***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Are you a vlogger? I noticed similar posts from you on several different resort threads. Curious why you're hopping around so much. One night isn't nearly enough to absorb the feeling of a resort. If you are, please give our AKV a chance to impress despite whatever view you might get.
I am not a vlogger.

I was only able to get one night at each resort due to availability on my DVC account and time of year/ when I booked.

I posted first on the other resorts page, but then I realized I should have posted these on the DVC Resorts since I am a DVC member staying on the DVC side of these hotels.

I am not a vlogger.

I was only able to get one night at each resort due to availability on my DVC account and time of year/ when I booked.

I posted first on the wrong resorts page, but then I realized I should have posted these on the DVC Resorts since I am a DVC member staying on the DVC side of these hotels.
That's a relief! I see too many of these youtubers coming and staying one night, then complaining that AKV is not up to par.
It's been tough to find availibility in December. The resorts always do a beautiful job decorating for the holidays. Think I need to start planing for 2022.

Hope you have a great trip.

That's a relief! I see too many of these youtubers coming and staying one night, then complaining that AKV is not up to par.
It's been tough to find availibility in December. The resorts always do a beautiful job decorating for the holidays. Think I need to start planing for 2022.

Hope you have a great trip.
Thank you!

This is our first DVC stay in WDW and we only need a studio for our small family. (We have stayed at DHHIR, our home resort before.)

We were only able to book 1 night each at AKV, BRV, and PVB due to the demand/availability in December!

We anticipate loving each of these 3 resorts during Christmas week!

We are booked for next February, 12-18. We just got back from VGF and other than HS and AK days enjoyed the lack of dependence on buses. We also came back every day for a swim and a nap, and I'm definitely going to want to spend mid-day at the resort but I'm not sure if buses are any better than they were when we were there in 2018. Is it better to just do either mornings or afternoons in the park or is a mid-day break possible without losing 2 hours a day to buses?

Has anyone who has stayed at AKV recently noticed if the televisions have been updated to chromcast enabled sets? I'd like to leave the roku at home for the kids, and would be nice to be able to stream from my ipad to the large screen so I can watch something other than Disney owned content.

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but you all would likely have a good idea of the answer :) I'm going to attempt to book a savannah view studio at Jambo at the 11 month point (renting through Davids). They did let me know that it may be difficult to get so I'm just curious what the experience has been for those to have BTDT. Will I most likely end up waiting until the 7 month window opens to try again?

Thanks!

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but you all would likely have a good idea of the answer :) I'm going to attempt to book a savannah view studio at Jambo at the 11 month point (renting through Davids). They did let me know that it may be difficult to get so I'm just curious what the experience has been for those to have BTDT. Will I most likely end up waiting until the 7 month window opens to try again?

Thanks!

Actually I think you should have no issue at all. There is plenty of dvc AKL points.

I have friends staying at a Jambo House DVC studio next mo. Did a search to try to figure out current coffee maker and still not sure between pot, keurig, or some Cuisinart pod thing. Anyone narrow it down for me?

Thanks

I have friends staying at a Jambo House DVC studio next mo. Did a search to try to figure out current coffee maker and still not sure between pot, keurig, or some Cuisinart pod thing. Anyone narrow it down for me?

Thanks
All DVC units at Jambo and Kidani currently have a standard 12 cup coffee maker in the room. (This is the same for most of the DVCs, but there are a few exceptions)

Thanks
As above, DVC rooms have drip coffee pots. Some studios have the 4-cup size, but Housekeeping will be glad to bring the 12-cup if desired. Filter pods of Joffrey's coffee are provided; if your friends like something else, they should bring their own coffee and flat-bottom filters.

The exception to above are the Riviera Tower Studios, which have Keurigs.

As above, DVC rooms have drip coffee pots. Some studios have the 4-cup size, but Housekeeping will be glad to bring the 12-cup if desired. Filter pods of Joffrey's coffee are provided; if your friends like something else, they should bring their own coffee and flat-bottom filters.

The exception to above are the Riviera Tower Studios, which have Keurigs.
If any studios have the 4 cup drip coffee maker, that is not a DVC owned unit, but a quick replacement from the hotel side. It should be replaced asap, but often they forget.

If any studios have the 4 cup drip coffee maker, that is not a DVC owned unit, but a quick replacement from the hotel side. It should be replaced asap, but often they forget.
We rarely stay in studios, but I was under the impression that a 4-cup coffeemaker was standard there. Maybe they’ve upgraded as a result of frequent requests for the larger pots! 😉

We rarely stay in studios, but I was under the impression that a 4-cup coffeemaker was standard there. Maybe they’ve upgraded as a result of frequent requests for the larger pots! 😉
They've always been the 12 cup units ever since I started staying DVC, back in 2004. One time I requested a replacement as my unit had mold in the tank and they brought me the 4 cup unit. I needed the 12, so called back in the morning and the manager brought up a brand new one, still in box. She said the 4 cup ones belong to the hotel and we shouldn't have been brought one.

Thanks

We stayed in a AKL Jambo value studio in July. It had a Mr. Coffee 12 cup.

Are you more likely to get room requests with on line check in or by sending in a request and checking in at the desk. We have always gone to the desk early thinking there is a better chance... what’s your experience?

Are you more likely to get room requests with on line check in or by sending in a request and checking in at the desk. We have always gone to the desk early thinking there is a better chance... what’s your experience?
I don't think it makes a difference. You just want to have it noted on your reservation prior to rooms being assigned. By the time you show up the rooms have already been assigned. That's not to say that they can't make changes at that point but the room you are assigned won't change based on how you check in.

I have my requests noted by MS, in normal times through a phone call, this year I sent an email. I never use on line check in requests at AKV, they are too generic to be useful, for ex. at Jambo why chose upper v. lower floor when all the non club villas are on the 5th floor. At Kidani why chose near elevator since there are several in the building.
The front desk doesn‘t make room assignments, a computer does w/ I suspect some tweaking by a human. These days I usually get the text w/ my villa number when I turn my phone on after landing at MCO & I generally bypass the front desk entirely.
W/ DVC operating at near 100% occupancy there’s not much available inventory for the check in desk to move someone to anyway.
I did once get 3 different villa # texts when I took my phone off airplane mode - one of which was a studio at Kidani when I’d booked a 1 br. at Jambo - not sure what that was all about, but I did stop by the front desk for that one rather than heading straight to my villa, just to confirm which villa was officially mine.

We just booked a split stay in May - 6 nights OWK and 6 nights AKL Jambo DVC Studio with Savannah View with rented DVC points. Yay, finally! (After having to re-schedule from Dec 2020).

We're a young couple (likely to be married by then, so this will kinda be our honeymoon). Do you have any recommendations regarding what we should put in a request for best Savannah View / general location?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter