• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to our first stay at the Swan! Previously stayed at the Dolphin. Thanks for the new thread!

I went to the Dolphin 4 years ago (wow longer ago then I thought) and now I'm going to the Swan this year! I'm so excited!! :cool1::banana:

Thanks for the new thread, Robin! Looks great! :goodvibes

I have not heard about this before and thought some of you might be interested. :) Introducing SPG Kids Pass!
An all-inclusive dining program for kids and one less thing to worry about for parents.

When kids are happy, parents are happy. That’s why we now offer the SPG® Kids Pass. For a flat daily rate of $25, children (ages 12 and younger) of Starwood Preferred Guest® members can enjoy all-inclusive access to a variety of dining options, including children’s menus, buffets (where available) and beverages at Cabana Bar & Beach Club, Todd English’s bluezoo, The Fountain, Picabu buffet, and Fresh Mediterranean Market.

To take advantage of SPG Kids Pass, sign up when you check in or anytime during your stay. For full details, visit www.spg.com/kidspass. Not an SPG member? Enroll now.

We're taking 17, 18 & 19 year old boys in June. How I wish I could buy this for them...it would save a small fortune!

I have not heard about this before and thought some of you might be interested. :) Introducing SPG Kids Pass!
An all-inclusive dining program for kids and one less thing to worry about for parents.

When kids are happy, parents are happy. That’s why we now offer the SPG® Kids Pass. For a flat daily rate of $25, children (ages 12 and younger) of Starwood Preferred Guest® members can enjoy all-inclusive access to a variety of dining options, including children’s menus, buffets (where available) and beverages at Cabana Bar & Beach Club, Todd English’s bluezoo, The Fountain, Picabu buffet, and Fresh Mediterranean Market.

To take advantage of SPG Kids Pass, sign up when you check in or anytime during your stay. For full details, visit www.spg.com/kidspass. Not an SPG member? Enroll now.

This is a program that Starwood launched last year. Just my opinion, but I don't think it's a good deal for the vast majority of guests with kids.

If participating, guests have to opt in for every day of their stay. Except for drinks, kids can only order with a paying adult. Most kids meals with drinks are below $12 all-in. For $25 per day, that means you'll likely have to average more than two meals per day to get any value. Pretty tough to do when most guests want to spend the bulk of their time at the parks. Lastly, room service is not applicable with Kids Pass, and other kid friendly restaurants, like Garden Grove, are not participating. So you're pretty limited. Certainly good to know about, but there are probably very few guests that could get any value out of this program.

Thank you for starting the new thread!:goodvibes

My question is about the resort service fee. The website showed $14 per day and my confirmation showed that as well. When I emailed Swan to get the total for my stay (my confirmation doesn't give the grand total) and how it breaks down, they told me the service fee is $15.75? :confused:
I emailed her back, but shouldn't they honor what I have on the confirmation?

Thank you for starting the new thread!:goodvibes

My question is about the resort service fee. The website showed $14 per day and my confirmation showed that as well. When I emailed Swan to get the total for my stay (my confirmation doesn't give the grand total) and how it breaks down, they told me the service fee is $15.75? :confused:
I emailed her back, but shouldn't they honor what I have on the confirmation?

The resort fee is $14 plus tax. The current tax rate is 12.5%, which brings you up to $15.75.

The resort fee is $14 plus tax. The current tax rate is 12.5%, which brings you up to $15.75.

Ahhhh ok so they even tax the resort fees LOL :rolleyes:

Thank you for clarifying that for me! I had them send me the link so that I can prepay for my stay.

Thank you for the shiny new thread! ;) We're back to the Dolphin after a several year hiatus of staying at WDW resorts and we're very excited about our upcoming May trip. Some things have changed--the info on the Pantry thing is going to come in handy. I'm going to have to look into that.

I also noticed that now hot drink refills require their on refillable mug. Is there still a coffee pot of some kind available in the room? I didn't see it on the list and DH is going to throttle me if he can't have early morning access to caffeine.

You can call reservations at the S/D before you go and get a grand total of your stay - obviously less any expenses which occur during your stay at the S/D.

I called to get our grand total (tax, fees, room rate) and sent them a check, with our name, address and reservation # on it, so we would have a nice round number in the hundreds ($1800) to pay when we arrive with traveler checks for our 10 night stay. Easier to write the traveler checks, then dealing with single dollars and cents.

I even called to verify they credited our account with the check and made sure they balance was $1800, and it was. :goodvibes

You could even charge with a credit card over the phone, to pay the difference, to get a nice even number for your balance.

I just noticed that the first post says to call a certain phone number to make reservations for Kimonos, however, I emailed the concierge and they told me it was walk up only and they don't take reservations. Anyone know which is the actual case? Thanks :) :)

Some things have changed--the info on the Pantry thing is going to come in handy. I'm going to have to look into that.

I saw this "menu" for the pantry service. http://www.swandolphin.com/pantry/pantry_menu.pdf
Does anyone know if this is the current one? Are the only items available a la carte the few that are listed?
CEREALS
$1.50 each
BEER
Corona 6-pack $10.00
Budweiser 6-pack $8.00
Miller Lite 6-pack $8.00
BEVERAGES
Powerade $2.50
Quart of Milk $3.00
Individual Sodas $1.00

I was really hoping for some sort of coffee creamer (not powdered.) Looks like we might be walking over to the gas station ;) Thanks!!

I was really hoping for some sort of coffee creamer (not powdered.) Looks like we might be walking over to the gas station ;) Thanks!!

My DH would grab a few extra creamers every time we ate at Picabu and save them for his morning coffee

My DH would grab a few extra creamers every time we ate at Picabu and save them for his morning coffee

I am glad this question came up because I was just going to type it! :rotfl:

Good idea indeed. Since I can't have groceries delivered and I don't have a rental car..I was going to ask if they had liquid creamer at the Publix.

I've never stayed at these hotels, but is it true that you don't get Disney's Magical Express from the airport? If that is the case, i wasn't sure if you'd want to put that on the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter