The October 2015 Live Trip Reports!

tiggerdad

I don't always get distracted but whe...SQUIRREL!
Ladies, gentlemen, boys, and girls. Cats, dogs, squirrels, deer, turkeys, snakes, fish, and whatever else you got that might be watching!

It is officially October, and there are many of us who are visiting the Fort this month. Several of you have been posting on the September thread and I am thankful to each of you for taking the time. Now those of us in October have to keep the reports going. I know I don't come in until October 9th, but Sirenia88 put a lot of work into the Meet and Greet thread keeping up with everybody's dates so I figured I would take this one.

The plan is simple: Post what site you are on and what your visit dates will be. I'll keep coming back to this first post and keep it edited with each one of you as you post that information.

BUT DON'T STOP THERE!

Keep us up to date with your happenings if you get the time. Remember, we really love pictures! So post em if ya got em! Remember the threads on "Kickn' it at the Fort", "Post a pic of your campsite", etc.

Yellowstonetim - site 1638 October 1st - 9th
Serenitygr - site 1430 September 29th - October 13th
Benjyt - site 852 October 3rd - October 10th
Snowmedic - site 1643 October 5th - October 17th
Sirenia88 - site 705
Arielsfanmom - site 105
Nabi - site 2038
lbmiller - site 1509
Boomer1 - site 433
Brocktoon - site 105
Fsudisney - site 111
NMK62303 - 841
SamRoc - 1400 loop?

:squirrel:

Last edited:
We are here in 1638! Arrived 7am Tuesday and got right to a site. First day we went to Animal Kingdom, which was wonderful in the light and sporadic rain then to Epcot for Food & Wine. Wednesday Hollywood Studios then Hoop Dee Do and Downtown Disney.. Today, Thursday, we got up early and tried something different: We drove early to the TTC and took the resort monorail to Magic Kingdom for morning extra magic hours. After accidentally going to the Cast lot, we were the 4th car in the lot and 2 out of a total 3 people on the monorail. It was great and we were plenty early. After a day at MK we went to Epcot and Morroco for dinner. About to crash at any moment... :)

Tim,
Glad you guys are having fun. I got you added onto the list. Maybe I'll get to meet you before you head out. You planning on leaving out early on the 9th?

Nabi,

Let us know when you get there and which site they give ya and I'll put you on the list.

Vertigo.

Great movie. Jimmy Stewart, all-time great, acting really weird for Kim Novak.

Not so good for a trip to the Fort. But it appears I have it.

Just outside of Savannah, we had to pull over so my DW could take over the driving. Boy, I hope this gets better.

We got to the Courtyard Marriott Village at about 1 this morning. Just woke up - feels like we just took a nap. But, we're headed to FW soon, and all will be better!

:tigger:...

Vertigo.

Great movie. Jimmy Stewart, all-time great, acting really weird for Kim Novak.

Not so good for a trip to the Fort. But it appears I have it.

Just outside of Savannah, we had to pull over so my DW could take over the driving. Boy, I hope this gets better.

We got to the Courtyard Marriott Village at about 1 this morning. Just woke up - feels like we just took a nap. But, we're headed to FW soon, and all will be better!

:tigger:...

Oh no vertigo sucks! If it is still going on go to a drug store and get meclizine, that can help a lot. I think the brand name for it over the counter is Bonine.

Just getting ready to head down to Trails End for supper- all 13 of us! I have never eaten there, so I'm pretty excited to try it. Our 2 older boys are pretty wiped out from this cold- a day here resting was probably very good for all of us, but especially them. The younger 2 have been swimming most of the day. We did the Segway tour today- it was completely awesome- so glad we tried it! And also rented canoes for 1/2 hour- I did not realize what a workout that was! LOL We are trying to get the internet hooked up, but having trouble keeping a good signal- running off my phones internet again. Hopefully by tonight we'll get this figured out so I can get some pictures posted!

You won't be disappointed in Trails End I assure you.

Ouch. Nothing like a visit to Epcot tomorrow to help soothe the pain of Bama's beat down of the Dawgs.

We checked into site 852 this afternoon. The loop is packed, but in usual FW form, all are neighborly. Our Elkridge from Florida Camper Rental is great. FW ran out of carts today, so we're glad we had one reserved.

Took the Blue Flag launch to WL for Roaring Forks, then came back to the RV for a nap to try to kick this vertigo. My DW gave me meclazine last night, and I was zombified until late this afternoon. We went to the Super Target for groceries. Funny thing - while we were there, I saw 2-3 folks with Kilimanjaro Safari uniforms. I didn't know Disny would let them wear those off-site.

Then again, it could've been the meclazine...

We're thinking about a ride-around this evening, maybe a short dip in the pool, followed by a good night's sleep and Epcot tomorrow. My kids have been giving their best efforts to be excited about it.

I'll post pics of our site tomorrow. Good advice on the 800 loop. We have plenty of vegetation and room. Didn't get the outside loop, but very happy indeed.

Good and gooder sites, as our friends say.

OK- here we are trying a practice picture- trying to figure out how I did this last time :) We took a walk down the beach tonight after supper, and found an awesome spot they brought us too on the Segway tour- we are going to go there one evening to watch the fireworks. I'm not sure what the area is actually for- they have some picnic tables set up there, and a little fire pit- it's a ways down the beach- does anyone know? It was so beautiful standing there ....

Serenitygr,
You were down on the beach to the right of the docks. You were close to the old primitive cabin. Not sure if you saw the cabin, but if you walk on down to it there is a concrete boat launch. If you stand on the end of the launch and look to your right you will see the "Bat House" and the canal that leads behind 300 loop. I had some good pics from there back in November.

Benjyt,
Sorry for your Dawgs...NOT! Just glad to see Bama hitting on all cylinders again. At least your running back surpassed Hershel Walker for most consecutive 100 yard games so not all was lost. Oh yeah, I added you onto the initial post with your site and visit dates.

I'll see both of you in a few days...

Serenitygr,

I`ve been back there many times. We usually stay in the 100 loop and it is a short walk to the canal to go fishng. Great place to watch th fireworks, but you don`t get the music lik you do on the beach.

j

Serenitygr,
You were down on the beach to the right of the docks. You were close to the old primitive cabin. Not sure if you saw the cabin, but if you walk on down to it there is a concrete boat launch. If you stand on the end of the launch and look to your right you will see the "Bat House" and the canal that leads behind 300 loop. I had some good pics from there back in November.

I'll see both of you in a few days...

Serenitygr,

I`ve been back there many times. We usually stay in the 100 loop and it is a short walk to the canal to go fishng. Great place to watch th fireworks, but you don`t get the music lik you do on the beach.

j

Yes- we saw the bat house- they actually pointed it out to use on the Segway tour. I didn't think to bring my camera on that, which is what prompted me to go exploring last night :) But I didn't see a cabin- that's pretty cool! What did they use the cabin for- do you know? Right now they had 4 picnic table set up, and a couple carts- almost like it was set up for little get togethers with food and stuff..... If we were quiet we could actually hear the music from Magic Kingdom- pretty cool!

Right now I'm having some coffee letting the family sleep in, and then we are going to Animal Kingdom. Our fellow MN familys kids don't really want to be at the parks all day, so we're just going for the fast pass rides this afternoon, and then I may venture to downtown Disney this evening if the balloon is up and running, depending on how my kiddos feel.
Here's a couple more pictures, just because I know everyone loves pictures!

Love the pics serenitygr. Living this month through you guys to get my fix. Snowmedic should be there soon I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter