*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

luulu1999 said:
Every since RSR has had the FP's you could pull the fast pass and IMMEDIATELY get another FP it is no longer like that when you get the FP for RSR you have to wait til your window opens up or 2hrs which ever is first before you can get another FP from other rides...WOC is disconnected so you can have that FP along with others

Oh - Ok

We understand now.. Thanks Luulu

We are down to less than a month!! I bought two new shirts for my dh yesterday along with moisture wicking socks for all of us. Now I just need to decide if we are all going with just tennis shoes or getting walking sandals too. We have an 11 day trip ahead of us (Disneyland & Yosemite).

We are down to less than a month!! I bought two new shirts for my dh yesterday along with moisture wicking socks for all of us. Now I just need to decide if we are all going with just tennis shoes or getting walking sandals too. We have an 11 day trip ahead of us (Disneyland & Yosemite).
Hmmmm, no way I can get my fam into sandals, so I might need to check out the socks idea. Are they kind of expensive? I
appreciate it :)

Luulu1999:
My fam got me a subway Maleficent bag on THursday!
[happy ferret dance]
I went to one Thursday morning and they were out, but Mr FFerret found another one.
It's so cute. We have a 15 month old who has claimed it for her own. She thinks she's a big girl like her teen sibs.

Who is doing Walk In Walt's Footsteps while they are there? I am thinking about doing but I am just wondering if it is really worth the $$? It's $109 but we should get a discount because we have a Disney Visa which would bring it down to $87.50 a person. Will they be done working on Club 33 when we are there? I would like to see the inside and I know it's part of the tour but it's being updated. We will be in the parks July 17th, 18th, 20th and 21st!:cool1:

If you are a Walt fan, the cost is worth going in his apartment alone IMO. The rest of the tour, lunch, and pin were an added bonus.

Check out Keen, Teva, or Merrell brand sandals for him. Lots of styles to choose from and all 3 brands are known for comfort. He sounds like my nephews (ages 6-11) who refuse to wear sandals other than flip flops or athletic slides occasionally. They insist on wearing tennis shoes all summer long and it drives me crazy because I know how hot and stinky those feet are, lol.

Thanks! I will check them out! I agree about stinky feet. ICK! We swap our shoes half way through the day and it makes a huge difference for our feet.

It's funny reading the tips about socks and hot feet - because it's coooooold in my part of the world. And it's very very hard to try and get y head around being warm. Feels like summer was such a long time ago and I've forgotten what it feels like. I am sure that as a result I will totally end up packing overly warm clothes for us. Even though logically I know it's summer in the northern hemisphere, and even though I've travelled a lot in my life, it's another thing entirely trying to remember the practicalities of being in hot weather. Must go look into moisture-wicking socks. I'm just hoping my kids still fit all their clothes from last summer because it's all winter clothes in our stores here so I won't be able to buy anything new until we hit California :cool1:

11 days to go, my daughter informed me this morning :cheer2:

Not sure this is the best thread to ask this but thought I would try...

We are flying into LAX late on July 2nd, staying in a hotel downtown and getting up early to Amtrak to San Diego. Does anyone know if I 'have' to prebook the train? I would rather not just in case our flights are delayed and we get in super late or something. Also wondering if they are super tight on the luggage size restrictions (no checked baggage apparently).

TIA :worship: - sorry if wrong place to post.

Stina

Not sure this is the best thread to ask this but thought I would try...

We are flying into LAX late on July 2nd, staying in a hotel downtown and getting up early to Amtrak to San Diego. Does anyone know if I 'have' to prebook the train? I would rather not just in case our flights are delayed and we get in super late or something. Also wondering if they are super tight on the luggage size restrictions (no checked baggage apparently).

TIA :worship: - sorry if wrong place to post.

Stina

They allow two carry ons that are no more than 50 pounds and 28" x 22" x 11" (if your going Pacific Surfliner). I haven't had issues about this on the NEC with luggage because I take a small bag. You can pay more for a train by booking the day of on Amtrak and it can be significantly higher especially on a busy weekend like July 4th. I would book now for let's say the 11:15 AM train from LA and change it to earlier or later at the station if needed. Here's the cancellation policy for a non-business class ticket on the Pacific Surfliner:

Value Fares

Refundable: Full refund if canceled 24 hours or more before departure. 10% fee charged if less than 24 hours. Unreserved tickets incur 10% fee at all times.
eVoucher available: Full value, no fees.

Value Fares offer several refund options. Value Fare tickets are fully refundable if canceled more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure from the origin but will incur a 10% refund fee if canceled less than 24 hours prior to scheduled departure. Value Fare tickets can be canceled with the ticket value saved as a credit in an eVoucher that can be used for future Amtrak travel. If not canceled before the scheduled departure from the origin ("no show"), the entire amount is forfeited and cannot be applied toward future travel.

The Value Fare is available on all trains and buses. The number of seats available on each train at the Value Fare is limited.

I hope this helps you on your questions.

Hmmmm, no way I can get my fam into sandals, so I might need to check out the socks idea. Are they kind of expensive? I
appreciate it :)

Luulu1999:
My fam got me a subway Maleficent bag on THursday!
[happy ferret dance]
I went to one Thursday morning and they were out, but Mr FFerret found another one.
It's so cute. We have a 15 month old who has claimed it for her own. She thinks she's a big girl like her teen sibs.

YAAY!!! I still am considering going to get another one for me but I may just take my kiddo's kids sized Cardinals Backpack

They allow two carry ons that are no more than 50 pounds and 28" x 22" x 11" (if your going Pacific Surfliner). I haven't had issues about this on the NEC with luggage because I take a small bag. You can pay more for a train by booking the day of on Amtrak and it can be significantly higher especially on a busy weekend like July 4th. I would book now for let's say the 11:15 AM train from LA and change it to earlier or later at the station if needed. Here's the cancellation policy for a non-business class ticket on the Pacific Surfliner:

Value Fares

Refundable: Full refund if canceled 24 hours or more before departure. 10% fee charged if less than 24 hours. Unreserved tickets incur 10% fee at all times.
eVoucher available: Full value, no fees.

Value Fares offer several refund options. Value Fare tickets are fully refundable if canceled more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure from the origin but will incur a 10% refund fee if canceled less than 24 hours prior to scheduled departure. Value Fare tickets can be canceled with the ticket value saved as a credit in an eVoucher that can be used for future Amtrak travel. If not canceled before the scheduled departure from the origin ("no show"), the entire amount is forfeited and cannot be applied toward future travel.

The Value Fare is available on all trains and buses. The number of seats available on each train at the Value Fare is limited.

I hope this helps you on your questions.

Thanks!

I had my Ortho appointment today and he cleared me from my boot for the most part, he said I needed to start walking in shoes. He thought it would be good to bring it with me on my trip just in case and to possibly start the day in it to give my ankle a rest.

I had my Ortho appointment today and he cleared me from my boot for the most part, he said I needed to start walking in shoes. He thought it would be good to bring it with me on my trip just in case and to possibly start the day in it to give my ankle a rest.

:thumbsup2

I posted this on the RSR disconnected thread, but thought I would post here too and see what you all think:

Ok, so we are going July 21-23, Mon and Wed are EMH for DCA. Was planning on still going to DCA first on Monday and hitting TSMM, then grabbing a FastPass for RSR. We have littles, so we cannot do single rider for RSR. Will this still be a good plan?

Is TSMM a super long line at regular opening, or will it still be shorter than the normal 40-45 minutes? I don't mind waiting a little bit, but trying to avoid 45+ waits for it. Any advice welcome! My dad hasn't been in 10 years so trying to make the most of our 3 days. I usually "wing it" when it comes to planning. TIA

Californiacicle said:

That is Great News.... take it easy....

Oh My Goodness July Group
We are going to Disneyland..:woohoo:
Are You Ready?
:rockband:party::rainbow::jumping1:

So glad to hear you are already on the mend! Whether you're in a boot or a shoe, you get to go to Disneyland soon. Yay!!

LGMH check! It will be on the lanyard with the PP+

409686367.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter