The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. We booked with Disney and they will put us on a sept 5 flight that gets in to barcelona the at 6 a.m. On the 6th. Hope nothing goes wrong. If anyone knows of any issues please let me know so we can get them to make the flight a day or so early. Please!!!! Do t want anything to go wrong.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We also booked through DCL and arrive on 6th. Due to work restrictions none in our party can take extra time off before the cruise (and I'm so jealous of those that can...8-10 more years until retirement and it won't be an issue!!). On a positive note, we did the same thing in 2010 and it worked out perfectly fine. The only negative was that we did end up having a delay with our flight to Barcelona from NY; we didn't arrive in Barcelona until 11:00 a.m. -- perfectly fine timing for getting on the ship, but we had hoped to push the limits that day and do a city tour. We were initially disappointed that we didn't get to "see Barcelona" but then we snapped out of it since we WERE beginning a great 2 week trip!

For us, right now, DCL is FAR cheaper than if we booked flights on our own (from Cleveland, OH). I'll keep checking since we have until May to cancel the flight through DCL.

We booked on Air Lingus a couple of weeks ago...coming from Chicago to Barcelona on Sept 2 for only $671 a person, with a stop in Dublin, IR. Was so excited to find a price that cheap from when we did the 2010 WBTA we spent much more. We are staying in the Marriot Renissance this time again as well. We had two full days in Barcelona last time and wished we had many more, so this time we made sure to get in a couple more days. Barcelona is so beautiful and so many things to see and do!

We are still deciding on pre cruise. Hope to do some mission work in Prague first. Need about 10k more credit card points to trade in for free flights. If not Prague then 10 days in the UK. Will be booking southwest to return home after those come out for sale.

Hello everyone,

All the various flight options are great especially to those who don't get to travel across the Atlantic as often. I just wanted to say, whilst it's only an option I have used points BA or VIrgin for many of my transatlantic one way flights, and yes I will be travelling with my wife this time. Lol

Anyway it's worth a search if you have some spare points, we have just booked all our EBTA and most of the WBTA flights on "free" points.

Mandy, you know where we are if you need somewhere to visit, I am a good Scottish free tour guide.

Stevie we are so very tempted!!! Curt even mentioned Prague a week then the UK a week. I've got to start firming things up sigh.

We will leave for Barcelona on the 4th. : it's just a small flight for us: we come from Brussels, Belgium. Just FYI: We booked the flight back home from San Juan to Brussels: € 475,-/person.
We haven't booked a hotel yet in Barcelona, there are so many, we still have time...

Hello everyone,

All the various flight options are great especially to those who don't get to travel across the Atlantic as often. I just wanted to say, whilst it's only an option I have used points BA or VIrgin for many of my transatlantic one way flights, and yes I will be travelling with my wife this time. Lol

Anyway it's worth a search if you have some spare points, we have just booked all our EBTA and most of the WBTA flights on "free" points.

Mandy, you know where we are if you need somewhere to visit, I am a good Scottish free tour guide.

Could you please tell me how many virgin points You used and how much your taxes were to do this flight? We probably have enough points to book this way:confused3

Could you please tell me how many virgin points You used and how much your taxes were to do this flight? We probably have enough points to book this way:confused3

Best way is to log in and check yourself as all the routes vary. I spent an hour last night looking at all options for both our July & Sept trips.
Orlando to Manchester 21,250 + $227.50 (£140)
Orlando to London 21,250 + $131.50 (£80)
Miami to London 21,250 + $131.50 (£80)
Miami to Manchester via London 21,250 + $96.60 (£60)

Best way is to log in and check yourself as all the routes vary. I spent an hour last night looking at all options for both our July & Sept trips.
Orlando to Manchester 21,250 + $227.50 (£140)
Orlando to London 21,250 + $131.50 (£80)
Miami to London 21,250 + $131.50 (£80)
Miami to Manchester via London 21,250 + $96.60 (£60)

Thanks unfortunatly I can't do that I have to call coming from Australia I can still use my virgin points but have to call and get them to manually check to do it and half the time there not sure, thanks again for your help :)

We are leaving Toronto Aug 28th (arriving in Paris Aug 29th). Plan to stay in Paris 7-8 days, then down to Barcelona for 1-2days before catching the ship! :-)

Looking forward to the cruise. We thought it was a better to use our DVC points for the cruise than to pay to fly back to the states and much more fun.

Jim and Judy Room 5010

Yeah to what Stevie says. And sometimes if you don't have enough you can "buy" the extra points that still make it cheaper and/or get you into the next class of service for those really long flights!

And ... YAY .... I got my cabin booked finally. Better late than never :)

We'll be spending a few days in Romania before heading to Barcelona. Do any European shipmates know what European airports are the cheapest to fly to Bucharest? Flights from Orlando to Bucharest are pretty scarce (and tend to be very expensive), so I'm thinking about flying to one of the more popular (and cheaper) airports in Europe and then to Bucharest.

We'll be spending a few days in Romania before heading to Barcelona. Do any European shipmates know what European airports are the cheapest to fly to Bucharest? Flights from Orlando to Bucharest are pretty scarce (and tend to be very expensive), so I'm thinking about flying to one of the more popular (and cheaper) airports in Europe and then to Bucharest.

Hi,

You can fly from Amsterdam, Brussel, Paris or Barcelona for arond 110 euro to Bucharest. But then you must pay for the suitcases, or leave then in one of the places.

Connie

We booked on Air Lingus a couple of weeks ago...coming from Chicago to Barcelona on Sept 2 for only $671 a person, with a stop in Dublin, IR. Was so excited to find a price that cheap from when we did the 2010 WBTA we spent much more. We are staying in the Marriot Renissance this time again as well. We had two full days in Barcelona last time and wished we had many more, so this time we made sure to get in a couple more days. Barcelona is so beautiful and so many things to see and do!

We are on the same flight! We also found a great price on American from San Juan.

Well it's almost official that we will be on this cruise. I talked to DCL and they have oxygen on board so I feel safer if I end up with an asthma attack.

My mom is coming with me and we will leave on Sept. 3rd and arrive in Barcelona on the 4th. I wish I could spend a bit longer to tour but I can't leave my cat for that long. She misses me too much when I'm gone for 2 weeks. I have 10 months to get her a little over weight so she won't be skin and bones when I return.

I'm just waiting for my TA to call so I can book the flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter