***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Does Kidani have any standard rooms which give Savannah views?

Im torn between 300 point Value room in Jambo for the close proximity of the food court/ restaurant or Kidani standard 1 bedroom which will have 2 bedrooms a fair bit more space for 400 points yet have to trek to Jambo to get the food courts

Im torn between 300 point Value room in Jambo for the close proximity of the food court/ restaurant or Kidani standard 1 bedroom which will have 2 bedrooms a fair bit more space for 400 points yet have to trek to Jambo to get the food courts
Here are a few pics from a dedicated standard 2BR at Kidani that we had....to the left was greenery between us and the pool area.

20181206_162025.jpg20181206_162031.jpg20181206_163117.jpg

There are but not as many as at Jambo. I've had one of the studios at Kidani that are standard but right at the fence line where the Pembe savannah ends and the pool area starts.

The best rooms are the Kidani rooms, hands down. Savanna rooms preferred, but like many I don't always have those points and will reserve Jambo Value or Standard.

I adore Kidani but after dozens of stays will no longer reserve anything other than savanna view there. It's all an internal mind game with me, I can't watch the magical express buses come and go. The overall inventory would have to be sold out for me to reserve one.

Lately I've been sticking to Jambo as I'm trying to coordinate two or more rooms and it's easier to configure between value/standard/club level (when it returns).

The standards at Kidani that have savanna view overlook the Pembe savanna. To have a chance of getting a Pembe savanna view with a standard view room at Kidani, you should request a room near the Pumbaa elevator. Be aware that success in getting that request means you will have very long walks to lobby and bus station.

Last edited:
Newbie here. Please explain to me how Kidani shows up as a first choice when trying to book rooms and Jambo is listed with the other resorts that would be available to book at the seventh month window. I know you check the boxes and Kidani is highlighted without clicking it. Am I able to book Jambo at 11 months out? Thanks.

Newbie here. Please explain to me how Kidani shows up as a first choice when trying to book rooms and Jambo is listed with the other resorts that would be available to book at the seventh month window. I know you check the boxes and Kidani is highlighted without clicking it. Am I able to book Jambo at 11 months out? Thanks.

Yes. It's really a glitch in the software that started when they combined the booking tool with the availability search. You can select Jambo for your 11 month too. If you get an error that's also been a glitch for a few and you need to contact IT. I haven't heard of that happening much or at all recently though.

It is simply an issue of the particular building in which you have an ownership interest. Those with ownership in a Jambo unit will have Jumbo show up as that automatic choice and those with a Kidani deed will have Kidani. It is not a real difference since you can reserve either building as an AKV owner, but the system does require you to check the other building in that reservation section to see rooms availiable. The distinction between listing the two buildings is actually needed because each building can be reserved separately, and room categories differ. Example: if they showed both together in the reservation section where it lists applicable rooms, one would not necessarily be able to determine that there are no value and club level rooms at Kidani, and there are no dedicated 2BRs or standard view GVs at Jambo.

Last edited:
Anyone have rough pricing for the wooden animal march they sell in the ALK Stores? I remember years ago Giraffes and Elephant ones. Made to look 'Hand made'

Anyone have rough pricing for the wooden animal march they sell in the ALK Stores? I remember years ago Giraffes and Elephant ones. Made to look 'Hand made'
Not sure what you mean here. Are these poured polymer, imitation wood animals?

If you're talking about those tall wooden carvings, each one is unique and is hand made by artisans. Not sure if they're still sourcing from Africa or if they've gone cheaper to asia. They did the same with the beaded animals - the ones my kids gifted to me from the shop there years ago are bigger and more detailed than the newer ones being sold. They're still hand crafted though.

Yeah sorry, didn’t explain myself too well.

most the carved animals I’m more after, we want to buy some and integrate AKL into our home a bit more for the ‘home from home’

$25 a pop or so sounds good to me. We don’t buy pins, shirts etc but some to big more authentic does appeal

Yeah sorry, didn’t explain myself too well.

most the carved animals I’m more after, we want to buy some and integrate AKL into our home a bit more for the ‘home from home’

$25 a pop or so sounds good to me. We don’t buy pins, shirts etc but some to big more authentic does appeal
I should be down that way in June or July (depends on the contractors) and will look for you if I get over to AK or Kidani.

Thank You so much. It was just mainly curiosity on my part of stuff to start collecting that doesn't that doesn't become an addiction lol.

We’ve gotten a few pieces. We love to watch the carvers work. They’re also lovely to chat with if you can get them talking. They’re often quiet personalities, but if you get a topic they’re connected to they’ll chat. A couple of the pieces we’ve gotten asking the carver which ones he’s done. Once the cane he was working on at the time was very different than the others that were completely done (all giraffes instead of the menagerie or single figure you often see). We asked how long it would take to finish and it was a few days before we had to leave so we asked if we could buy that one. He said yes and it is just as lovely as we knew it would be.

Disney may sell les expensive carvings, but we love the ones we know were done by hand, even many that have a story to go with them!

Hi! Long-time owner, first-time contributor to this thread. Any speculation on when you think concierge will open back up again? I was able to get a night for my recently planned July trip and was wondering if I should hold out any hope on being able to enjoy the spread.

Hi! Long-time owner, first-time contributor to this thread. Any speculation on when you think concierge will open back up again? I was able to get a night for my recently planned July trip and was wondering if I should hold out any hope on being able to enjoy the spread.
Very, very doubtful Club level offerings will be back before the hotel side is opened back up, and there's no news on when that will happen... so I think we're looking at 2022 before we can say hello to that service.

What they'll do for you, and me as I have a reservation in Oct but not other rooms are available to move it to, will be to refund us the point difference between CL and Standard view rooms. I'm hoping this means they'll also allow me to push those points forward into my 2021 UY otherwise I'll loose them.

Thanks! I did not remember the hotel was not open yet. So, you don't stay in the CL room, they physically move you to another one? Is it always standard (pool) view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter