• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

At MK today. This is most crowded I’ve ever seen at Disney. Definitely not low crowd.

I just checked wait times in the app and they seem pretty standard to me for this time of year in the middle of the day. Am I wrong? What do you mean by more crowded? Just trying to get a good feel of what to expect.

Decided to scope out additional luggage at the last minute. I love my spinners. We have the carry on and the really big ones. I wanted a medium because we have Owner's Locker and a washer/dryer. I ended up with a steal at Macy's Samsonite 25" $300 for $99 ONE day sale. The sale clerks were super surprised themselves.

Noooo!
When you look at this 10 day forecast it says PM Thunderstorms but yet most people have commented on "afternoon showers" which is it? I'm so scared my trip is going to be a puddle!

View attachment 422683

Well, first off, welcome to my thread FoxC63, it is lovely to have the queen of magic shots among us!!!

Now then, take a deep breath, and relax. Your trip will be AMAZING. The only time you really need to be concerned about the weather in August is if there is a tropical storm / hurricane coming through. Short of that, it is unusual for there to be all day rain. What is typical, and the reason for rain to be in the forecast literally every day, is for the clouds to build up in the afternoon, simply because of the heat and all of the water nearby in lakes and the ocean, until there is an afternoon storm. Those storms tend to be intense, but fairly shortly lived, usually lasting less than an hour.

I suggest you spend that time shopping, or having a cool tasty treat :)

Lack of sleep along with nerves and I just puked in the planes bathroom

Well, I'm glad I'm not on your flight lol. Only joking, hope it was just exhausting and nerves, and that you are feeling much better when you are back on the ground. Have an amazing trip!

I had to use a scooter last trip and it was so not fun!!! Getting it on buses with lots of dirty looks and rolling eyes...navigating thru crowds of people with many people, adults as well as kids darting in front of you.

So, summer before last, I managed to get myself fully run over by a scooter. Little old lady driving it, completely not her fault. I stepped funny on my foot, lost my balance, and stepped right out in front of her. Nothing should could do about it, nothing I could do about it, just was what it was. When I caught my balance and composure, I turned to her, and I could tell by the look on her face she was expecting me to be angry. Instead, I apologized for cutting her off, told her I knew there was nothing she could do about it, was completely my fault. I think she was about in tears. I could completely tell she really felt bad for hitting me. Honestly, I felt worse for her than I did for myself.

I had to use a scooter last trip and it was so not fun!!! Getting it on buses with lots of dirty looks and rolling eyes...navigating thru crowds of people with many people, adults as well as kids darting in front of you.

I can not begin to imagine what that felt like let alone what it did to you during your vacation. So sorry to hear you experienced this. :hug:

For us it was more like high school sports ruined our Nov. trips.

Yes! As far as I'm concerned the entire school year is off limits until we know our son's intentions in terms of what he plans on signing up for. Last year he and the love of my life were so crazy busy that I went solo. DS was very upset he wasn't going and my love was very encouraging; He'll be fine, have a wonderful time with your friends etc... It was wonderful spending an entire day with DIS friends I even shared a room with one. Girls weekend - what's not to love? But I did miss them. And three days after I was settled at home my husband told me "I really missed not going". Woof! Did my heart sink!

Alright, fully packed and ready to go! Going to sleep in about 4 hours to wake up around 4am, then off to the airport! Flight leaves at 6:30 and stops in Minneapolis for about an hour, then lands in Orlando around 1:30pm. This time tomorrow we should hopefully be at Pop Century and close to heading over to MK! Supper at LTT at 7:10 and then 7dmt at 8:25! Can't wait!

Yes! As far as I'm concerned the entire school year is off limits until we know our son's intentions in terms of what he plans on signing up for. Last year he and the love of my life were so crazy busy that I went solo. DS was very upset he wasn't going and my love was very encouraging; He'll be fine, have a wonderful time with your friends etc... It was wonderful spending an entire day with DIS friends I even shared a room with one. Girls weekend - what's not to love? But I did miss them. And three days after I was settled at home my husband told me "I really missed not going". Woof! Did my heart sink!

Kids activities really keep us hopping, too. Right now my oldest son who is now a senior does football in the fall, basketball in the winter, and baseball in the spring. My younger son (8th grade) does football, basketball, and then track.

My boys aren't going on this trip, and I'm worried that they are going to feel bad after I go with their sister. They've said all along that they are fine with it, but I wonder how they'll feel when I actually go and they don't.

so, I'm thinking of changing one of my park days to be an AK day (or at least AK afternoon/evening) to see Tree of Life Awakenings. Worth it? Or is it a show that's only worth catching if you already happen to be there, but not worth making a special trip over?

Last trip we had a scooter and a wheel chair (scooter added 3rd day due to teen grand injuring her foot) It is definitely not fun. Most people were ok but there is always a few that are impatient or just rushing to be somewhere. If you need a scooter use it and enjoy your vacation. Others will get past it.

Alright, fully packed and ready to go! Going to sleep in about 4 hours to wake up around 4am, then off to the airport! Flight leaves at 6:30 and stops in Minneapolis for about an hour, then lands in Orlando around 1:30pm. This time tomorrow we should hopefully be at Pop Century and close to heading over to MK! Supper at LTT at 7:10 and then 7dmt at 8:25! Can't wait!

Have a great trip! pixiedust:

Just checking in while we wait for happily ever after. It’s our first day and it was eventful. I’ll tell all about it in my trip report when I get back. It was a doozy of a start. But for those worried about getting extra fast passes after your initial three, we had no trouble in MK today. With our first three we did a total of 11 FPS and actually have one for after happily ever after too.

so, I'm thinking of changing one of my park days to be an AK day (or at least AK afternoon/evening) to see Tree of Life Awakenings. Worth it? Or is it a show that's only worth catching if you already happen to be there, but not worth making a special trip over?

I think the Tree of Life Awakenings are cool to see, but I definitely wouldn't rearrange my plans or go out of my way to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter