The new test track

gatorsfan

Improvise Adapt Overcome...
Hey Ya'll I've been off the dis boards for awhile now but not away from disney! Does anyone else hate the new test track or am I alone on that? I was just at Disney earlier this month and before that last month and rode test track and I was terribly disappointed in the ride does anyone else feel the same way?

Hey Ya'll I've been off the dis boards for awhile now but not away from disney! Does anyone else hate the new test track or am I alone on that? I was just at Disney earlier this month and before that last month and rode test track and I was terribly disappointed in the ride does anyone else feel the same way?

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in it. It just seems kinda... lazy a little bit. They put a lot of screens up.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in it. It just seems kinda... lazy a little bit. They put a lot of screens up.

I agree it seems lazy. I think its really disappointing that if you go through the fast pass line your odds of actually designing a fake car are highly slim. The ride itself seems like a throw back to what seemed modern like 15 years ago it also seems like they slowed the ride down a little bit.

I really enjoyed the new Test Track! The car design was a lot of fun for my family (we didn't FastPass so I don't know how that affects the experience.) I would say that the boards showing the car's ranking throughout the ride didn't always work so that was a disappointment. The interactive area after the ride was a nice improvement too I thought.

I like it! I like the stuff you get to do at the end the most. They're actually thinking about changing the car-making experience for Fastpass and making it like the regular line (at least that's what my mom said) but what I didn't like it was that when it shows the test results, it's not your cars.

I liked it, but I think the old one was better. I don't like the fact that when you fastpass you can't design a car but instead, choose a model programmed into the computer. :sad2: I did like the designing though. Overall, I would say that it was good, but not as good as the old one.

I have rode the new test track twice and I don't like it nearly as much. I feel like a storyline is missing and you are just driving through a black and neon course. I think it was a smart move for the design your own car thing, but at the same time, it's really not *that* big of a part of the ride. Even though the neon makes it look more modern, i still feel like it falls short of the old one. So with all that being said, I like the old test track better. I still like them both, but the older one makes more sense to me and flows better.

I agree with PP that it's missing the storyline. I think that really added to the old version. Of course that didn't stop us from riding it three times! I still enjoyed it, just not as much as the previous Test Track.

When we were in the single-rider line, we had a limited number of car designs to choose from, but in the Fastpass line, we were able to fully design our cars. My son really enjoyed all of the stuff at the end.

I loved the old test track. We would ride it about 10 times the days we went to Epcot. I personally haven't ridden the new version, but I am disappointed that they changed it.:sad2:

I haven't ridden it yet but I'm really disappointed that they're changing it! :worried: It was definitely one of my fave rides before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter