The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here's my question. Can our sponsor, ie FIL, who will be on vacation with us, buy tickets for us? The first quote says guest, not dependent, right? If he bought us tickets, he would then need to be there to activate them? Exactly where do you do that? Sorry, lots of military questions. But thanks for all your help.

No problem,
"at the main entrance theme park ticket windows"
... see WDW website and search "military". :)

OK, here's my question. Can our sponsor, ie FIL, who will be on vacation with us, buy tickets for us? The first quote says guest, not dependent, right? If he bought us tickets, he would then need to be there to activate them? Exactly where do you do that? Sorry, lots of military questions. But thanks for all your help.

Yes you FIL can buy tickets for you.. but he has to be there and activate them.... we are buying tickets for friends who will be traveling with us... since we only need two (I have an annual pass)...

Has anyone shipped a package to SOG? Who did you use? Did SOG charge any fees?

We have shipped to SOG before. There was never a charge. It was with bell services and they delivered it to our room for us. I put on the box our name and our arrival date. I usually try and time it so the box arrives 2 days before we do.

Anyone visiting SHADES OF GREEN anytime Soon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just came back and forgot to get the prices on items sold at the Express Café so I can update the
1st page of this thread. If someone can take a picture of the menu board for me during their trip, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

We are not visiting soon enough....Not the answer I am sure you are looking for.lol

Anyone have any pics of the poolside view?

The WDW military salute for 2010 is a 4-day pass for $99 for the member or retired member and up to 5 guests. You can add water parks and more for $26. They are available for purchase 3 Jan to 31 Jul and usable through 30 Sep.

Wasn't last year five days? Last spring we did a 10 day trip and so the Salute deal at WDW wasn't that helpful to us. My friend who is the service member took his girlfriend to DisneyLand later in the year and took advantage of their offer.

With this being just a four day pass this year, is there any chance they would let folks add on additional days? We are planning a five day trip, and I would hate to pay the one day ticket price for that fifth day. (Then again, we may research the "day of service" passes and spend some time with Habitat for Humanity.

Anyone visiting SHADES OF GREEN anytime Soon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just came back and forgot to get the prices on items sold at the Express Café so I can update the
1st page of this thread. If someone can take a picture of the menu board for me during their trip, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

We are going in February... can do it for you then...

Wasn't last year five days? Last spring we did a 10 day trip and so the Salute deal at WDW wasn't that helpful to us. My friend who is the service member took his girlfriend to DisneyLand later in the year and took advantage of their offer.

With this being just a four day pass this year, is there any chance they would let folks add on additional days? We are planning a five day trip, and I would hate to pay the one day ticket price for that fifth day. (Then again, we may research the "day of service" passes and spend some time with Habitat for Humanity.

Last years were 5 days and from what I have read this years tickets cannot be upgraded but you could add the water parks on and go there for a day.

With this being just a four day pass this year, is there any chance they would let folks add on additional days?

You cannot add days to the 4 day ticket.

With this being just a four day pass this year, is there any chance they would let folks add on additional days?

You cannot add days to the 4 day ticket.

TPTB knew exactly what they were doing when they changed the offer. People who think they are going to do a 5 day vacation will now have a ticket budget that is doubled. Those 1 day 1 park passes are $82.

Or you can do a day of volunteer service and get your free ticket.... or you can purchase the water parks and more option for $25 and spend a day at Disney Quest or a water park...

TPTB knew exactly what they were doing when they changed the offer. People who think they are going to do a 5 day vacation will now have a ticket budget that is doubled. Those 1 day 1 park passes are $82.

I think folks are more likely to just skip the parks on their arrival or departure day. Considering that on the multiple day ticket extra days become more and more affordable, this seems like an odd change. It is also a very noticeable change as just last year's program was five days and the service member's ticket was free. Going from $0 to $99 while also cutting back from 5 to 4 days is really not friendly.

Like I said before, we were at WDW for ten days, and the normal Stars and Stripes multi-day ticket was a better deal for us. The service member may have been able to save a few bucks if he had done the Salute free ticket and then purchased the 5 day Stars and Stripes, but it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Since he isn't going with us on this upcoming trip, we decided to rent DVC points to stay at the Animal Kingdom Villas, but I will tell you that we will miss Shades of Green and that close proximity to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Shades is an awesome place, even if the restaurants are so bad.

Anyone know anything about the Sunrise package? Price?

If is like some of their previous package deals, I would assume that it includes a daily breakfast buffet. My recommendation would be to skip that and just grab something quick from the Express Cafe. If you feel like having a breakfast buffet once then you will enjoy it all the more. Aside from that, my plan is to always hit the parks early. Get the troops up and it is time to march.

I searched the thread first looking for posts regarding transportation to and from the airport. SOG gives you Sunscape on their website. They don't price as well for only two people (I guess two is a problem no matter what). :confused3

Mom and I are going down for the Princess Marathon. I thought SOG would be great for getting to the race and expo (via Poly)! :goodvibes I wonder though if y'all have advice about getting to and from the airport since we usually drive down and this is a short trip!

I searched the thread first looking for posts regarding transportation to and from the airport. SOG gives you Sunscape on their website. They don't price as well for only two people (I guess two is a problem no matter what). :confused3

Mom and I are going down for the Princess Marathon. I thought SOG would be great for getting to the race and expo (via Poly)! :goodvibes I wonder though if y'all have advice about getting to and from the airport since we usually drive down and this is a short trip!

WithDisneySpirit,
Are you running the Princess? a friend of mine and I are considering the 2011race - too late to make plans for this year! Please let us know how it goes!! (good luck!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter