The Mickey(s) in Toon Town

SmallWorldSoCal

Earning My Ears
Hello!

When meeting Mickey in Toon Town...I assume each room has a different Mickey because I've gotten a couple different Mickeys my last few visits. Are all of them there each day and how many variations are there? I've seen Steamboat Willie and Circus Mickey but hoping to get a different one next time.

Any insight or tips would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes, 4 outfits. Steamboat Willie is by far the rarest one and is not seen very often.

From personal experience Sorcerer's Apprentice and Bandleader would be the "standard" ones that are out most often.

So one of the ones we saw is the “band leader”? Definitely thought he was like a circus ringmaster or something :laughing:.

I can’t figure out how to post a picture in here from my phone otherwise I’d share to confirm outfit!! Haha

Do we know if you can somehow choose or ask which Mickey is there if you wanted to see a certain one?

It’s on my Disney bucket list to meet Steamboat Willie. Do I just have to keep asking the cast member outside which Mickey is greeting today?

This is what I’m wondering! Obviously I don’t want to say it loud enough for kiddos to hear (I remember how sad I was as a kid when I found out there were multiple Mickeys!!) but I would like to be able to decide which one we get to meet, if that is possible?

Yes, the circus Mickey is the bandleader. ;)

You can try asking. Sometimes a CM will tell you and allow you to step aside to wait for your movie of choice, but most won't tell you. If you want to try I would suggest a wording like "Is Steamboat Willie filming today? I would love to meet him." Or maybe "which movies are filming today?" if you really can't decide on a favorite.

My own Steamboat Willie find was pure luck. I was told if he's out it's normally Saturday or Sunday when it is really busy because then they open up extra rooms. The amount of times I braved the lines then... :headache: Anyway, one Friday night before Fantasmic I ventured in the camera shop to figure out a Photopass problem. It wasn't even particularly busy that day. The family in front of me were looking at their photos, and low and behold... Steamboat Willie picture. I asked them when it had been taken and they told me they just came back from Toontown, pictures were taken about half an hour ago. I abandoned my issue, basically ran to Toontown and caught him.

Wow I have met steamboat willie Mickey so many times, didn’t realize he was rare. I have only seen Sorcerer Mickey & regular Mickey there a couple times. Never once seen Bandstand Mickey despite going tons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter