• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Heading to the airport hotel tomorrow for a Thursday morning flight!

Of course, I get sick this week. Sunday I get an gooked up eye and then a fever Sunday. Feeling 85% today. Should be ok tomorrow. Figures. Last time we went down I had poison ivy and my son had an ear infection. Nothing changes.

Well, two weeks from today we'll be at our character breakfast at Cape May. It's our departure day; but our flight isn't until 5:15. I figured a character brunch would be a nice way to ease out of the Disney bubble. Our reservation is at 10:20. The plan is to be packed before we spend the evening at Magic Kingdom. Then in the morning, check our bags for the flight, drop our carry-on bags with guest services and take a Minnie Van over to the Beach Club resort. How we get back to All-Star Movies will depend on what time we're done with breakfast. Once we're back we'll do what we normally do and spend the last hour or so in the arcade and resort gift shop.

Lol, I was joking with the wife that our fastpass for Finding Nemo was one of the worst uses of a fastpass ever, as we've almost always walked on. Well, when we got here, the standby was 50 minutes and the line was out the door! It doesnt seem overly busy here today honestly though, so this is odd. Finding Nemo has a longer line than Frozen or Soarin!

I was trying to do the 'manage your Disney gift card' thing so I didn't have the $5 cards I got from DMR to carry around. I logged in and found I had a card with $13 left on it. No idea where the physical card is now but I could transfer the money to another card. Yay! Found money is great, even if it's enough for a couple drinks or snacks.

Lol, I was joking with the wife that our fastpass for Finding Nemo was one of the worst uses of a fastpass ever, as we've almost always walked on. Well, when we got here, the standby was 50 minutes and the line was out the door! It doesnt seem overly busy here today honestly though, so this is odd. Finding Nemo has a longer line than Frozen or Soarin!

Odd, I have never seen the line for that ride over 30 minutes. We don't generally fast pass it because the line constantly moves and it's a nice cool area. We do only have 2 booked for that day though so I can change my mind if I need to. I certainly don't want to wait that long.

Heading to the airport hotel tomorrow for a Thursday morning flight!

Of course, I get sick this week. Sunday I get an gooked up eye and then a fever Sunday. Feeling 85% today. Should be ok tomorrow. Figures. Last time we went down I had poison ivy and my son had an ear infection. Nothing changes.

It wouldn't be a Disney vacation without a little pre trip drama. Hope you're feeling better. Have a wonderful time!

Odd, I have never seen the line for that ride over 30 minutes. We don't generally fast pass it because the line constantly moves and it's a nice cool area. We do only have 2 booked for that day though so I can change my mind if I need to. I certainly don't want to wait that long.
Yeah no kidding, that's why I was joking that it was a waste of a fastpass! I was shocked to see it, and it actually was listed at 60 minutes when we got out! World Showcase is dead though, hardly anyone, it's great! No idea what's happening with Future World!

I was trying to do the 'manage your Disney gift card' thing so I didn't have the $5 cards I got from DMR to carry around. I logged in and found I had a card with $13 left on it. No idea where the physical card is now but I could transfer the money to another card. Yay! Found money is great, even if it's enough for a couple drinks or snacks.
We just did the same thing over the weekend and there was one in there for $34.95. We were pleasantly surprised.

Got our Aug upgraded MB's today :-) I like mine (villains one) DH isn't thrilled with his HM one so he'll bring his SE one also. He has those 2 and I have 3 now and I can't seem to stop ordering one with each trip! The one I ordered for my Oct work trip already shipped so I'm contemplating which to order for our Dec trip now.........
We used to decline our MBs until they offered the upgraded ones. We have three trips and an annual pass MB that we could get, which was great. The first time I ordered the bands for our Augst trip, it glitched and I got my castle band but DH got a plain one. So I ordered his Sorcerer Mickey band as his AP band. We have separate MDE accounts, so I could order single bands instead of having to have both bands available at time of purchase. Then I ordered DH the Americana band for the October trip and a plain blue one for me. I had ordered some nice vinyl covers from MagicYourBand which are cuter than most of the Disney bands. ;) And then I ordered the Small World band for my AP band. It is adorable. We have a December trip, too, but I'm holding off on that one. Disney might release some really cute ones later. :)

I think Jock's might be adult only
Definitely kid friendly although as per Disney usual they started cheaping out on menu-used to have lots of smaller soft pretzels served on airplane hangar now it is one big pretzel, and who knows-may now not have the airplane at all. I love Jocks but it frustrates me they don't care to keep the same level of presentation they start with.
It is nearly 3:00 in the morning, and we are up, and getting ready to go. Plane leaves at 6:30, see you all in the parks :)
SaFe travels and hope the flight was uneventful!

One week from today will still have 3 days to go. 2 weeks from today I will be right back at work. Can't complain as this trip is a complete bonus!

And then I ordered the Small World band for my AP band.

I am so jealous. That's the band I want but it didn't show up until right after I ordered all the bands for my stays. lol I even tried to order it with the coupon that Disney sent me for sending me a gray magic band but it wouldn't let me use it towards that particular band. I was shocked when I saw it on a blog post a month later. I should have held out! lol But then someone else's would have been unavailable.

I did get the castle band though which is really nice in person.

I have a $500 gift card and 5 $100 for kids and I have been using disney gift card site to merge them, but quickly delete them after. Have you had any issues with people hacking into your disney gift cards by leaving them in your account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter