*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

I just bought some American money for my trip. That was a sobering experience. :rolleyes:
Ugh, yeah. Not sure which currency you're converting from but I'm making my final payment tomorrow and the conversion rate that Disney is giving me is 1.3472 CAD per USD. I have $1665 USD left to pay and that's going to cost me just over $2243.

Ugh, yeah. Not sure which currency you're converting from but I'm making my final payment tomorrow and the conversion rate that Disney is giving me is 1.3472 CAD per USD. I have $1665 USD left to pay and that's going to cost me just over $2243.
I’m Canadian too. I haven’t paid off my resort room yet. I might as well do it. Nothing’s going to get better. It’s kind of like ripping off a bandaid. :rotfl:

I finally scored a ppo garden grill ADR then panicked thinking the hours changed from a 9 o'clock opening to an 8 o'clock opening, even though I have touring plans that updates me when park hours change. 😆

I am hoping for a Be Our Guest lunch ADR. I read that it's hard to do a walkup even though it's a QS. I had no idea! So I am using the TP reservation finder and twice I have logged in within 1 min of the text and missed it. Ugh..guess I will keep trying. Anyone have experience as a walk up? If so wait times?

I am hoping for a Be Our Guest lunch ADR. I read that it's hard to do a walkup even though it's a QS. I had no idea! So I am using the TP reservation finder and twice I have logged in within 1 min of the text and missed it. Ugh..guess I will keep trying. Anyone have experience as a walk up? If so wait times?
I have seen lots of people turned away from lunch walk ups and I have had zero luck with the TP reservation finder for BOG because I’m never quick enough, but I’ve always been able to snag a lunch reservation a day or two before I want to go. Tons of people dump their reservations last minute. Check for a reservation the day or two before.

Good luck! :goodvibes

I watched a man walk up once, first week of October. He asked the Cast Member how long the wait was... she said "November". It was pretty funny :D

Ouch, sorry!

I've squeezing my first solo trip in before meeting my son for his college move-in Aug 4 thru 8. B Resort. I haven't been since before Pandora! 30 year DL AP.

Sweet. Your trip has been added to Roll Call. Hope you have an amazing time!

that isn't a good exchange rate for USD to CAD, not sure why disney is giving you an exchange rate unless you are using gift cards but gift cards are worth $76.58 USD for every $100 CAD until at least 5 PM EDT today -- you are paying about $3 more on every $100 with an exchange rate of 1.3472 -- not much but it adds up when paying off a big amount.
Visa Exchange rate today with no Fx credit card mark up is 1.31206

Hmmm, I received a second envelope with more ME luggage tags (the yellow strips) again today. This envelope had more info on the enclosed letter (including flight numbers) so I'll use these instead of the ones I got the other day. Not sure why unless its because our arrival flight changed (do to grounding of Max 8) but I had let my TA know that well in advance and she changed it in the reservation as soon as I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter