The Offical Neopets Topic

WWEDUDE

<br><font color=green>I am in a head cast</font><b
I thought I would share the game I enjoy playing, http://neopets.com , it's a very fun site, there are so many things to do I really can't explain them all. I am wwedude on the site, I hope you enjoy it :)

Guide:
Neopets is a virtual world, where you can own pets, play games, discover new worlds, and so much more! I created this, which will be a working progress to explain Neopets to members who don't play it. If you have a question or suggestion you want to see in this guide please post or PM.

NOTE: This is a free game, there are 3 different things you can pay for, but I have never paid for it, and the features are not needed to enjoy the game.
NC Mall: You can buy special clothes, trinkets, and backgrounds for your pet to wear, with real money, but you can still buy those three things from normal shops, so their is no need to pay for those ones.
Premium: This gives you a few extra features for a price each month, they aren't that great, they include a email address, super shop wizard (where you get the lowest price without refreshing), beta testing, and a few other features.
Mobile: For about 5 dollars a month you get to play Neopets on your phone, you can earn a few items, and get to adopt a special pet.

Chapter One: Navigate around Neo
Finding your way around the side can be a challenge, but here is the basics of getting around!

aw3ztj.png

1. Neopets Main Logo, click to return to the homepage.
2. My Account, click to be taken to Control Panel, roll over to see options:
  • Control Panel, includes links to almost anything technical.
  • Edit Profile, includes fields to edit your user lookup, and change password.
  • Preferences, includes options like if you want people to be able to contact you and your site theme.
  • Neomail, Neopet's form of PMing, view inbox and send out Neomails (NM for sort)
  • Neofriends, a place to keep track of your NeoFriends, which are your buddies.
  • Create a Neopet, this is wear you can create a pet, name it, and choose your color. This is different from adopting a pet, this you only have 4 colors to choose from, yellow, blue, red, and green. More on adopting and pets later in the guide.
3. Pet Central, click to be taken to Pet Central Main, roll over to see options:
  • Main, this includes Neopets Media, the calendar, stats, daily puzzle, and a bit more.
  • Calendar, shows the full NeoYear, and all events/pet days scheduled. Neopets still has surprise events as well!
  • World Events, unlike the Calendar this features events that happen monthly, or randomly.
  • Neopian Pound, this is where you can adopt a pet, this includes any pet that has been disowned, they can be Limited-Editon and/or Painted. It's all about luck what you find here!
4. Explore, click to be taken to Map of Neopia, roll over to see options:
  • Map of Neopia, explore the world of Neopia, discover new lands, with different themes and games!
  • Weather, though this seems pointless you can see Weather for lands in Neopia, you could get avatars also! (see avatars in guide)
  • Pronunciation, confused how to say a Neopet word? This will help.
  • Neopidia, learn about a specific event/person/pet/etc!
5. Explore, click to be taken to Games Room, roll over to see options:
  • Games Room, play hundred of games, and earn alot of Neopoints!
  • Top Rated, see what the favorite games of other players are.
  • High Scores, find out who has the top score in a game, and who got a trophy for it.
  • Favorites, these are your personal favorites, you can add them from the game screen.
6. Boards, click to be taken to Neoboard Index, roll over to see options:
  • Neoboard Index, come chat with other Neopians in topics all about Neopets, filtered chat, you must be over 13 to see it.
  • Preferences, here you change your font and avatar.
7. Shops, click to be taken to Neopia Central, roll over to see options:
  • Neopia Central, this is a land in the world, with no theme really, there are alot of shops for food, books, and alot more.
  • Shop Wizard, want to price your shop or buy an item? You can search user shops here, note: when you search you only see certain shops based on usernames, so you may have to refresh to find the cheapest.
  • Your Shop, sell your items here!
  • Auctions, buy or sell an item in the auction house!
  • Trading Post, trade your items to other users and search the post. (If an item is priced more than 99,999np you must buy it in the auction house or trading post because there is a limit on prices on user shops)
  • Bank, deposit your Neopoints here!
  • Merchandise, buy real life plushies, trading cards, or other items.
8. News, click to be taken to New Features, roll over to see options:
  • New Features, every night check here for the daily news.
  • Coming Soon, see what is on the horizon.
  • Neopian Times, check out the Neopets newspaper!
  • Merch News, same page as "Merchandise".
9. Video, click to be taken to Neovision, roll over to see options:
  • Neovision, check out user submitted videos.
  • Submit your Video, submit your video.
10. NC Mall, click to be taken to Shop, roll over to see options:
  • Shop, buy clothing, trinkets, and backgrounds for your pets with real cash.
  • Get Neocash, buy Neocash with paypal and spend it at the mall.
  • Neocash Cards, redeem Neocash gift cards from Target, Walmart, or other stores for Neocash.

i was on Neopets, really into it back in 2000- about 2003 maybe until they froze my account. :( i do have an account there still, but only go on to play the stock market, i'm 'pinned' there.

i was on Neopets, really into it back in 2000- about 2003 maybe until they froze my account. :( i do have an account there still, but only go on to play the stock market, i'm 'pinned' there.

Aww, sorry for them freezing you :(

I started playing in '04, then got a new account in '07.

thanks for that... i was a very early player, started a few months after it started up. Like 3 or 4 months. Lost interest big when they sold their soul to the almighty dollar...

WWEDUDE- Hello! I believe we were friends on VMK. I am (or was, for that matter) HolliJolli. Am I correct?

Anyways, I am so happy to meet VMKers (of the past) who also enjoy Neopets as I do. I joined late 2002 when I saw my older sister (who at the time I thought was the coolest person ever) playing the game. I kept on begging her to help me sign up and finally she gave in.

I used to play, until they froze two accounts for no reason. After the first one, I thought, okay, I had another account with an ok amount of stuff. Then after a few years, probably in 2005, they froze my account. Made another, but after they made you start using your birthday to login I couldn't get on anymore. Anyone know a way to see the birthday you used to sign up with?
Heh, checked out the page for my account, Tukakunga. It's been so long the site updates messed up my layout.

LOL ice hates this game because of me!!
Ok you know the paint brushes,well ice got me a pink one and i painted HIS neopets (well one of them) pink.
LOL I Think He Quit After That:rotfl2:

I also play but not very much

I figured I might bump this, I added a start of the guide, and mods can you please move this to non-disney games, because I posted this before the board change :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter