THE NEW DISNEY CLUB BENIFITS,NEW Room Discounts AND....

I just joined the Disney Club and I'm a Disney Store Cast Member! By the way, there is no discount on the club for Cast Members. Each person needs to weigh the benefits of the club against the price. For myself, there are some benefits that I only found out about by reading these boards. I like to keep up with as much current info as I can, not only for myself, but for the hundreds of guests who value our opinions on everything Disney. I would no more try to encourage someone to join the Disney Club than I would to try and tell them how they should spend their Disney vacation. Although when I go to Disney, I spend as little time as possible sleeping or sitting around a pool, I know that to some people, that would not be much of a vacation. I try to just give everyone as much info as I have and let them decide what is best for them. My full time job is with a partner Disney Club company and we used to give the Magic Kingdom card out free. There were many co-workers I would wait on in the store and when I'd ask them if they had their MK card, they just didn't want to be bothered with it for the 10%. There are others who were glad to pay the $60 for 2 years as a gold card member. If you already buy the Disney Magazine as I do, that is another consideration. I also want to join the Emerald Club for free. I know they had a free signup last year on their web site, but I couldn't seem to get it to work during the designated time. I value any info you post Tink and please keep it up. Thanks also for your input Boo. I appreciate all the tips on other discounts that you've shared. Just wanted to let you know although I'm usually a lurker (I'm very shy), I wanted both of you to realize that you're helping many people that you don't even know about. Keep it coming.

If you're planning on renting a car, not just in Orlando, but anyplace, the DC card is definitely worth getting. I have saved hundreds of dollars in the last couple of years using National. I just rented a mid-sized car for 3 days in Sarasota for a base rate of 60.00, using the discounts. No other rental car company came close. I also enjoy getting the DC newsletters and magazines. I find it amusing that some people posting on this board bash the DC card for not providing a good deal like some other 'sources' do, yet they fail to mention what those other 'sources' are. ( I believe one guy did mention AAA. Wow, what a revelation!) Keep up the good work, tink2dw. Many of us enjoy the tips you provide.

Gayle, thanks for posting the renewal rates for AP's with and without the DC discounts. It looks like with two adult and one child AP's, the cost of DC would be a break even point on the passes with the DC discount vs. renewal without the DC discount. I'll have to evaluate the other discounts and how much we would use them to decide if membership is worth the cost. BTW, we already subscribe to Disney Magazine. Isn't that included in the membership? If so, that would be the first area to save us money and would be worth joining and any additional savings would be gravy.

Minnie'sMate,
For me, and I do stress this, the DC card is worth every penny I paid for it. The renewal is only 30.00, that evens out with the first two annual passes I purchase ( I do not know where anyone can get a discount on AP's without the DC), I get a nice discount on National car, I get great discounts when I shop on vacation. etc.
After the purchase of the annuals and tickets for other members of the household, I more than break even, I am actually ahead, and I do not shop at the Disney Store(aka Pooh store) often.
With the annual passes purchased with the DC, I managed a wonderful rate at AKL for two nights, saved better than 50% off rack rate.
Yes, the mag. is included in the DC membership.
For me, this works well.

Wanda,
I appreciate your words.
But, tell me please, where does one go to get a discount on annual passes?
You are totally correct about the Entertainment part, that is a nice item for someone who uses it, however.
When I vacation I more than make up for the 40.00 or 30.00 (renewal rate) for the DC card.
I buy more than 400.00 in merchandise at DD and I go twice a year minimum.

Gail, (sorry about the spelling earlier, I miss the spell check feature) I asked for someone to convince me its worth it and so far you are doing a pretty good job. I'll look into it more with my employer, especially as it nears time to renew my AP's.

Thanks, Tom

That you are given an 800# to call both CRO and dining. Now, I don't know about you guys, but I have changed my resort ressies and dining ressies so many times, my phone bill alone would surely exceed the price I paid for my DC card, lol. Plus, they leave you on hold for so long, it's surely worth it then! I, too, don't use it for purchases, but agree that DC is the deepest car discount for National..we got a rate of $l78 for April vacation, I think it is up to about $280 by now for the same week. To each his own, I guess. That is why they made chocolate and vanilla.

Originally posted by josierac
Is the Entertainment Card part of the Disney Card only usable at hotels?

There are some local dining discounts, there is a search feature on the Disney Club site. It's about 20%, not the buy one/get one free like the regular Entertainment Card.

I keep my Disney Club card for the 20% off National Car Rental and the annual pass discounts.

I saved the cost of my DC membership in one car retnal thru National. Got me a great rate and saved more than the cost of the card. I think the DC is a good thing for anyone who does not have access to other discounts, such as DVC discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter