually just 10-15 minutes more but can be 30-40 minutes). You could secretly tell them you have an extra guest at check in. :)

Thank you! I was able to book a separate reservation for 1 around the same time of our ADR's so hopefully that will help. If my mom has any question I might just say that my Hubby may go down. :rolleyes: Hopefully she does not spend as much time of MDE as I do! :blush:

Thank you! I was able to book a separate reservation for 1 around the same time of our ADR's so hopefully that will help. If my mom has any question I might just say that my Hubby may go down. :rolleyes: Hopefully she does not spend as much time of MDE as I do! :blush:

I've also done it where we are 2 separate parties with 2 separate reservations and they've combined us as well. They are VERY accommodating at Disney! :) Good luck with the surprise! How exciting!

I've got the ultimate Christmas Eve day planned at MK, and we are really looking forward to our trip. :thumbsup2
I check park hours and DISboards everyday wondering about earlier openings than currently listed. I'm wondering what will happen...:confused3 If the park opening hours are changed, I want earlier FPs if possible. Am I the only one stressing about this? This is the last detail (of which I am currently aware) that I'm worried about.

GAH! Yesterday marks 4 weeks until I get to Disney, I can't even wait! This is going to be an AMAZING birthday!

I've been debating whether or not to call the ADR line and put a note on my CRT reservation that it's my birthday. I feel like I would sound silly saying, 'hey, make sure you guys know it's my birthday!'

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer...we are staying off site for two weeks but staying onsite at AOA for our last night ... We are purchasing park tickets for 6 days and also purchasing tickets for mickeys Christmas party ... So do we get the magic bands ... I heard you have to buy them if you stay off site but wondering if staying onsite one night would make a difference :)
Another question I have is can you still get to the boardwalk or the onsite hotels without going through a park and using one of your day tickets ... Can you do that if you are staying off site ...this is our first experience staying off site so I don't really know the do and don'ts :)

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer...we are staying off site for two weeks but staying onsite at AOA for our last night ... We are purchasing park tickets for 6 days and also purchasing tickets for mickeys Christmas party ... So do we get the magic bands ... I heard you have to buy them if you stay off site but wondering if staying onsite one night would make a difference :)
Another question I have is can you still get to the boardwalk or the onsite hotels without going through a park and using one of your day tickets ... Can you do that if you are staying off site ...this is our first experience staying off site so I don't really know the do and don'ts :)

You will get Magic Bands but not until your last night, because that's the night you check in on property. If you were American they would be mailed to you ahead of time, but being Canadians we have to pick them up at our resort.

And you can go to the Boardwalk without going through the parks. I'm not sure what the parking rules are, but if you have a dinner reservation anywhere on the Boardwalk you can park at one of the hotels (at Beach Club for a reservation at Cape May for example). Someone else may be able to tell you if you can park there just to walk around.

Call me one of the insane people, but 12/30-1/3/15! My gf has to send her kids to her ex's (their dad's) this Christmas, but right afterwards, they're flying straight to Orlando, and we're going to meet up with them at Disney. Their getting in fairly early, so my idea was Epcot for The 30th, NYE and New Year's Day at MK (yes, I'm insane like that*), the second at DHS, and the third at AK, then we had up north on I-95 to head home (please no snow!) I'm staying at POR, so I just have to get to the parks early enough to avoid a level 4 closure.

*The last time I was at WDW was in 1990-91, between Christmas and NYE, and it was busy, but I loved it! I'm also that guy who likes to go to the busiest mall in town on Black Friday and just sit on a bench, watching everyone run around frantically while I sip on an Orange Julius.

Quick question: from the aforementioned trip, I still have a seven-day pass that's now bordering on 24 years old with one day left on it (we needed a break in the middle). If I find that ticket, is it technically still valid?

Edit: I can't grammar at 1:30 am

Quick question: from the aforementioned trip, I still have a seven-day pass that's now bordering on 24 years old with one day left on it (we needed a break in the middle). If I find that ticket, is it technically still valid?

I think so?? But because the ticket is so old, I think you would have to go to Guest Relations outside the park and get it switched over. And at that point, I don't know if they would make you pay the difference on a 20 year old ticket or not.

This is a good question to post on the Theme Park Strategy board. Someone will have a correct answer for you for sure. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter