The Middle

I cried through the whole thing. It’s our favorite family TV show. My youngest leaves for college this August, so I know how Frankie feels.

It’s embarrassing how many things we can relate to from that show! Going over data happens to us regularly, just for one example.

I think the funniest moment on that show was when Frankie ate Axel’s toenails.

Watched it. Was a favorite of ours. With kids their kids ages, it always mirrored our lives. Including tonight's episode.

We are currently taking oldest ds off our cell phone plan as he got married last year , moved out of state (his service with our carrier isn't always great) and now has a company phone. And I cried through the 'phone' part.

And ds gave us his used car for a sibling when he got a new one.

Will miss the show for sure.

Enjoyed the wrap up!

Spoiler...
They didn't say, but Brick was wearing a ring on his wedding ring finger in his last scene. Anyone notice?

Last edited:
Loved how everything was wrapped up and cried through the whole thing. Axel reminds me so much of my only son, who is now married and living a 14 hour drive away. :sad:

Watched it. Was a favorite of ours. With kids their kids ages, it always mirrored our lives. Including tonight's episode.

We are currently taking oldest ds off our cell phone plan as he got married last year , moved out of state (his service with our carrier isn't always great) and now has a company phone. And I cried through the 'phone' part.

And ds gave us his used car for a sibling when he got a new one.

Will miss the show for sure.

Enjoyed the wrap up!

Spoiler...
They didn't say, but Brick was wearing a ring on his wedding ring finger in his last scene. Anyone notice?

YES, I noticed the wedding ring. I was surprised that the writers showed the peak into the future for the Hecks. I loved that. I also cried through the whole episode. Frankie’s tirade about having to be cool so Axl would want to remain close with her was so true. She said something about it all being up to him now.

I will rewatch the episode another day and I will deeply miss the show!

Last edited:

Just finished watching and cried too. It's always been a favorite for our family and we have related to the characters in so many ways. We are boy-girl-boy and each kid kind of fits with the 3 Heck kids. Our oldest just graduated on Sunday so it is bittersweet in that way too. It was a great finale I thought. I will really miss this show a lot.

I swear the writers live in our house. My son moved from Indiana to Florida a few months ago and we had a Rosemary Clooney moment too. Ours was a little more involved, but who in this day and age has a move that has a Rosemary Clooney moment. I thought of Frankie the whole time this weekend while I was wearing my fascinator and drinking tea from my tea cup while watching the royal wedding.

We are big fans of the show, the final episodes leading up to this one were a bit of a disappointment and I could see how the writers felt like the show had run its course. Tonight's episode was just meh for me at the beginning but finally began to pay off in the second half. I love the Flash Forward with all the Heck's and if you remember in an earlier season, we say a flash forward of Brick, married to Cindy and I think that came to fruitition. I loved seeing Axl married and with young Axl's! LOL

I LOOOVE this show, but it's definitely run its course. I love to go back and watch the first two seasons. They are my favorite. <3

I love this show too! DS and I are behind a couple of episodes in the DVR (we're trying to stretch it out) so I haven't seen the finale yet. We both agree that since the kids have grown up, the show should go out before it goes down, but we'll really miss it here!

Loved this show. I am sad to see it end, but I do feel it has run it's course. Will miss Frankie, she makes me feel like a good mom!

I love this show, I hate that it is ending. Haven’t seen the final yet, I think we get it an”day behind” here in NZ.
Please tell me that Sue and Sean finally sort things out

I love this show, I hate that it is ending. Haven’t seen the final yet, I think we get it an”day behind” here in NZ.
Please tell me that Sue and Sean finally sort things out

Not going to give any spoilers but they do wrap things up nicely and at the end as PPs said they show all the kids in the future so we know how they ended up. I think this was one of the best series finales in a long time. I like having closure.

I did not watch this show consistently at all but enjoyed it when I did watch. I can only hope that hulu will soon bring all the seasons so I can watch from the beginning. The finale was very good and I liked how it was wrapped up.

I liked it. I'm glad them wrapped everything up. It was a cute show so giving everyone a happy little ending seemed fitting.
Ending it now was the right thing. I'm glad them didn't try to continue it any longer.

Loved this show so much! I feel like our family grew up along with the Hecks. Both our kids are in college now, and we always could relate to the storylines. Thought they did a terrific job with the finale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter