• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Hawaii Kai! I lived there when I was little until my parents divorced. My dad still lives there! I live in Makiki, near Punchbowl. I bet your wedding was gorgeous. We took our engagement photos at Ihilani (or was it Ko Olina? haha I forget). Hawaii is the best -- can't beat the beauty, the weather, and the people. Most locals are just so nice.

We do like getting off the rock, though! Fortunately, we can go on many trips, which is why having the ability to book Econ Plus at booking (which was taken away with the merger) is preferred. But definitely not worth $650 when we have never not been able to move to Econ Plus at check-in and regularly get put up in First. Coming back from Christmas/New Year's at WDW, we got three upgrades. Guess who was left sitting ALONE in Econ Plus??? Haha.

I think the $ value component is just set up to weed out more Elite members. They just want to give less. Lame, but that's the way it goes.

The wedding was just awesome. Who knew 100 of our friends would give up a chance to spend Thanksgiving with their relatives and go to Hawaii instead. Go figure. :beach:

Since I now have ten posts, I can place a photograph of us - so I guess I'll use one from our wedding in 2010.

How many formal nights do we do on a TA?? I'm buying dresses for the girls now if I need more than 1 each I need to plan! Lol :)

How much are tux rentals on board? I saw someone say they'd rather do that than bring their own.

HI

Won't bother with the link to formal wear as I see someone else has already done it.

But just wanted to say that we usually have an extended holiday around cruising and sometimes it's not feasible to pack a tux and we have rented a tux for onboard and it worked out fine.

My husband ordered the size he wanted and it was waiting in the cabin for us when we got on - the trousers were slightly too long as they seem to have a 'universal length' to be altered for you. We then rang the number provided and a tailor came to the cabin and pinned the trousers to length. He took them away to be altered and they were brought back later.

Everything was clean and pressed and fitted OK for the few nights it was going to be worn.

We wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending the rental from the experience we had.

Have a good day everybody!
:yay:

Ha I forgot I posted that about the military! Lol I'd do the planning but I'm currently by myself with 3 toddlers and a 4th due in April. Somehow I get the feeling that the planning would get thrown to the wayside or not be done in proper fashion if I was heading it up.

That being said though, I'd be up for at least planning a get together at the bar or something one night. Just out of curiosity who all I here who's any kind if military affiliate (foreign, past or current) would be interested in doing a meet??? It would be nice to meet some like-minded folk to kick back and share stories with. Or just meet up for so e drinks and good ol fashion conversation. :)

Richard is Retired Royal Air Force after serving 25 years and we have 1st time cruiser friends joining us on this cruise and he is retired RAF too and they would both be interested in meeting up to share stories etc especially in a bar!!!! :drinking1

Maybe the wives/girlfriends can sit in another group nearby and share their stories too.... We have some good ones I am sure. :chat:

Look forward to hearing more about it later.

:yay:

Just to let you know that because we are no longer able to fly to Barcelona until the day of the cruise :sad::sad: :scared1::scared1: I will no longer be able to attend the pre-cruise meet up at the Hard Rock Cafe on the evening before the cruise.

I am happy to announce that Michael ( mdwoodman ) has very kindly offered to take over the organising of this event from myself. If anyone needs to register for the event or make a changes once the new thread is active, can you please send a pm to Michael.

Thank you so much Michael :hug:

The wedding was just awesome. Who knew 100 of our friends would give up a chance to spend Thanksgiving with their relatives and go to Hawaii instead. Go figure. :beach:

Since I now have ten posts, I can place a photograph of us - so I guess I'll use one from our wedding in 2010.

Beautiful photo:thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

Gorgeous! An amazing photo!

Of course everyone would want to come to Hawaii! Who would miss out on being in a place that looks like that! :thumbsup2

Your DW is from Hawaii? Cool! I'll eat some spam musubi and shave ice for her this weekend haha.

Just to let you know that because we are no longer able to fly to Barcelona until the day of the cruise :sad::sad: :scared1::scared1: I will no longer be able to attend the pre-cruise meet up at the Hard Rock Cafe on the evening before the cruise.

I am happy to announce that Michael ( mdwoodman ) has very kindly offered to take over the organising of this event from myself. If anyone needs to register for the event or make a changes once the new thread is active, can you please send a pm to Michael.

Thank you so much Michael :hug:

Oh dear... never mind unless you still on the cruise anyway. We will arrive about 4.30 pm and maybe we go to Hard Rock for meals then go to pre-cruise meet for wee while.

I will see you at the cruise...:thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

We changed our cabin that go to gty now. Not 1048 and 1049...

We changed the room to have the balcony which was available... :yay::yay::yay: plus inside room too on same floor, whether 5 or 6 deck...

Scottishwee35

Hi everyone...
Just updating the candy exchange information to make sure I have not missed anyone so far. Here are the DIS names as of today:

Pinkie166
Dizneyholic
Jessica's mom
scottishwee35
MedicGoofy
CDNDisneyMom
KThomas618
ValBob89
nanylori

If I have missed anyone, please send along a PM, and I will add you to our list. For anyone else who might want to join our group, go back to the first page, read all about our candy exchange, and let me know if you will join us. Thanks. Caroline

We changed our cabin that go to gty now. Not 1048 and 1049...

We changed the room to have the balcony which was available... :yay::yay::yay: plus inside room too on same floor, whether 5 or 6 deck...

Scottishwee35

:) congrats on the move I looked at doing that as well but I couldn't decide if I was prepared to not have a connecting cabin and I've managed to get the same connecting cabins for both our cruises so decided to stay put in the inside cabins we had a:eek: a little nervous we have only every had verandas.

Just to let you know that because we are no longer able to fly to Barcelona until the day of the cruise :sad::sad: :scared1::scared1: I will no longer be able to attend the pre-cruise meet up at the Hard Rock Cafe on the evening before the cruise. I am happy to announce that Michael ( mdwoodman ) has very kindly offered to take over the organising of this event from myself. If anyone needs to register for the event or make a changes once the new thread is active, can you please send a pm to Michael. Thank you so much Michael :hug:

Your being brave, we shall all be in the Prom lounge with our fingers crossed.

Will movies that have come out recently still be playing onboard in September?

I don't want to go and see them now if they will be showing on the Magic in September. I haven't seen Saving Mr. Banks or Frozen yet and was hoping they will still be playing either on the big screen or in the room.

Anyone know?

Does DCL do any extra things on such a long cruise like have an animator or guest speaker talk?

I have posted this on the Facebook group, please post your replies over there. If you do not have Facebook then please PM me on here.....

Hey everyone,

Myself & a few others are looking into lanyard costs. I am not making a full list at the moment but I need to get an idea of how many we would be looking to buy so we can get some quotes.

So only if you are 100% doing this cruise can you comment on this post (on FB) how many lanyards you would be looking to buy.

We will be doing them on a buy your own basis, not a lanyard team buy. As was decided previously we will be getting the thin lanyards, in lime green with black writing. Obviously the cost may depend on whether or not you buy them but lets go on the basis that they are a approx $3-4's each.

The lanyard will just have the name of the cruise and the dates written on it, the insert will have the Mickey shaped logo (as above) and your name printed on it.

Your being brave, we shall all be in the Prom lounge with our fingers crossed.

I know .... no choice really, but safe to say I will be packing underwear in my carry-on and crossing absolutely everything. With 9 cases for our group aswell the odds are stacked against us :crazy2::crazy2:

Gorgeous! An amazing photo!

Of course everyone would want to come to Hawaii! Who would miss out on being in a place that looks like that! :thumbsup2

Your DW is from Hawaii? Cool! I'll eat some spam musubi and shave ice for her this weekend haha.

Nope. DW is a Valley Girl, born and raised in Los Angeles. Her parents sold their house in Rancho Palos Verdes three years ago and retired to Hawaii Kai.

You are more than welcome to bring some salmon poke and shave ice for us! We were in Hawaii Kai for a week of fun in October. Did Koko Head for the first time. Thought I was gonna have five separate heart attacks. But, I got to the top and didn't have to crawl up or down. :rotfl:

Will movies that have come out recently still be playing onboard in September?

I don't want to go and see them now if they will be showing on the Magic in September. I haven't seen Saving Mr. Banks or Frozen yet and was hoping they will still be playing either on the big screen or in the room.

Anyone know?

Does DCL do any extra things on such a long cruise like have an animator or guest speaker talk?
The only long cruise we've been on was the EBPC cruise on 12/12. We had a retired, I believe, canal pilot who for every day leading up to the crossing gave about an hour lecture on the what for and why not's of the canal. Very interesting.

They also had a chocolate night where Triton's was reopened at about 11PM for all of the chocolate and other desert items that you never saw on the menu come out. I had a slice of the Tres Leches cake that was a 2x2 slab of sin. :thumbsup2

Did everyone hear that DCL is upping the charges for the nursery? It's now going to be $9 per hour and for the second child $8. Use to be $6 and $5 for the second.

Well, it looks like the WBTA is out for us this year.. :sad1:

Our bathroom has decided that it was remodeled this year and it won't take no for an answer. I tried and the toilet just spit back water in my face (I then quickly replaced that tank/bowl gasket to shut it up for the moment). :roll eyes:

Enjoy the cruise Y'all... And please remove us from any lists we may be on.

Well, it looks like the WBTA is out for us this year.. :sad1:

Our bathroom has decided that it was remodeled this year and it won't take no for an answer. I tried and the toilet just spit back water in my face (I then quickly replaced that tank/bowl gasket to shut it up for the moment). :roll eyes:

Enjoy the cruise Y'all... And please remove us from any lists we may be on.

Dang toilets!! Sorry we won't get a chance to meet. Good luck with your remodel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter