*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Realized today I better start packing soon since we leave Sunday! Really not that hard when it's just DH and I but this time our boys are staying different places every night we're away so I have some logistics/rides/etc to work out. This time next week we'll have finished our SWGE preview and will most likely be chillin' at either Geyser Point or Territory Lounge!

I'm just a little frustrated, sometimes I get email notifications and sometimes I don't. I know I'm not alone as I've seen others report the same. It couldn't have started at a worst time too, 12-11 days before I leave and I'm trying to stay informed. :charac2:right?! :rolleyes:

All checked in for our flight! We snagged A53 and A54 so we got good spots. Today, I have to finish up some work before presenting it to my boss (tempted to stroll into the meeting and be like "sorry but I go to Disney tomorrow!). Have to finish packing some toiletries, take our pup to boarding, and get to bed early for our flight tomorrow! We're also getting a new bed delivered today, but I doubt we have a spare second today to try to put it together.

All checked in for our flight! We snagged A53 and A54 so we got good spots. Today, I have to finish up some work before presenting it to my boss (tempted to stroll into the meeting and be like "sorry but I go to Disney tomorrow!). Have to finish packing some toiletries, take our pup to boarding, and get to bed early for our flight tomorrow! We're also getting a new bed delivered today, but I doubt we have a spare second today to try to put it together.
I have to check us in Friday morning and I'm nervous! We've always had early-bird in the past, but since it's just the two of us I decided to save the money and only purchased it for the ride home. We're on separate reservations, so I plan to have our flights pulled up on separate computers so I can hit the button at the same time.

I have to check us in Friday morning and I'm nervous! We've always had early-bird in the past, but since it's just the two of us I decided to save the money and only purchased it for the ride home. We're on separate reservations, so I plan to have our flights pulled up on separate computers so I can hit the button at the same time.

We typically only buy it for the way home, just because we have no clue where we'll be! We've never had an issue checking ourselves in though, the lowest I think we've ever gotten is B10.

Last minute packers unite!!! :wave2:

My daughter and I have finally started packing. Okay, she packed, but I had to find her the carry-on bag. That counts, right? I have all day to get my stuff together. I can't stay up late packing because I have to get up at 2 am to be leaving by 2:40. It's just under 2 hours to the airport and our flight is at 6 am.
Pre-trip nerves are making my stomach feel all :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:o_O.

Have a great time! As we are getting closer to our big day, the conversations at our house have also become very animated! :hyper2: It's fun, but pretty exhausting to prepare for a Disney trip, there's always one more thing to buy and pack!
I think we're ready for a little magic. pixiedust:

Ain't that the truth. Every time I come home from the store I think of something else that's needed. And I was working from a list. Thankfully I can still add to my Instacart order. The bags are closed and I don't feel like packing another thing.

I started to make a list a couple of days ago but I'm being incredibly lazy. Instead of things like 6 pairs of shorts, Halloween tee, etc, it says Clothes, Pjs, underwear. lol I hate packing but usually love making lists. I just don't have the mental energy to deal with it this trip. I'm sure I have an old list on my phone that I can copy.

Now changing subjects. I have been having abnormally high anxiety for this trip and this week has gotten way worse. Between planning the trip for a larger group this time (both sets of grandparents coming), little man being pretty independent now at 16 months (last year he was only 4.5 months so he kinda just sat there haha), worrying that everyone will have fun, getting things set for my employees at work before I cut off communications for 10 days, packing, car service to airport fitting all our bags and his car seat, keeping him happy on the flight, arrgghhh!!!!

Sorry. I know there are a lot worse things I could be dealing with besides just anxiety but just wanted to vent a bit. I think once we get through security I will feel a bit better and then once we land and get checked in I will feel a lot better. Not used to worrying about 7 people at once :)

I started to make a list a couple of days ago but I'm being incredibly lazy. Instead of things like 6 pairs of shorts, Halloween tee, etc, it says Clothes, Pjs, underwear. lol I hate packing but usually love making lists. I just don't have the mental energy to deal with it this trip. I'm sure I have an old list on my phone that I can copy.

I just work from previous list and adjust it according to the number of days. Last year's trip was 10 days and this one is 6; so I just changed the numbers.

Now changing subjects. I have been having abnormally high anxiety for this trip and this week has gotten way worse. Between planning the trip for a larger group this time (both sets of grandparents coming), little man being pretty independent now at 16 months (last year he was only 4.5 months so he kinda just sat there haha), worrying that everyone will have fun, getting things set for my employees at work before I cut off communications for 10 days, packing, car service to airport fitting all our bags and his car seat, keeping him happy on the flight, arrgghhh!!!!

Sorry. I know there are a lot worse things I could be dealing with besides just anxiety but just wanted to vent a bit. I think once we get through security I will feel a bit better and then once we land and get checked in I will feel a lot better. Not used to worrying about 7 people at once :)

I understand to some extent. This will be the first trip that isn't just my children and me. My mom is coming. She has never been. The children are so excited about showing her around Disney and I have worried that she won't enjoy herself and the children will be disappointed. I challenged myself to think of everything that could go wrong and try to avoid it. We'll be skipping certain things it's best for her not to ride. She sometimes has issues if she sits too long or has to deal with an uncomfortable surface; so I got her a portable cushion. I booked the fireworks dessert party to avoid the long wait and chaos of Main Street during Happily Ever After. I paid for the trip too.

But in the end, I reminded myself she's an adult and has some responsibility in whether she enjoys her vacation. We're staying on site so we don't have to stay together 100% of the time. If she wants to head back early or join us late those are options open to her. If she wants to venture out on her own to explore she can do that too. All that to say try to worry less, at least about the grandparents. Usually for my mother she doesn't care what we are doing as long as she is with us. Hoping Disney is like most everything else where time with her only two grandchildren makes it amazing. Should be the same for your group as long as everyone paces themselves and doesn't over do it. The trip will be different but it will still be good.

I have reminded my 2 their grammy might not want to see Philharmagic 4 times. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter