***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I'm getting ready to book my first stay as a DVC owner, and am planning to book a Grand Villa. Has anyone stayed in the grand villa at both Kidani and Jambo? Both layouts look great, but I'm wondering if anyone with experience staying at both preferred one over the other.

I'm getting ready to book my first stay as a DVC owner, and am planning to book a Grand Villa. Has anyone stayed in the grand villa at both Kidani and Jambo? Both layouts look great, but I'm wondering if anyone with experience staying at both preferred one over the other.
We stayed in a Jambo Grand Villa last year. I prefer them. The Jambo GV is very spacious and all one level. My wife an I had the main bedroom which is far from the other bedrooms. The room has a huge dining area. The biggest reason for us was the pool table. We love playing pool and the table was great. Additionally the balcony's are spacious. You have a large table on the balcony off the dining room that you can eat at. We loved having breakfast overlooking the animals. One draw back was our room was at the top of the resort, so we were further away from the animals. Oh, my wife loved the master bathroom with the jetted tub in the center of the bathroom and a TV.

As for Kidani, they are very nice, but they are two floors, so it gives the feeling of not being as spacious. The balcony is also a normal size balcony, so you dont get the large table outside to eat at. Though the very large floor to ceiling (2 story) window does make for a great view. Also note, since it is two floors there is an entrance to the room from two different floors.

We stayed in a Jambo Grand Villa last year. I prefer them. The Jambo GV is very spacious and all one level. My wife an I had the main bedroom which is far from the other bedrooms. The room has a huge dining area. The biggest reason for us was the pool table. We love playing pool and the table was great. Additionally the balcony's are spacious. You have a large table on the balcony off the dining room that you can eat at. We loved having breakfast overlooking the animals. One draw back was our room was at the top of the resort, so we were further away from the animals. Oh, my wife loved the master bathroom with the jetted tub in the center of the bathroom and a TV.

As for Kidani, they are very nice, but they are two floors, so it gives the feeling of not being as spacious. The balcony is also a normal size balcony, so you dont get the large table outside to eat at. Though the very large floor to ceiling (2 story) window does make for a great view. Also note, since it is two floors there is an entrance to the room from two different floors.
Thanks! I was leaning towards Jambo, and your response helped firm up the choice. The spacious balconies sound fantastic, and like the perfect place to start the day.

Thanks! I was leaning towards Jambo, and your response helped firm up the choice. The spacious balconies sound fantastic, and like the perfect place to start the day.
For sure. We loved it. We had breakfast out on the balcony every morning. Placed my mobile order and ran down and picked it up.

Perusing the threads here as we just bought AKV....we already own at VGC and BLT but adding on at BLT was really expensive compared to buying AKV. So, now we own here and I LOVE AKV so I am quite happy (though staying in the second to last room at Kidani was a tough walk at the end of the day, lol)!!
Yup! That's a Looong walk. Best if you have a car parked down below.

Welcome Home!

Has anybody used Night Vision goggles from their room? Amazon has a sale today on GTHUNDER night vision binoculars (no idea how good or bad those are), so don't take this as an endorsement.

We are doing Savannah View for the first time and thought it might be cool to have a pair. I know the cast members used to have some down at ground level, but I don't know if that is still an option now that Covid has changed things.

Has anybody used Night Vision goggles from their room? Amazon has a sale today on GTHUNDER night vision binoculars (no idea how good or bad those are), so don't take this as an endorsement.

We are doing Savannah View for the first time and thought it might be cool to have a pair. I know the cast members used to have some down at ground level, but I don't know if that is still an option now that Covid has changed things.
We have not tried, but I think they get the animals off the savannah when it gets dark.

Wow, so happy today, got a Club Level studio on 11 months. Only problem is that I now need to walk it forward 5 months 🥳😭

Do the two bedroom value rooms feel significantly smaller than the standard? We are planning a trip with my in laws that will be four of us adults, and two small kids. I was hoping to save the points but if it feels way smaller it might not be worth it.

Do the two bedroom value rooms feel significantly smaller than the standard? We are planning a trip with my in laws that will be four of us adults, and two small kids. I was hoping to save the points but if it feels way smaller it might not be worth it.
I can’t comment on how it feels but would note square footage I found listed online has kidani as 1173 sq ft, jambo as 1075 sq ft, and jambo value as 945 sq ft. This basically means the value is 10% smaller then standard at jambo but 20% smaller then kidani. My personal opinion is the rooms won’t feel much different in size but the big difference would be the extra bathroom kidani vs jambo.

For me I’d balance the extra bathroom vs the extra point cost rather then how spacious room feels but really driver for me is how hard it is to book the value room (e.g if I can get it I book but normally can’t without significant work and walking).

I can’t comment on how it feels but would note square footage I found listed online has kidani as 1173 sq ft, jambo as 1075 sq ft, and jambo value as 945 sq ft. This basically means the value is 10% smaller then standard at jambo but 20% smaller then kidani. My personal opinion is the rooms won’t feel much different in size but the big difference would be the extra bathroom kidani vs jambo.

For me I’d balance the extra bathroom vs the extra point cost rather then how spacious room feels but really driver for me is how hard it is to book the value room (e.g if I can get it I book but normally can’t without significant work and walking).
Thank you! We really love staying in Jambo for the lobby and food. If only they had the extra bathroom…. I am watching videos of the value one bedrooms and they seem to be missing the kitchen island also which could be a big deal for us since we will be eating quite a bit in the room…

We stayed in a value 1 bedroom for a week last year, so not a 2 bedroom. I expected to walk in and I say, "Oh yes, it does feel smaller". But honestly, I couldn't tell any appreciable difference. I think you lose 3 feet in depth of the room - it isn't enough to make you feel cramped. The kitchen has a marble-topped rectangular table that acts as an island. We loved it and for the points savings it is so worth it! You can see in the photo of the kitchen the table-style island.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.jpeg
    IMG_1643.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 30
We stayed in a value 1 bedroom for a week last year, so not a 2 bedroom. I expected to walk in and I say, "Oh yes, it does feel smaller". But honestly, I couldn't tell any appreciable difference. I think you lose 3 feet in depth of the room - it isn't enough to make you feel cramped. The kitchen has a marble-topped rectangular table that acts as an island. We loved it and for the points savings it is so worth it! You can see in the photo of the kitchen the table-style island.
Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! It’s reassuring to hear your experience and that there WAS an island. I think I’ll go ahead and try to book here at my 11 month window. I appreciate your input so much :)

Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! It’s reassuring to hear your experience and that there WAS an island. I think I’ll go ahead and try to book here at my 11 month window. I appreciate your input so much :)
You're so welcome. Good luck to you. Oh and post back here with your success so we can all share in your excitement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter