The Magic Rescheduled--A Nov. 2010 PTR

shua321

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! This is my very first PTR! I am so excited about our trip, I am obsessed with planning and the Disboards. My DH says I am addicted. I say, And your point is.....?:laughing:

This trip was originally supposed to be in June. My DS turns 6 on 6/16 and we thought it would be so cool to celebrate his birthday at MK! We even got the free QSD pin for our trip!!! I was sooooo excited! :banana: Unfortunately, DH is in commission based sales and the last 2 months have been super slow for him at work and we have had to postpone our vacation until Nov. Goodbye free dining :sad2:

On the bright side, we are super excited to see all the holiday decorations in Nov and are hoping to do MVMCP too!

Now for the details:
Who:
Me, 35
DH, 39
DD, 13 (turning 14 in Oct)
DS, 5 (turning 6 in June)
DPuppy, 6 months (not invited!)

When:
Nov.19 - Nov.25, 2010 (Yes we are flying home on Thanksgiving because
DH, being in sales, cannot take Black Friday off work)

Where:
POP Century (I have requested building 3 or 4 facing the lake) hoping to see some fireworks at night!

What:
A Magical Celebration of Family![/QUOTE]

My first trip to DW was a Family Road Trip in the summer of 1981, I was 6 years old. My DM, DSF, DSis-4, and DSB-5 drove down from Northwest IN in a blue Chevy Nova pulling a pop-up camper behind us! Yikes. My DM was 8 months pregnant at the time too, I don't know how she did it! At that time of course DW was only the MK and we had an awesome time! My favorite memories of this trip are the Haunted Mansion (my siblings and I were sooo scared to go on this!:eek: After being pretty much forced the first time, we immediately got back in line and this time we each rode alone in our own private Doom Buggy!:cool1:), The Main Street Electrical Parade (Alice riding on top of a giant snail, waved and pointed right to me!:cloud9:), and of course meeting Mickey and Minnie (I still have my autograph book)!!

My next trip to the World was in the summer of 1984, I was 9 yrs. old. This time it was Me, my DF, and my DSis-7! Another road trip! No camper this time, we stayed offsite in a condo. And this time we got to do EPCOT Center (as it was known back in the day)! My sister and I fell in LOVE with Figment :love:! We loved the Journey to Imagination Ride and the interactive exhibit too! I remember the cool floor where you could step on different colors to make different color bubbles appear on a screen above you, so cool! I also remember how cool it was to make dinner reservations upon arrival via (I think) live reps on tv screens. We had dinner in Germany, my sis and I ordered frankfurters thinking we would be getting hotdogs. No, they were totally gross! lol My dad made us go to Morocco too and watch the belly dancer. My sister got lost in WS. She was jumping in puddles and jumped a little too far away. One other now gone favorite: Kitchen Kabaret!

Summer 1988, 13 yrs old. Finally we get to fly!!! stayed offsite in a rental home.

Summer 1994, 19 yrs old. Flying again! This time with best friend and her family. Best trip ever! :thumbsup2 As we got our own room at Dixie Landings and had a fabulous time running wild through Pleasure Island! New favorite ride: Splash Mountain!

Jan. 1996, Honeymoon!!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc We stayed at Dixie Landings, didn't see as much of the parks as we'd planned, mostly saw the inside of the room! ;)

Fast forward to June, 2003: Our first trip family trip! Me, DH and DD-then 6! Stayed at ASMU, we had such a great time! Did the Princess breakfast at CRT and even saw Peter Pan and Cap. Hook through the windows running around the outside of the castle for a show!

Aug. 2006: Technically a trip to Seaworld with Me, DH, DD-then 9 and new DS-then 2! We did do one day at MK. Couldn't fathom being in Orlando and NOT visiting DW! :scared1: DS was so cute and loved meeting Mickey and Minnie for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter