The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, back from a trip this month at the YC. Rooms still look great though and it was a wonderful stay.

Member services just told me that parts of the pool will be closed from Jan. till April 15th!!!! I am soo bummed since we will be there in early April~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You would certainly have access to the hot tubs at the quiet pools. Each of the quiet pools (BC, YC & BCV) has a hot tub and they are open very very late if not 24 hrs.

I didn't realize there were hot tubs at the BC quiet pool! I knew there were hot tubs tucked away in the rocks of SAB, and have enjoyed them in the past. Hard to believe it's been 11 yrs since our last BC stay. I'm looking forward to relaxing in the hot tubs in the morning before the family gets awake.

Hey princessamy,

No 2010 doesn't sound like too far off. It will be here before we know it. Congrats on your graduation in advance. Lots of hard work ahead of you.

Although I'm not booking a stay at the BCV for May 2009, I am graduationg nursing school then. We have ressies for The Contemporary Resort. We can hardly wait. We are contemplating the CL for our stay too but with the deluxe dining I am not sure we will. I wish though. Just a bunch of gals getting together to celebrate our graduation from nursing school.

I am also planning an Oct 2010 BCV stay for 6 nights during Food and Wine Fest. That will be a blast.

No kiddos to worry about on either of those trips. we just went in Aug 2008 to POR with our 3 kiddos and our friends and their 2 kiddos. That was scream:scared1: . I don;t plan to do that again very soon. So crowded and very unnerving for me.

Hey princessamy,

No 2010 doesn't sound like too far off. It will be here before we know it. Congrats on your graduation in advance. Lots of hard work ahead of you.

Although I'm not booking a stay at the BCV for May 2009, I am graduationg nursing school then. We have ressies for The Contemporary Resort. We can hardly wait. We are contemplating the CL for our stay too but with the deluxe dining I am not sure we will. I wish though. Just a bunch of gals getting together to celebrate our graduation from nursing school.

I am also planning an Oct 2010 BCV stay for 6 nights during Food and Wine Fest. That will be a blast.

No kiddos to worry about on either of those trips. we just went in Aug 2008 to POR with our 3 kiddos and our friends and their 2 kiddos. That was scream:scared1: . I don;t plan to do that again very soon. So crowded and very unnerving for me.

That is so wonderful! Not too much longer...your in the home stretch now. Meanwhile, I am just starting :rotfl: Any tips you want to give a nursing student novice....:rolleyes1

We will be staying at the BC at the beginning of Feb. I know the slide at SAB will be closed at that time ( :tinker: although I am hoping for an early opening!) My question is how do we get to the pool at BW....other than walking?

We will be staying at the BC at the beginning of Feb. I know the slide at SAB will be closed at that time ( :tinker: although I am hoping for an early opening!) My question is how do we get to the pool at BW....other than walking?

You can either walk across the bridge that goes over the lagoon or take the boat over.

Does anyone know which "parts of Storm Along Bay" will actually be closed? My kids will be so bummed if they can't play on the beach....

Princessamy,

The only advice I can offer you is keep you goal in mind. baby steps. One lil step at a time so as not to get overwhelmed. Find you a good study group and stick with it. Talking things over from lectures really do help on the tests. Don't read too much into the questions and never change your answers unless you are POSITIVE that you had it wrong in the first place.

That is all I can think of right now. I must also remember all of this for my final semester. Never loose sight of your goal.

Good Luck you should do great!:hug:

We also took an Aug trip to Disney (between semesters) it really was relaxing for me. I also told my kiddos that was the trip to reward them for helping Mommy and Daddy to get me thru school and for their reward for my graduation. Now I can take a Mommy (and friends--my study group) only trip. I won't have to worry about it being crowded and loosing my kids. I won't have to hurry to certain rides etc. Ahhhhhhh! I can taste the drinks already. World showcase here we come. We are gonna shop until we drop! Hehehe

Does anyone know which "parts of Storm Along Bay" will actually be closed? My kids will be so bummed if they can't play on the beach....

The beach is completely separate from the pool, so I can't imagine why it would be closed.

Hi there! We just received notice of a comp. upgrade from CSR concierge to BC concierge. (I had a choice between YC and BC.) Hopefully, I made the right choice...are there advantages to YC's concierge? Maybe I should call and switch?:confused3

Anyway, does anyone have recent pix of a BC concierge room and the lounge?

Thanks!:goodvibes

when are you going? It's being closed in phases. The slide first for January, then the lazy river middle area next and the sandy area part (is that what you mean by beach??) last in March.

Oh how I wish I was going. With all this snow I need to see the sun. We will be going in Feb. so I quess I will have to dream till then.

when are you going? It's being closed in phases. The slide first for January, then the lazy river middle area next and the sandy area part (is that what you mean by beach??) last in March.

Yes, the sandy area is what I meant. We're going in January, so I guess we'll have to do without the slide. Thanks!

Yes, the sandy area is what I meant. We're going in January, so I guess we'll have to do without the slide. Thanks!

We'll be there as well(YC) the end of January. However, I read on here and another site that guests of BC & YC will have access to the slide at BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter