***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Haven't been here in almost a decade. Heading next year. Lately I have stuck to Epcot area. This time I will split with AK first. I enjoy the Epcot resorts for the ease of walking to places and the night life, but I just have not felt the immersion when there. I am looking forward to remembering what I fell in love with in the first place the first time I went. Jambo

I have 3 trips to Jambo House booked for 2024.

Mid-April Long weekend in a Studio Value
Early June-Long Weekend in a Studio Value
End of June/Early July in a 1-Bedroom value

We may move the last one to mid-July depending on our daughter's work schedule
And if we don't get a value room, we are good with a standard room as well.

Very excited, haven't been at Disney World or Animal Kingdom Lodge since July of 2021

This is definitely our favorite resort, we bought more points since our last trip and our planning on buying some more.

Hi all! Popping in to share our excitement over putting a deposit down yesterday on a 160 point AKV contract. We owned a small 100 point contract purchased directly from Disney (our first DVC stay was checking into Kidani on opening day), but sold it quite a while ago (long story!) and have since been renting points, usually in Jambo. We've talked about buying again for years, but just never pulled the trigger. Decided it was finally time while Disney was still not really exercising ROFR. Hoping it will easily pass ROFR, and we'll get a nice loaded contract with all 22/23 points hitting in September. The plan is to capitalize on the points and hopefully head to Aulani next year. Woo hoo! Fingers crossed! :banana:

Hello! We're visiting AKL for the second time just after Thanksgiving - first time as DVCers. We've got a 1 bedroom standard view booked. I know most of these rooms will likely overlook the pool, but if anyone has a recommendation of a partial savanna view or a really good room location, I'd appreciate it.

So looking forward to getting back there and enjoying all the Christmas decorations!

Hello! We're visiting AKL for the second time just after Thanksgiving - first time as DVCers. We've got a 1 bedroom standard view booked. I know most of these rooms will likely overlook the pool, but if anyone has a recommendation of a partial savanna view or a really good room location, I'd appreciate it.

So looking forward to getting back there and enjoying all the Christmas decorations!
You do not mention which building you have reserved, Jambo or Kidani. If Jambo be aware that more than 50% of the standard view rooms do not overlook the pool but instead have savanna view. If you want to try for savanna view contact MS (phone, email or chat) and request (all such requests are not guaranteed) that your room be on the Kudo Trail side of the building (left side of the U-shaped building). All standards on that side of the building have Sunset savanna view.

If you have Kidani, there are some standard view rooms with a direct view of the Pembe savanna. If you want to try for savanna view at Kidani best request to make is for a room near the Pumbaa elevator -- it sits between the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing of Kidani and all the rooms on the Pembe savanna side of those two building units are standard view rooms that have Pembe savanna view. Downside is that if you get such a room, you will have a very long walk to and from the lobby and bus station.

You do not mention which building you have reserved, Jambo or Kidani. If Jambo be aware that more than 50% of the standard view rooms do not overlook the pool but instead have savanna view. If you want to try for savanna view contact MS (phone, email or chat) and request (all such requests are not guaranteed) that your room be on the Kudo Trail side of the building (left side of the U-shaped building). All standards on that side of the building have Sunset savanna view.

If you have Kidani, there are some standard view rooms with a direct view of the Pembe savanna. If you want to try for savanna view at Kidani best request to make is for a room near the Pumbaa elevator -- it sits between the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing of Kidani and all the rooms on the Pembe savanna side of those two building units are standard view rooms that have Pembe savanna view. Downside is that if you get such a room, you will have a very long walk to and from the lobby and bus station.
Sorry - I should have known better. We're at Jambo.

That is helpful - I haven't been able to find a map that clarifies which 1 bedrooms are standard vs savanna. We'd prefer a partial savanna view - last time we stayed there as "regular" guests in a standard view room, we were just off the lobby but near a people pen. It was delightful and I'd love something like that again.

Sorry - I should have known better. We're at Jambo.

That is helpful - I haven't been able to find a map that clarifies which 1 bedrooms are standard vs savanna. We'd prefer a partial savanna view - last time we stayed there as "regular" guests in a standard view room, we were just off the lobby but near a people pen. It was delightful and I'd love something like that again.
To see where the 1BR standards are (and all 1BRs at Jambo are part of 2BR lockoffs) you need to compare two different maps. The first one shows the room numbers and sizes throughout Jambo DVC: www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html. The second one shows the areas for standard view (and savanna view):

Last edited:
Does the order of the bus pick up (Kidani first then Jambo) make much of a difference? Are the busses ever too full from the Kidani pick up to get the guests from Jambo for rope drop?

Does the order of the bus pick up (Kidani first then Jambo) make much of a difference? Are the busses ever too full from the Kidani pick up to get the guests from Jambo for rope drop?
The issue of the bus being full when picking up at Jambo has occurred sometimes in the past for rush hour times in the morning. The greatest risk for that was MK, but what often occurs now during the morning rush hours is that there is a separate bus for Kidani and Jambo going to MK.

I would guess (I hope someone can confirm or deny) that if you use an ECV, you have a better chance of getting to the parks sooner by staying at Kidani. The buses can only take 2 ECVs per bus, and by picking up at Kidani first, there's an increased chance that the ECVs at Jambo may not get on and will have to wait for the next bus.

I would guess (I hope someone can confirm or deny) that if you use an ECV, you have a better chance of getting to the parks sooner by staying at Kidani. The buses can only take 2 ECVs per bus, and by picking up at Kidani first, there's an increased chance that the ECVs at Jambo may not get on and will have to wait for the next bus.
We stay at Jambo, don’t do rope drop, so can’t help there, but I’ve seen ECVs have to wait at Jambo because of ECVs already onboard from Kidani. I’ve also seen it happen at the GF from ECVs already onboard from the Poly.

We have stayed at both with a WC, have had more issues getting on at Kidani later in the day because of ECVs going to Jambo to get off. Have not had more than the usual waits at Jambo. You can make the 15 minute walk if you are really concerned.

There was a little incident in the Sunset Savanna on Tuesday (nobody was injured, afaik).

Ultimately Elsa (our name for one of the Ankole-Watusi sisters) showed up to save the day.

Not sure if anyone else has been following the multi-year multi-bull effort to bring in little Ankole-Watusi calves to the Sunset, but from the behavior we've been observing, this might have been a crucial turning point. She scored major points for bravery with the new bull (we're calling him Sven, - still miss Max though!) and today we actually saw him follow her around for a change.

There was a little incident in the Sunset Savanna on Tuesday (nobody was injured, afaik).

Ultimately Elsa (our name for one of the Ankole-Watusi sisters) showed up to save the day.

Not sure if anyone else has been following the multi-year multi-bull effort to bring in little Ankole-Watusi calves to the Sunset, but from the behavior we've been observing, this might have been a crucial turning point. She scored major points for bravery with the new bull (we're calling him Sven, - still miss Max though!) and today we actually saw him follow her around for a change.

What was the incident? I watched and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it occurred when I looked away for a brief moment... 😁

What was the incident? I watched and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it occurred when I looked away for a brief moment... 😁
Oh right not immediately obvious but the truck crashed into the tree, and then was stuck in the tree. Reminded me of the scene from its a wonderful life where Jimmy Stewart does some drinking and driving.

Oh right not immediately obvious but the truck crashed into the tree, and then was stuck in the tree. Reminded me of the scene from its a wonderful life where Jimmy Stewart does some drinking and driving.

Ah okay! Now I see it. I think I was looking for an animal incident and totally ignored what was going on with the truck :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter