***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Apologies if this has already been discussed (I went back a few pages and didn't see it), but what activities are open right now for younger kids (6 and 4)? We just switched to a 2 bd, but only a standard view was open, and I'm worried about there not being much for the kids to do (we are going to Merriest on our first night when we are staying at BLT, but we won't be going to the parks for the rest of our trip). Everything on Google seems to predate Covid (cookie decorating, cake decorating, safari tours, etc).

Apologies if this has already been discussed (I went back a few pages and didn't see it), but what activities are open right now for younger kids (6 and 4)? We just switched to a 2 bd, but only a standard view was open, and I'm worried about there not being much for the kids to do (we are going to Merriest on our first night when we are staying at BLT, but we won't be going to the parks for the rest of our trip). Everything on Google seems to predate Covid (cookie decorating, cake decorating, safari tours, etc).

The Community Hall at Kidani and Simba's Cubhouse at Jambo are both open daily and have great activities all day long to keep kids busy. They also have lots of activities happening - here are the November activity calendars:

Attachments

• Adobe Scan Nov 01, 2021 (1)_1.jpg
    Adobe Scan Nov 01, 2021 (1)_1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Adobe Scan Nov 01, 2021_1.jpg
    Adobe Scan Nov 01, 2021_1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 40
  • P1480476.jpg
    P1480476.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 37
  • P1480478.jpg
    P1480478.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 30

Well, I'm officially 10 days out from returning home to Jambo... first time back since it's been opened back up. Made it down twice when it was DVC only so this is going to be a bit different.

Second time ever going on a solo trip, absolutely loved the first time so I'm really excited for this trip, it's been a rough couple year's and this get away is much much needed.

Doing a lot of relaxation on this trip, going to be there Dec 5th-11th and only doing 3 park days. Also only got a few dinners booked as reservations are harder than I've ever seen. Doing Boma on my birthday, so happy it's back and doing Wine Bar George for my first time, I've heard nothing but amazing things.

Sorry for rambling, just getting excited, going to be a different kind of trip for me with limited park days and not a ton of restaurants booked, but I'm going to try to get into the lounge at Steakhouse 71 one day also.

Well, I'm officially 10 days out from returning home to Jambo... first time back since it's been opened back up. Made it down twice when it was DVC only so this is going to be a bit different.

Second time ever going on a solo trip, absolutely loved the first time so I'm really excited for this trip, it's been a rough couple year's and this get away is much much needed.

Doing a lot of relaxation on this trip, going to be there Dec 5th-11th and only doing 3 park days. Also only got a few dinners booked as reservations are harder than I've ever seen. Doing Boma on my birthday, so happy it's back and doing Wine Bar George for my first time, I've heard nothing but amazing things.

Sorry for rambling, just getting excited, going to be a different kind of trip for me with limited park days and not a ton of restaurants booked, but I'm going to try to get into the lounge at Steakhouse 71 one day also.

It sounds like a brilliant trip - enjoy every minute!

We will be at Kidani tomorrow! I’m so excited! Last November we stayed at Jambo (DVC savannah view suites) and absolutely loved it, so we’re looking forward to seeing how Kidani compares. We’ve got two savannah view suites and noted in the reservations that we’re traveling together, so I’m interested to see if we do get rooms close to each other. Last year at Jambo we were right next door to each other and it was great - but if I’m looking at the Kidani maps correctly, it looks like there are one bedrooms between each of the suites. As long as we’re in the same general area, that’s ok with us.

Jambo y'all! Checking in with the AKV crew to see if my memory is off.... I thought Kidani studios were refurbished to include the murphy bed that flips up into the wall. (Twin size, length parallel to wall like at VGF). I don't see it in the floor plans, so now I'm thinking the only bedding option at Kidani studios are the Queen bed and sleeper sofa. Any insights? Thank you! :cutie:

Jambo y'all! Checking in with the AKV crew to see if my memory is off.... I thought Kidani studios were refurbished to include the murphy bed that flips up into the wall. (Twin size, length parallel to wall like at VGF). I don't see it in the floor plans, so now I'm thinking the only bedding option at Kidani studios are the Queen bed and sleeper sofa. Any insights? Thank you! :cutie:
Sorry, no, Kidani hasn’t gotten the queen Murphy beds yet. Just RIV, SSR and Poly (in progress slowly due to supply chain issues).
Edited to add - I think VGF is in process of getting them too.

AKV is due for that in 2023 I believe.

Hopefully maybe they will bump them up. Just wishful thinking.

But if they are anything similar to the hotel side in terms of look and style I can't wait for these rooms to be refurbished.

So Was thinking about maybe staying at AKV for a week in July. Is the Savana at Kidani or Jambo Better? Trying to decide between the 2. I'm familiar with the food at both, we like Sanaa a lot but also having the Mara is nice so its kinda even. Kidani has a parking garage right? But Jambo doesnt?

So Was thinking about maybe staying at AKV for a week in July. Is the Savana at Kidani or Jambo Better? Trying to decide between the 2. I'm familiar with the food at both, we like Sanaa a lot but also having the Mara is nice so its kinda even. Kidani has a parking garage right? But Jambo doesnt?
Most of the Kidani savanna view rooms look at the Sunset savanna, where the giraffes and zebras are, so many people prefer that view. I don't remember which savannas the Jambo DVC rooms look at - I'm sure someone will come help. And yes, Kidani has a parking garage under the building, so you can park close to the elevator that's closest to your room. Makes it easy to unload/load without regard to rain, plus the car isn't sitting in the sun and isn't an oven when you get into it, which might be important in July. We much prefer Kidani's 1 BR over Jambo due to the bathroom arrangement; haven't stayed in a studio there yet so can't compare the two.

Jambo savanna view villas are all on the 5th floor & may overlook one of 3 savannas - Sunset, Arusha, or Uzima.
Kidani savanna views are on all floors & may overlook Sunset savanna or the small no giraffes Pembe savanna.

Any word on when the Kidani pool refurb is starting? Everything just says "January." We're arriving 1/7 and I'm probably unrealistic in hoping it will be later in January? Thanks! We are requesting Zazu elevator to be closer to Jambo just in case.

Has anyone visited CL recently and is the Savannah side open for room reservations yet - or are they still closed for repairs?

Has anyone visited CL recently and is the Savannah side open for room reservations yet - or are they still closed for repairs?
We visited the AKV CL last week - all rooms appeared to be available. Did you have any specific questions about CL? It's not back to 100% what it was pre-Covid, but it sure was nice to get back there!

We visited the AKV CL last week - all rooms appeared to be available. Did you have any specific questions about CL? It's not back to 100% what it was pre-Covid, but it sure was nice to get back there!

Two weeks until we are at AKV CL. What are the changes from pre-COVID? We are doing a family get-together prior to our DCL cruise so no parks. Do they still have food most of the day? Drinks? Can you eat in the lounge or do you need to take it back to your room?

Two weeks until we are at AKV CL. What are the changes from pre-COVID? We are doing a family get-together prior to our DCL cruise so no parks. Do they still have food most of the day? Drinks? Can you eat in the lounge or do you need to take it back to your room?
Paging Mr. Morrow (on youtube) has a recent vlog about AKL CL. He was allowed to eat in the lounge and there was food out most of the day. I know he had alcohol in the evening in the lounge. Hope that helps!

The lounge is open for eating. Currently, since it's indoors, masks walking into the lounge and around the food, otherwise sitting at table to eat and drink without. The number of tables didn't seem reduced from pre-Covid. Breakfast seemed fairly normal to us with the offerings - pastries, oatmeal, yogurts, bagels, etc. The biggest change was in the afternoon. They used to have amazing spreads and dips with breads/chips, along with some other fun offerings. Now in the afternoon, it's mostly prepackaged items like bags of chips, trail mix, gummy bears, etc. The evenings continue to offer some hot apps/snacks/drinks, and also the late night desserts were there.

The staff was amazing, as usual. They have the assortment of sodas in the refrigerator all day. If you need bottled water, you just ask. It was great to be back. I hope you and your family enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter