the matching t shirt things

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco392

Mouseketeer
hi everyone

I don't want to be rude- but I need to know what the go is with matching t shirts

as a teenager I would have not gone near my family if they had tried that and now as a 39yo I still can't think of anything more embarrassing

it may be an aussie thing- bit if people went out in matching outfits at home they would be subject to ridicule

if all members of ext family could afford the
big trip and i suggested matching shirts i would be shouted down.

i am a Disney tragic so it has nothing to do with
not being excited. i ride every ride, character photos and all the kids stuff- just don't get the shirts

thanks- looking foward to hearing replies

You're at Disney....What passes for embarrassing outside the "world" is seen as part of the experience in the "world"....

We wore matching tie dyed mickey head shirts on our last trip. Let me tell you, DS(16) at the time, was less than thrilled. He hated it and whined around all day. Normally we wouldn't do that but we wanted to get a picture with the three of us in front of the castle before our early ADR at CP. I told him he could bring a shirt to change into after breakfast but he didn't want to, he would rather complain :rotfl2:.

We are doing it again for the MNSSHP. At least DH and I are doing it. We are making Mickey tie dyed shirts in Halloween colors. And no I wouldn't wear matching shirts anywhere else. I've changed shirts before we went out because DH ad I had on matching colors.

Their cute, their fun, and it makes it SUPER easy to find your family in a crowded place. Plus it makes it easier to pack. I considered them a must do when the kids were small.

hi everyone

I don't want to be rude- but I need to know what the go is with matching t shirts

as a teenager I would have not gone near my family if they had tried that and now as a 39yo I still can't think of anything more embarrassing

it may be an aussie thing- bit if people went out in matching outfits at home they would be subject to ridicule

not being excited. i ride every ride, character photos and all the kids stuff- just don't get the shirts

Hey there.. It's not just an Aussie thing. You don't see too much of that in Europe either but if they're enjoying it, go for it. It's quite amusing when you see a mass of lime green coming towards you in all shapes and sizes. Variety is the spice of life, as a wise person once said :goodvibes

A lot of families do the matching shirts to find each other easily in case they are separated and others do it just for photos. And some others, they do it because they think it's fun. To each there own. :-)

Lol! My DD was just asking me this question today? She totally doesn't get it.

I was in line for POTC 2 weeks ago and a family of lime green T's were in front of me. When we got to loading the boat, the CM asked if I was with them! lol! Had a blue dress on.

I wanted to do matching tie die shirts but knew my extended family would never go for it. Instead we all ordered the same color blue polo shirts from Lands End website. We took family photos both in front of the Castle and the Epcot ball. They looked great! No one seemed to mind the polo shirt.

I dress my 3 girls in matching tees (at least a few each trip) and ONE time I made myself one to match ~ but I can't imagine doing it when they were older. And my DH would never, lol!! But, I think it's cute ~ as long as everyone in the group likes it.

hi everyone

That's not usually my cup of tea either. But the trip that we did do it.....our pics look fantastic. I would love to make shirts again!

I like them. My kids like them. That's why I do it.

When we went last summer, my girls dressed alike almost everyday. DS would sometimes join in for a theme (for example, we all wore a different Perry shirt to DHS). I always asked DS if he wanted to do it before I purchased his shirt. In the Perry situation, he did not want to, but when the rest of our shirts came in he changed his mind, so I ordered him one. If he didn't want to I wouldn't make him (except possibly for a picture like the previous poster).

It is a guide book tip for groups/families so anyone separated can located them in the crowd quickly. Some also wear loud socks as that is eye level for small kids looking for their group. Extra benefits are uniform color for pix, large blocks of a color draw characters' attention, and no waiting on fashionistas putting an outfit together.

You're at Disney....What passes for embarrassing outside the "world" is seen as part of the experience in the "world"....

:thumbsup2I don't think anyone could have said it better! The whole point is step outside of your comfort zone and get the most out of the experience each and every time.

:thumbsup2I don't think anyone could have said it better! The whole point is step outside of your comfort zone and get the most out of the experience each and every time.

I can find better ways to step out of my comfort zone. (for instance last trip I did EE and loved it!) Matchy matchy is not one of them.:crazy2: I'll sit on the couch with the OP.

hi everyone

It's a "get the spirit, go with the flow" kind of thing. Sorry you don't see it.

To each his own but I agree that it is kind of fun and cute! Now with that being said you'd never catch me in matching shirts anywhere but Disney. Think about all the silly stuff you see people doing at WDW that you'd never see at your local mall back home! DH and I always laugh at the silly hats and think how funny it is that you can pull them off at WDW no problem. No one gives you a second look, but just try to walk in to a restaurant in your home town and see how many odd stares you'd get. I think the matching shirts are part of that silly fun. :upsidedow

We did "color" days. Orange day, red day, purple day etc. Also did Purdue and Colts days, which the boys really liked. No extra cost for clothes either.

We did matching colored shirts. We were a group of 7. It was the easiest way for us to keep track of everyone in peak season at Disney. It was easy for us to pick each other out of the crowd. We didn't matchy match; everyone had something different on their shirts, but the base color of the shirt was the same. Don't really care if people thought it was weird or what. It worked for us.

I do see that in my Mall on Black Friday! Those shoppers are brutal & wear the same shirts. Stay away from them!!! :)

I think it is cute when families do this at Disney. I enjoy reading the shirts.

I agree with same shirt family photos. We have done this before. All black shirts look great in our family picks!

We have never done same shirts at Disney. I would like to one time :) I think it would be cute! But alas, I am too lazy to achieve this. It's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter