The Marvels

PolymerSkywalker

DIS Veteran
What are your thoughts on this movie set to release pretty soon?

Marvel / Disney sure need a win this year.............can this film win at the box office?

Do you think this will do well at the box office?

I know a lot of people don't care for captain marvel / Brie Larson so that may hurt it some. I also see that Ms Marvel has been the least watched MCU show on Disney+ to date, so that's a tad concerning. However, Monica Rambo is pretty universally loved I believe, so maybe she can carry the movie. I think this Monica Rambo character has huge potential in the MCU if it is done correctly.

I'm really excited about this movie too. Ms. Marvel was a great tv show, super funny. I hope this movie does well, Captain Marvel certainly did well, so fingers crossed!

I'm still sad that this won't be released until November. But, if they need more time they need more time.

I'm really excited about this movie too. Ms. Marvel was a great tv show, super funny. I hope this movie does well, Captain Marvel certainly did well, so fingers crossed!

I'm still sad that this won't be released until November. But, if they need more time they need more time.

I really liked Ms. Marvel up until the very messy final episode. It was weird how it wrapped up sort of anticlimactically in the episode before hand, but then they tacked on the last part. That said, I have no issues with the character, and expect the movie to be great.

I really liked Ms. Marvel up until the very messy final episode. It was weird how it wrapped up sort of anticlimactically in the episode before hand, but then they tacked on the last part. That said, I have no issues with the character, and expect the movie to be great.
Yea I felt the same. I even enjoyed the finale as a whole but it felt tacked on as you said. The DODC stuff was set up in the background in the first couple episodes then pretty much completely ignored until the end where it was front and center. Felt like we were building to more with Najma and the Clandestines but then they just get quickly wiped out by the portal. Felt like such an abrupt end to that story thread that was the focus of the season. Even just having mroe time when Kamala got back tot eh present and having more of a fight while the portal loomed in the background until it's threat got to big and Kamran would finally get through to his mother to stop the fight and work together to closet he portal. Could have essentially been the same just an additional fight scene to feel more complete.

As for the movie I am anticipating it but keep expectations in check. None of the recent movies have blown me away and the trailers haven't really wowed me yet but looks like it could be fun.

I do not think it will do well. Am I seeing it? Absolutely. Will I be sober??? Jury is out! It looks like mindless fun, and Marvel needs that right now.

I just read that Disney will be airing the entire Ms Marvel series on ABC in August (3 eps each on the 5th and 12th). Since they are Sat nights, this doesn't look to be fill ins for shows delayed due to the strikes ... most likely Disney is building some interest for 'The Marvels' while promoting D+

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more of putting Disney + on ABC to fill in the gap. New tv season would have started in September.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more of putting Disney + on ABC to fill in the gap. New tv season would have started in September.

There are a lot of rumors of Paramount+, D+/Hulu, and Peacock pushing some of the older streaming stuff onto their broadcast networks this fall

The new trailer to the Marvels looks better than the first one to my eye at least. I think the Ms Marvel character actress seems like she is really likable and is having a ball making this movie. Still not sure how well this thing will do in the box office, as Marvel has had some real stinkers lately.......so the casual Marvel fans may be checking out a little.

I really liked Captain Marvel, rest of the family didn't really care about it. I am also the only 1 of the 4 of us that watched Ms Marvel, and I loved it. in my top 3 for the Marvel series so far. I"ll see the movie one day, and I do hope it's good. Can't say I'm super excited about it. Will likely wait for streaming. Doubtful it'll do that well at the box office, but I hope I'm wrong. I like the characters.

The previous Captain Marvel made a bunch of money, but was expertly placed directly between two of the biggest MCU movies of all time. It was also sold as being essential viewing for End Game, which drove a bunch of viewers its way. It will be interesting to see how this one works out with none of that built in hype working for it. The MCU certainly needs a hit right now with all the mediocre entries lately.

Will the marvels get delayed in due to the strikes (actors not available for promotions), or will it still debut in November as planned?

I wasn't that interested in it, but I now kind of want to see it.

I'm not the biggest fan of Brie Larson in this role. She doesn't embody the arrogant and kind of jerkish nature of Captain Marvel from the comics or X-Men to me.

I feel like they really retconned her in the first film, but you can't have it all either.

I'm ready for a Captain Marvel vs. Rogue battle though. It's time to bring back the X-Men.

Last edited:
I wasn't that interested in it, but I now kind of want to see it.

I'm not the biggest fan of Brie Larson in this role. She doesn't embody the arrogant and kind of jerkish nature of Captain Marvel from the comics or X-Men to me.

I feel like they really retconned her in the first film, but you can't have it all either.

I'm ready for a Captain Marvel vs. Rogue battle though. It's time to bring back the X-Men.

Honestly though, it's a good thing that she isn't really how they write her in the comics. Marvel comics have gotten so bad - the MCU seems to be able to tap into the better parts and slough off the rough stuff.

Any thoughts on how this movie will do in the box office as it gets closer to launch? Projections are not great, but I don’t really know what good is anymore in the new movie going environment.

I feel like budgets are going to need to slashed everywhere to get movie financials back to where investors want to see them.

Any thoughts on how this movie will do in the box office as it gets closer to launch? Projections are not great, but I don’t really know what good is anymore in the new movie going environment.

I feel like budgets are going to need to slashed everywhere to get movie financials back to where investors want to see them.

I think it's going to do "fine" in the current environment, which is to say about as popular as other recent smaller scale Marvel movies. Probably about $85M opening weekend. I know that's not traditionally considered great for a Marvel Studios film, but it is what it is. It looks pretty good though and I'll be there to see it.

Your number is likely really close. The issue is the $220M production budget followed by a $150+ Million in marketing cost. So if they spend this $320 Million on this movie the break even point at the box office is $640 Million. That’s not near as easy to do in the box office as it was years ago even with significantly inflated movie ticket cost.

I just think Marvel has to find a way to get these production budgets down to the $150M range. Everything can’t do Spider-Man no way home kinda box office money. This is the new reality I am afraid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter