The new offseason

Caumann

Earning My Ears
I've been reading lots about how DL is getting busier & busier. We're headed to the park January 8-11, 2019. This is our second trip, our last trip was in January 2015. During our trip it rained a bit - and on average we waited 5-10 minutes for most rides. 20-30 minutes at the very most for the really big rides ( like radiator racers). We rode the california Screamin a few times in a row with no wait! Does offseason like that still exist? Or should we just expect that the parks as a whole are just busier now?

I generally agree that you'll be there at one of the few remaining less-busy times. There might be some residual crowds, mostly in DCA, on Tuesday because that's the last day for the Holiday season over in that park (meaning the last day for Festival of the Holidays, Viva Navidad, etc.); the holiday season in DL ends on the 6th, Sunday. The new nighttime show won't debut until later in the month. So at this point, there isn't really anything "unusual" or new happening in the parks that we've heard about, so the crowds should be pretty manageable. In terms of "off season", I don't really think there is a "season" anymore. Instead there are "off days" or maybe even a "off week" when lower crowds are likely, but nothing continuous enough to be called a "season" anymore.

I think crowds in general are higher. We live in Nor-Cal and for the first time ever we don’t go back to school until January 14th! I have a friend in a different school district and they also are off until the 14th. So, most schools will be back in session but not all of them.

We went Nov 6-11 and I was completely shocked at how not ‘busy’ it was on the weekdays (Saturday was crazy). I didn’t think that existed anymore. We rode Jungle Cruise twice in one day, once just walking on, which was crazy to me, and my husband refuses to get in any line over 20 minutes. I wonder if a lot of people are saving for GE. So yes, it’s still possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter