*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Tomorrow we leave. We won't get in until probably like midnight so no RD on Tuesday. I'm trying not to push DH too far. The grandparents took my boys overnight tonight so DH and I could relax. I half relaxed and half packed/cleaned. Tomorrow morning full steam ahead cleaning and then drop off the dog and pick up the kids. Then off to DISNEY! pixiedust::earboy2:

Have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Tomorrow we leave. We won't get in until probably like midnight so no RD on Tuesday. I'm trying not to push DH too far. The grandparents took my boys overnight tonight so DH and I could relax. I half relaxed and half packed/cleaned. Tomorrow morning full steam ahead cleaning and then drop off the dog and pick up the kids. Then off to DISNEY! pixiedust::earboy2:
Have a wonderful trip!

So we are all packed and ready to wake up at 4 am for our early flight tomorrow and my 5yo had a 102 fever at bedtime. :( Started at 100 last night but was otherwise totally fine all day, until that. I'm really hoping this goes away quickly but am now freaking out a bit! Just sent DH to the store for chewable kid's ibuprofen for the carry-on. Any advice if we need to see a dr? Found an old post mentioning a Walgreens clinic nearby and also in-room doctors, if that is still a thing. Agh!!! Worst timing!

So we are all packed and ready to wake up at 4 am for our early flight tomorrow and my 5yo had a 102 fever at bedtime. :( Started at 100 last night but was otherwise totally fine all day, until that. I'm really hoping this goes away quickly but am now freaking out a bit! Just sent DH to the store for chewable kid's ibuprofen for the carry-on. Any advice if we need to see a dr? Found an old post mentioning a Walgreens clinic nearby and also in-room doctors, if that is still a thing. Agh!!! Worst timing!
Oh no! I hope the Tylenol works a treat and the fever passes quickly!

Hope your little one feels better. They do have walk in clinics nearby, and Disney is great about helping in this situation. I have heard about in room doctors, and one of the urgent care clinics will even pickup up at your resort.
Safe travels, and a speedy recovery so you can start enjoying that magic! pixiedust:

I'm so sorry that's the case! We had it happen on our trip in Jan. that ds5 was throwing up and .... the other end the night before our flight. Stopped at around 4am and we had a 10am flight booked and thought ok we'll just water and some pepto chews and not let him eat. Then ds8 started throwing up and stuff at 7am. DH ended up canceling his and ds8's portion of the flights while I took ds5 and we made our flight. I ended up getting sick when we got to the hotel. It was literally the worst! DH was able to get on a flight out the following day w/ ds8 but it costs us an additional $150. If your guy is really sick I would try and call the airline and hotel to see if you can change things around. Also a lot of credit card companies have trip insurance built into them if you paid with that card for your trip. You do have to go a doctor for a note but if you can get some of your money back. Even if you have to go a day later then planned it's better then dealing w/ a sick kid on the plane.

On a side note about needing a out of state doctor, I did have to go to an Urgent Care in Florida while on vacay w/ my cousin. I literally just googled urgent care near me and then looked at reviews and went with the closest good one. Good being a relative term, a lot of hospital/doctor reviews aren't that great because it's mostly ppl complaining. The insurance did pay the cost and I was able to find a CVS close by to fill my RX. And in addition to that the doctor who saw me about the rash on my arms, asked me what I was doing about the lump on my thyroid. I was like.... ummm... what lump?! It turned out to be a benign goiter but sometimes those things happen for a reason!

Have a great time!

I'm so sorry that's the case! We had it happen on our trip in Jan. that ds5 was throwing up and .... the other end the night before our flight. Stopped at around 4am and we had a 10am flight booked and thought ok we'll just water and some pepto chews and not let him eat. Then ds8 started throwing up and stuff at 7am. DH ended up canceling his and ds8's portion of the flights while I took ds5 and we made our flight. I ended up getting sick when we got to the hotel. It was literally the worst! DH was able to get on a flight out the following day w/ ds8 but it costs us an additional $150. If your guy is really sick I would try and call the airline and hotel to see if you can change things around. Also a lot of credit card companies have trip insurance built into them if you paid with that card for your trip. You do have to go a doctor for a note but if you can get some of your money back. Even if you have to go a day later then planned it's better then dealing w/ a sick kid on the plane.

On a side note about needing a out of state doctor, I did have to go to an Urgent Care in Florida while on vacay w/ my cousin. I literally just googled urgent care near me and then looked at reviews and went with the closest good one. Good being a relative term, a lot of hospital/doctor reviews aren't that great because it's mostly ppl complaining. The insurance did pay the cost and I was able to find a CVS close by to fill my RX. And in addition to that the doctor who saw me about the rash on my arms, asked me what I was doing about the lump on my thyroid. I was like.... ummm... what lump?! It turned out to be a benign goiter but sometimes those things happen for a reason!
Wow!!!! Thanks for sharing!
My silly phone! Meant to include I learn so much on the DIS! YOU guys rock!

Is there a clinic , urgent care, or ER near you now?

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the info.

I went to urgent care with my daughter that Disney recommended. The urgent care has free shuttles. We ubered there which was maybe $15 if that. It wasn’t the best urgent care but it got the job done. They were able to fill her script there but there is a pharmacy that delivers to the resorts. The front desk at the Boardwalk gave me that info too.

You might want to consider an ECV/scooter as they have hand controls and your husband could drive himself instead of you pushing a wheelchair.

Yes, I suggested that to DH, but ECVs were literally double the cost of a regular wheelchair from our vendor Scooterbug, and hubby really just didn’t want to be driving one of those around! He was afraid he’d run over a kid or something! Lol 😂 we also don’t want to have to worry about keeping an ECV charged and such, plus it takes up so much space in the room.
We pushed his grandmother around in a reg. Wheelchair last summer and it was no big deal. We also definitely don’t mind the extra storage space without having to carry around our backpacks! I have a bag that hangs on the handles as well as an under-the-seat storage compartment. Plus... I told DH with all those extra calories I will burn that means extra Disney treats!!😉 😁

Oh no! I hope he's better and it isn't anything contagious.

@bethannie203 haha I love it! I'm looking forward to some spooktacular treats!

halloweentreats1.JPG

Thank you. My flight went down by 5,000 points last week. I read your post and checked again - I cannot believe it went down another 4,000 points! I am pretty surprised they dropped again - this flight is in like 3 weeks!!

I was surprised, too. Our flight was only 17 days away when it went down. Maybe for once the flight won't be 100% sold out?? That would be nice.

Since we're on the topic of Urgent Care at WDW I posted some important info HERE

“We love Disney and have gone 7 times. Our last trip, one of our kids got a stomach virus and eventually need to go an Emergency room for IV treatments. The Urgent care centers do NOT do IV's. The paramedics on Disney's Property told us they did. The Emergency room/Hospital closest to WDW is Celebration Hospital (the hospital Disney tells you to go to). This hospital does NOT have a pediatrician to read any child's labs so most all kids are sent by ambulance to Florida Children's Hospital. That is a $90 cab ride one way. Just be aware before you spend hours waiting around at places that can't take care of your kids.” Dated June 9, 2010
Source

UDPDATE: I called Celebration Hospital on April 4, 2018 and was told "Pediatricians are on-call only" so what was written eight years ago is still true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter