The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched the thread first looking for posts regarding transportation to and from the airport. SOG gives you Sunscape on their website. They don't price as well for only two people (I guess two is a problem no matter what). :confused3

Mom and I are going down for the Princess Marathon. I thought SOG would be great for getting to the race and expo (via Poly)! :goodvibes I wonder though if y'all have advice about getting to and from the airport since we usually drive down and this is a short trip!

We are using sun ray transportation.... used the TGM discount and it was only $100 round trip for town car service...

WithDisneySpirit,
Are you running the Princess? a friend of mine and I are considering the 2011race - too late to make plans for this year! Please let us know how it goes!! (good luck!!)

Yes, I will be running the Princess :lovestruc I did the last Minnie Marathon in 2008 and then the inaugural Princess in 2009. It is a great race and I am sure you would love it!!! :cloud9:

They are... what we like (we have used sun ray before) is they pick you right up at the bottom of the stairs... help with luggage... have a quick grocery stop for water, wine, soda.. and then we are at the hotel... from the time we meet them until the time we are at the hotel is less than 90 minutes... and thats with the grocery stop...

we have used a couple of other town car services... and honestly they have all been fine..

My issue is that there are only two of us and $100 seems a bit steep. Mears quoted $66 for both of us RT but I have heard they are slow??

Do you want the bus or to have a driver? For me that is $34 well spent. Think of what you could save on groceries by not purchasing as much snack food at Disney. Granted, Shades has a nice shopette, with a much better selection of liquor but like any "status of forces" agreement with a host nation, there are some things AAFES can not do. For example, there are no 2 liter bottles of soda.

It is also very nice to have the friendly gentleman in the suit waiting at the luggage carousel with a card with your name on it.

I have used quick silver in the past and was very pleased with their service. One of the Disney concierge desk made the booking with them when I requested a town car.

I searched the thread first looking for posts regarding transportation to and from the airport. SOG gives you Sunscape on their website. They don't price as well for only two people (I guess two is a problem no matter what). :confused3

Mom and I are going down for the Princess Marathon. I thought SOG would be great for getting to the race and expo (via Poly)! :goodvibes I wonder though if y'all have advice about getting to and from the airport since we usually drive down and this is a short trip!

We use Happy Limo any time we don't have a car--have used them both from MCO and from Sanford. I will be using them again for our next trip. Always on time, clean cars, gracious drivers. In fact, I got the business card of the last driver we had when my daughter and I went over Thanksgiving--he was great. Only you can decide if the extra expense is worth it--for us, it was MORE than worth it to have a driver waiting at baggage claim to help you with luggage and take you straight to a car at the curb.

I am hoping someone can answer an internet question for me.... I saw the last time I visited that they had put some computers over by the ice cream place for folks to use... but for some reason I wasn't able to get into my email there... I use road runner.... has anyone else had this problem? Do you know if they have expanded the webistes you can access?

Or you can do a day of volunteer service and get your free ticket.... or you can purchase the water parks and more option for $25 and spend a day at Disney Quest or a water park...

Or you can get your freebie/reduced price US/IOA and spend some time there, or your free Busch Gardens or Sea World and go there. They are gonna lose some money on us because of this. We normally never leave the peopletrap built by the mouse :rotfl2: but this year we will be spending half our vacation days off-world (and eating off-world, buying souvenirs off-world)

I am hoping someone can answer an internet question for me.... I saw the last time I visited that they had put some computers over by the ice cream place for folks to use... but for some reason I wasn't able to get into my email there... I use road runner.... has anyone else had this problem? Do you know if they have expanded the webistes you can access?

we were there in september. the sites 'allowed' was VERY limited. is your RR account linked to Outlook? I wanna say Outlook was an option.

I use Yahoo, and was usually able to check without issue and was able to link to other sites from within the email, but could not go directly to the site

Hey it was free, wasn't gonna complain too loudly.. all I wanted to do was check my Board that I Admin on for meltdowns. oh and print my boarding passes for the flight home...( which the MWR office did for me with no issue)

we were there in september. the sites 'allowed' was VERY limited. is your RR account linked to Outlook? I wanna say Outlook was an option.

I use Yahoo, and was usually able to check without issue and was able to link to other sites from within the email, but could not go directly to the site

Hey it was free, wasn't gonna complain too loudly.. all I wanted to do was check my Board that I Admin on for meltdowns. oh and print my boarding passes for the flight home...( which the MWR office did for me with no issue)

No we are not linked to Outlook... I am wondering if I had my husband set up a yahoo account and have all of our email forwarded to it... that might work...

Gotta tell you I just love SOG.. so I was wandering around their website this morning and saw all the "packages".. I don't knwo why I never looked at them before... but anyway... I knew that we didn't want one that included dinner... but thinking well maybe the Sunrise or Celebration one would have been nice... so I called reservations and the customer service was WONDERFUL.... she explained the two different packages and we figured that the celebration package was best for us... so our third night will be discounted... since my DH was born in 1962 the rate for our 3rd night was $62 instead of $123.... the savings will cover the cost of the internet in the room which she told me was $6.95 for 24 hours....

Gotta tell you I just love SOG.. so I was wandering around their website this morning and saw all the "packages".. I don't knwo why I never looked at them before... but anyway... I knew that we didn't want one that included dinner... but thinking well maybe the Sunrise or Celebration one would have been nice... so I called reservations and the customer service was WONDERFUL.... she explained the two different packages and we figured that the celebration package was best for us... so our third night will be discounted... since my DH was born in 1962 the rate for our 3rd night was $62 instead of $123.... the savings will cover the cost of the internet in the room which she told me was $6.95 for 24 hours....

Celebration sounds like a nice deal as a simple way to save money on that third night.

Their website doesn't really explain the Sunrise package. Am I correct in my earlier post that it includes the breakfast buffet each day?

Celebration sounds like a nice deal as a simple way to save money on that third night.

Their website doesn't really explain the Sunrise package. Am I correct in my earlier post that it includes the breakfast buffet each day?

Yes you are correct... I don't really see where it was a huge savings though because it added about $30 a day to our room... roughly $10 pp... and I think the buffet is $11 a person...

Yes you are correct... I don't really see where it was a huge savings though because it added about $30 a day to our room... roughly $10 pp... and I think the buffet is $11 a person...

And the more important question is, do you really want a breakfast buffet EVERY DAY!

I just don't see how that is a good deal. Even if you did want a breakfast buffet ever day, I think you would want to mix things up with Chef Mickey or the Norway Princess breakfasts.

Here is my opinion of the Sunrise Package. It has been about a year since I checked on the details, so I apologize if the info has changed.

The last time I priced the Sunrise package, there was no real savings. You get breakfast and a drink every morning and then there is the issue of the gift certificate in the East Meets West shop (I think it was that one).

When you compare the regular cost of the breakfast and drink each day, then add the regular cost of that gift certificate, it was the same price as the package. As someone else said, you might find you don't want or need that buffet every morning. We ate it 3 mornings in a row and it became boring. Besides, it was a lot of food and unless you are good at stopping and/or not trying to eat your moneys worth, you may become too full to feel like hiking through the parks. For us, we found one of the breakfast sandwiches in the Cafe by the bus stop was ample. It saved a few bucks as well.

My big issue was the gift certificate that comes with the package. What if you don't find anything you want? You would be forced to buy something regardless because it was YOUR money to begin with. You can't use it in the AAFES. I have always felt the gift certificate in this package was a way to boost overall sales in that shop. I rarely see anyone purchase anything there. Mostly just browsers.

In my opinion, the package is a good deal if you want it for convenience (having it paid for ahead of time). If it includes the tip at the buffets, then it could be of more value. Last I checked, tip was not included.

I am set for the seasonal package next week which includes breakfast and dinner buffets. For 3 of us it cost an additional $50 per day. The confirmation letter states that gratuities are included.

The food may not be the best, but considering how much more money we would have to shell out for food this trip, we are going to deal with it. We can easily spend $150 per day on food from Disney and on a 9 day trip, that's a big savings! :hippie:

Gratuities are included with the sunrise package (or at least they were in July 2009 when we used the package last year).

I have to say the breakfast gets boring pretty quickly and the gift certificate would have been nice if you could use it at Aafes (which currently you cannot). I will say this though, my father (military) doesn't mind the breakfast being the same everyday and certainly thought it was fine and worth the price/convenience. I think he's much easier to please than the others in our party, because of his military background.

I would much rather grab a bagel or a pastry for breakfast, but for some people the breakfast buffet will be just fine or better. I don't mind the buffet, but it's not my favorite and I'd rather save my money and bring my own breakfast foods if possible.

Yes from the Parks they will deliver - just be sure and don't do it the day before you leave in case it does not get there until the PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter