The new castle (+ other park pics)!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
It rained for the first few hours this morning. We all thought that would keep guests away. Usually it does. Not today, however.

More details tomorrow. Super sleepy. I did meet up with @cmpeter and her family. Very nice people and we did several rides together.

I was the first in the park. As you can see from pics below, the castle scrim has been removed and the refurb looks absolutely fantastic! It was worth the wait! Althoguh the scrim is down, the castle itself is still closed. I understand that it will open once again on 5-27.
thumbnail_IMG_0066.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0067.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0071.jpg

Just around the middle of the pic, there's a rainbow. That's the first time I've ever seen one at DL. I realize it's hard to see but it is there :-).
thumbnail_IMG_0075.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0087.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0090.jpg

Back of the castle after the refurb.
thumbnail_IMG_0091.jpg

Castle front, post-refurb :-).
thumbnail_IMG_0092.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0093.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0096.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, I was waiting for your post! Great photos... I especially like the photo down Main Street. The castle really looks great from distance! (And I like it also from close up...)
And a very nice rainbow for sure... and like everyone knows: no rain, no rainbows...

I wasn't sure how I felt about those colors, but the castle really pops in comparison to the old colors from down Main Street. I think its growing on me and look forward to seeing it in person this summer!

WOW! The new castle pics are great! I know there's already a bunch of negative chatter on the web, but I think it looks amazing. Finally, a castle that stands out like the one in Florida. This is exactly what it needed. ....And throw in that jacaranda tree for the most amazing pic of the day.

I missed seeing the full castle by a couple days. Last week, they took down half the plastic wrap so I was able to see the top half but the bottom was still under wraps.

As for the rain, no thanks. :flower1:

I really love the new castle paint job, it really does make the castle pop. Even on a rainy day the castle stands out with the more vibrant paint job.

Too bad the rain didn't keep the crowds away. The rainy days at Disneyland are the best.:umbrella:

I've heard photos aren't really doing the colors justice and its amazing in person. Can't wait to see it myself!

And way to go on your scores, pretty incredible!

Re. the second pic I posted: you'll see one CM in blue and then a runner in a plastic poncho. Sometimes when I'm trying to get that "first in the park" pic, one or two guests will insist on ruining it (I'm sure they don't mean to but if they hadn't run...). I'm no graphics editor, but in the pic below, I used MS Paint to (hackily) edit out the unwanted intrusions ;-).

thumbnail_IMG_0067.jpg

Last edited:
Lastly, I have several sets of maps, if anyone would like one. Simply message me your preferred mailing address and I’ll drop them in the mail.

??? Which pic?

It's your third pic. It has the beautiful jacaranda tree in full bloom to the right of the castle. I know as a SoCal resident, you probably didn't notice. Because every May, you guys get the jacaranda explosion...so to you guys, it's just another tree. But we can't grow them in NorCal because it gets too cold to keep them alive in the winter. I go to SoCal every May for a music event and I love seeing them in bloom everywhere. I guess I've never been to DL in May because I've never seen them there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter