*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

Can't believe that two weeks from today at this time the kids and I will be eating at Goofy's Kitchen! (DS6 just complained that he didn't like the dinner I made, so I reminded him that in two weeks he can choose to eat PBJ pizza and chocolate pudding with gummy worms instead.):yay:

Photopass plus arrived today, and the "fun stuff" bag--games for the road trip, Disney surprises, etc.--is packed. But I haven't started with clothing or anything--probably because that would require me to do laundry I don't want to do yet. :)

Time for the kids and I to rewatch some of our favorite Disneyland DVDs now!

Glad you joined us! Thanks for the well wishes. Your plans just prove that there are many ways to enjoy the magic of DLR.

Thank you! I asked my DH the other day if it's too much that all our vacations revolve around Disney (DLR annual passholders, DCL, DVC). Thankfully, he said no! We feel we truly are a Disney family!:blush:

:welcome:Dis - Family

Glad you joined our group... Some of us are visiting Disneyland for the 1st time.

Being a Disnayland Veteran - your experinces, thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated..

Updated our front page with you information.... Happy Day to you and your family..:banana:

Thank you so much for your hard work on this thread! You allowed so many people to connect and share! Thank you for including my family! :hug:

I started a PTR that you can see in my signature. I haven't learned yet how to attach pictures yet. Maybe next week's trip will inspire me. Plan on just using our cell phones for any pix and leave the big camera at home.

I finalized and paid for my Von's grocery delivery tonight. It will arrive at VGC Sunday morning. We have our GCH cabana 07/07 and DLH cabana 07/10 booked. Will have DD (almost 7) and DS (almost 3) attend 2-3 storytelling at GCH, attempt the quest adventure (?), pool parties. Booked Surfs up with Mickey on 07/08 and Build a Bear Workshop booked early on 07/09.

I'll try to post during our trip! :thumbsup2

Your Time Has Arrived, Your Leaving For Disneyland

Have Lots of Fun & We All Wish You Safe Travels

July 2
Californiacicle
SnowBelleAlice
Kittymomm

If you can, please let us know you arrived at Disney

Thank you so much for your hard work on this thread! You allowed so many people to connect and share! Thank you for including my family! :hug:

I started a PTR that you can see in my signature. I haven't learned yet how to attach pictures yet. Maybe next week's trip will inspire me. Plan on just using our cell phones for any pix and leave the big camera at home.

I finalized and paid for my Von's grocery delivery tonight. It will arrive at VGC Sunday morning. We have our GCH cabana 07/07 and DLH cabana 07/10 booked. Will have DD (almost 7) and DS (almost 3) attend 2-3 storytelling at GCH, attempt the quest adventure (?), pool parties. Booked Surfs up with Mickey on 07/08 and Build a Bear Workshop booked early on 07/09.

I'll try to post during our trip! :thumbsup2

You are most welcome... Try Photo Bucket, it's the easiest to navigate through and copy and paste pic's.

I will put your activities on the Park page and Surf's Up on the ADR page of the thread... Your agenda sounds fun!!!:banana:

Can't believe that two weeks from today at this time the kids and I will be eating at Goofy's Kitchen! (DS6 just complained that he didn't like the dinner I made, so I reminded him that in two weeks he can choose to eat PBJ pizza and chocolate pudding with gummy worms instead.):yay:

Photopass plus arrived today, and the "fun stuff" bag--games for the road trip, Disney surprises, etc.--is packed. But I haven't started with clothing or anything--probably because that would require me to do laundry I don't want to do yet. :)

Time for the kids and I to rewatch some of our favorite Disneyland DVDs now!

Congrat's on your Photopass arriving...:thumbsup2

I hear you on attempting to cook at home right now..

My DD and I don't even know what to eat at home just thinking about all the good food waiting for us at Disney..:lmao:

Congrat's on your Photopass arriving...:thumbsup2

I hear you on attempting to cook at home right now..

My DD and I don't even know what to eat at home just thinking about all the good food waiting for us at Disney..:lmao:

Yeah, between our going to DLR soon and the County Fair running here for five days starting tomorrow, there will be a lot of opportunities for "fun" food--which is why I'm trying to be at least a little firm about the kids eating things like vegetables when we actually have regular meals! ("No one's going to make you eat spinach at Disneyland.") :)

Quick question for those of you planning on going to WOC- which section are you planning on watching it from? Yellow or blue? I'm trying to figure out which FP to get and where to go when we get there.:confused3

I too am trying for the Yellow wet zone rail, I have read a trip report where they watched the show several time, got in line about an hour and a half early and got that spot every time and her pics were awesome!!

Hello Everyone,
Finally decided that the excitement was getting too great and I had to join this thread. Didn't join before because, well you know, we've done this annual trip SO many times! But we leave in 4 days!!!!!
We are driving from Eastern Washington EARLY on the 5th (any driving advice needed?) and arriving at the CCI on Sunday the 6th. Drinks at Trader Sam's, appetizers at RFC, and dessert at Ralph Brennan's will get the party started. Will park hop for the next three days while eating at many of our favorite spots (BB, Plaza, CCT, CO). Then the long 18 hour drive home on Thursday the 10th.
We've done this trip 12 out of the last 14 years. We've got it down to a science!
Hope everyone has a very Magical trip! July is a fabulous time to visit the Mouse!!!

I find my self checking times on mousewait thru out the day and day dreaming about being there....sigh...23 more days and we will be out the door

Ack, so close!! I am finishing up our packing as we speak. We'll be leaving for the airport at 3:30 am, so starting off exhausted LOL.

I won't be updating until I get back home with wifi.

Ack, so close!! I am finishing up our packing as we speak. We'll be leaving for the airport at 3:30 am, so starting off exhausted LOL.

I won't be updating until I get back home with wifi.

Safe travels! We start our drive around 1pm tomorrow, will arrive late tomorrow evening - you're at Stovall's, right? We are :)
If you see three ladies, two brunettes and a smaller blonde that's us :-)
Say hi if you'd like.

Safe travels! We start our drive around 1pm tomorrow, will arrive late tomorrow evening - you're at Stovall's, right? We are :)
If you see three ladies, two brunettes and a smaller blonde that's us :-)
Say hi if you'd like.

Safe travels to you as well :) We'll be hanging around the pool tomorrow afternoon/evening and heading out for Mexican down the street. We are bound to see each other this trip.

I can't decide whether to tell my DGD6 about our surprise trip, or just wake her up and put her in the car and then tell her... she knows we're going in November, but she has no idea that we are also going in 9 days! :rolleyes2

Two more sleeps till I am on that plane. Two more sleeps! :scared1: I have soooo much to do. Perhaps I'd be better to stay up all night and get stuff done - then it's only one sleep to go :rotfl2:

I'm on the Board at my kids' school and there are all sorts of things happening that I need to deal with (like our principal retiring! :sad:) There are not enough hours in the day at the moment.

Just in case I don't get on board before Friday, I just wanted to thank you all again for your friendship and advice, and for sharing the excitement. I hope you all travel safely and have a fantastic time. I look forward to sharing trip reports with you all very soon :)

I'm at the parks right now and just wanted to share a couple of things. Space Mountain was supposed to be closed till Thursday but they did a soft open today. If you are coming before Thursday, it's open!

Second, we did the Welcome to Disneyland tour. We aren't newbies to DLR, but it's been a couple years so we tried it. We did early entry to DCA and rode RSRs, California screamin, and Toy Story. The tour started at 10:30 am in DL. We rode Pirates and did the Its tough to be a bug attraction. They made lunch reservations for us when we checked in for the tour and made VIP seating reservations for us at Mickey and the Magical Map (they actually have reserved seats vs the alternative of only priority entry for Aladdin-no reserved seats). They gave us fastspasses for WOC, and no time restriction fast passes for Soarin and Star Tours. Todemonstrate how to use FP machines, they had us get Indy FPs. At $25 a person (we paid $20 a ticket with DVC discount), I thought it was a good deal. I don't think I would do it again because we are pretty familiar with the parks, but it was a fun one time tour and it was nice to have stuff planned out like that because it was a pretty busy day at both parks.

Tonight we are trying F! - The dessert and reserved seating.

Just thought I'd share for all still planning!

I'm at the parks right now and just wanted to share a couple of things. Space Mountain was supposed to be closed till Thursday but they did a soft open today. If you are coming before Thursday, it's open!

Second, we did the Welcome to Disneyland tour. We aren't newbies to DLR, but it's been a couple years so we tried it. We did early entry to DCA and rode RSRs, California screamin, and Toy Story. The tour started at 10:30 am in DL. We rode Pirates and did the Its tough to be a bug attraction. They made lunch reservations for us when we checked in for the tour and made VIP seating reservations for us at Mickey and the Magical Map (they actually have reserved seats vs the alternative of only priority entry for Aladdin-no reserved seats). They gave us fastspasses for WOC, and no time restriction fast passes for Soarin and Star Tours. Todemonstrate how to use FP machines, they had us get Indy FPs. At $25 a person (we paid $20 a ticket with DVC discount), I thought it was a good deal. I don't think I would do it again because we are pretty familiar with the parks, but it was a fun one time tour and it was nice to have stuff planned out like that because it was a pretty busy day at both parks.

Thanks for the review of the Welcome to Disneyland Tour. I'm doing it with several friends next Friday. I will have to point my companions to this thread.

Hello Everyone,
Finally decided that the excitement was getting too great and I had to join this thread. Didn't join before because, well you know, we've done this annual trip SO many times! But we leave in 4 days!!!!!
We are driving from Eastern Washington EARLY on the 5th (any driving advice needed?) and arriving at the CCI on Sunday the 6th. Drinks at Trader Sam's, appetizers at RFC, and dessert at Ralph Brennan's will get the party started. Will park hop for the next three days while eating at many of our favorite spots (BB, Plaza, CCT, CO). Then the long 18 hour drive home on Thursday the 10th.
We've done this trip 12 out of the last 14 years. We've got it down to a science!
Hope everyone has a very Magical trip! July is a fabulous time to visit the Mouse!!!

:welcome: Dis-Family

Thanks for joining our July group... I will add your information to the front pages of the thread... Once again, we all welcome you..

Any advice from a DLR veteran would be appreciated.

FUN, FUN, FUN ----- :cool1:

Have a great time Dis - Family :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter