• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
princessesrule4 said:
This is our only complaint about GF! We drive down, so when we were there 2 weeks ago, we drove our car to AK, MGM and DTD and we will definitely do so again when we go in June! BTW, We stayed RPC and our room keys were gold!

We also drove our car to AK, MGM and DTD. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Even though the parking lot seemed so far away (we didn't valet, we self parked for most of the week), it wasn't as bad as waiting for and on the bus. And that way we could come and go as we pleased, I highly recommend doing it if you rented a car or have your own. We only used Disney Transportation to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, (and to the other monorail resorts)

whats the fastest way to the gf from MCO
i dont care paying the tolls

i got an email from the IPO today that was a mess

Alicnwondrln said:
whats the fastest way to the gf from MCO
i dont care paying the tolls

i got an email from the IPO today that was a mess
I want to say it's route 417. The south access road from the airport to 417. That's the way we always go, very quick and very direct.

Hey RPC vets...

Tell me about the food offerings in the lounge. I saw pics awhile back, but I can't find them now.

Got Quattro? said:
After spending the entire day at EPCOT 12-31-1999, I whish we hadn't been there for the millenium.

Shoulder to shoulder for 16 hours got old real quick. The only good thing that happened that day was we got into EPCOT free.

The boards for MK, EPCOT, and MGM all said full or at capacity as early as 7:00am. Traffic was bumper to bumper everywhere in WDW. We were staying at Old Key West.

So we got in the car and drove to the swan, that was back in the day before the swan and dolphin had parking gaurds.

The line for the world gateway entrance was wrapped around the lake to the bridge between the swan and dolphin. It took 1 hour to get up to the turnstyles.

At that time, a suit came by and had a CM open up the gate to the right of the turnstyles to clear the lines a l;ittle before the park was closed for being full.

We went to that line, and we were still using the old paper hoppers with your picture on it. The CM didn't have the correct tool to mark the ticket off. She looked to the suit, and he said let em in. We thanked him, and wallked or shuffled around aimlessly for 16 hours.

Wow, that makes me glad we spent that day the way we did. We were staying at the Polynesian but planned a no park day despite our APs. Probably had breakfast at Kona although I don't remember. My daughter and I dropped my husband and our sons off for golf and went to the Marketplace to shop and have lunch. That back way was fine for driving. I'm sure we all spent the afternoon at the beach and pool. It was warm that day and evening too. We went to Hoop dee Doo but the walkway from the Polynesian to the TTC was fenced off! After the Hoop we returned to the Polynesian and watched the worldwide celebrations for a bit on TV and then walked out to the Tahiiti beach with blankets we purchased in the Mexican pavillion. We cracked open a bottle of Dom Perignon and toasted 2000 as the fireworks began. A special memory for my family. :sunny:

Just got our final documents in the mail!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

However the voucher says "Grand Floridian-STD-CLUB-BJ"

Is that RPC? We booked RPC and I want to make sure that is what that means :confused3

Thanks

theostwalts said:
Just got our final documents in the mail!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

However the voucher says "Grand Floridian-STD-CLUB-BJ"

Is that RPC? We booked RPC and I want to make sure that is what that means :confused3

Thanks

OK, I think I may have just answered my own question on the GF FAQ page. Royal Palm Club....Club... duh-huh :blush: :rotfl:

Just really excited to by staying at the GF RPC... as of midnight only 29 more days to go :woohoo:

Help please! I tried searching but I can't locate what I need. I'm looking for pictures of the GF room layouts. I know there is a site and I used to have it but now I can't find it. Can someone give me the link?

Just wanted to post, so I can find this thread when I have a few extra minutes to read it.

Tammi,
Do you recall who had posted all the yummy pics of the food offerings in the RPC lounge? I thought it was here, but I have gone back and can't find. :confused3

traci said:
Tammi,
Do you recall who had posted all the yummy pics of the food offerings in the RPC lounge? I thought it was here, but I have gone back and can't find. :confused3

Hi, Traci. The food offerings are good, but the ONLY thing MISSING is Krispie Kremes!!! :guilty: WHY oh WHY don't they have Krispie Kremes like the other concierge lounges do??? :sad2: My kids love them (so do I) and here in Northern IL (out in the sticks) we cannot get them except thru a certain grocery store we don't make it to often. They are a big treat & when we used to stay at CR they had different varieties of KKs. :love: I guess that's my only beef with the offerings. Well, also that the CR has (had - don't know if they still do) yogurt cups and instant oatmeal.

The GF bfast consists of danish, coffee cake type things, fruits, yogurt to dip it, dry cereals, milk & juices, coffee tea etc, ham & turkey & cheeses (strange, but true)

There are late morning snacks like chips pretzels nuts breadsticks & dips about 1100am

Tea at 2 ish. That is yummy! Little cookies & scones & treats, soda, teas, juices etc.

Good appetizers at 5 pm.

Yummy desserts & cordials 8 pm.

Have a FABULOUS time!! Enjoy!!! :wizard:

Channing :)

Thanks Channing :sunny:

You shouldn't have me about the KK's! I would have never known. Come Sunday morning I will be getting my danish and coffee and thinking, I sure wish I had a Krispy Kreme!!

traci said:
Tammi,
Traci, I'm sure it was Janet2K who posted the pictures. Here's the link to her on-line photo album.

Tammi, thank you so much! I'm going to check out here pics now :)

Traci:

Wow only one more day to vacation. Have a Grand time. :cool1: :sunny: :Pinkbounc

Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter