The MAGIC is Back!!! - 6th Sept 2014 WBTA - Come & join the fun! - PART 2

Please add two more to this cruise: Karen and Kevin--two adults--mom and son. We did the WBTA in 2011, Hawaii in 2012, and Panama Canal in 2013. Many of the names on the list sound familiar, and we look forward to seeing friends from past cruises.

We aren't big on planned events, but it sure will be fun to be on this magical cruise.

Karen

Please add two more to this cruise: Karen and Kevin--two adults--mom and son. We did the WBTA in 2011, Hawaii in 2012, and Panama Canal in 2013. Many of the names on the list sound familiar, and we look forward to seeing friends from past cruises.

We aren't big on planned events, but it sure will be fun to be on this magical cruise.

Karen

Welcome aboard!!:banana:

I am so excited because I actually have my FE's completed!! The downside to this is that I keep seeing things and thinking "that would be a good FE gift"!!! :lmao: I just have to restrain myself for 9 weeks!!!! :rotfl2:

That is GREAT!! I think we get so conditioned to key an eye out for an idea or item(s) that it's hard to break the habit! Are you going to tell me your scrapbooking exchange item is finished too?! :rotfl: I plan to work on some of my scrapbooking things this weekend!!

Karen

Welcome, welcome!! I would say you indeed are a part of the big planned event......sailing with all of us! No doubt that with all of your past special cruises you will be seeing familiar faces! Very exciting!

That is GREAT!! I think we get so conditioned to key an eye out for an idea or item(s) that it's hard to break the habit! Are you going to tell me your scrapbooking exchange item is finished too?! :rotfl: I plan to work on some of my scrapbooking things this weekend!!

Working on mine this weekend too - and you're right - I keep getting new ideas for more. I think i'll just keep making, as time allows, until we fly.

Karen

Welcome. We will have fun.

Karen

Welcome! I'm sure it will be amazing!

Gismo, my fiance will be going to the water park with my best friend and her husband. I hope they won't be too disapointed.
I was affraid to go there because I was lucky enough to go to Atlantis on my first Disney cruise and it was so incredible.
The Tenerifwater park seems less attractive to me and I'm quite sure I would have been disapointed.

Buckeye Gal, your pictures are so great...
I'm so lost because the whole group will do the Rhino Rider (and it's the only one tour we booked all together, but I'm so afraid that I won't have any other occasion to do such an amazing thing!
And unfortunately, we're leaving San Juan on the arrival day (but in the evening). I would have loved to stay more, but my fiance couldn't, because of his job

...Buckeye Gal, your pictures are so great...
I'm so lost because the whole group will do the Rhino Rider (and it's the only one tour we booked all together, but I'm so afraid that I won't have any other occasion to do such an amazing thing!
And unfortunately, we're leaving San Juan on the arrival day (but in the evening). I would have loved to stay more, but my fiance couldn't, because of his job

I certainly can understand your dilemma. Since the Rhino Rider is the only excursion all of you are planning to go on together, I can see why they would all want you to join them, too. The good news is that SeaTrek is in many locations, so that should improve your chances to do it another time. Never say never, right?! :upsidedow

Working on mine this weekend too - and you're right - I keep getting new ideas for more. I think i'll just keep making, as time allows, until we fly.

You sound like me! I'll just keep going and going if time permits! :rotfl: Enjoy your scrappin' time this weekend!!

Okay - thanks to all of you who got back to me. An amazing number of you were on DCL cruises and that is why you didn't respond at first. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for organizing this Danae! We're so excited to see you guys soon :)

Karen

Karen YAY! I'm so excited you guys will be joining us. Hope all is well. Tell Kevin hi :goodvibes

WBTA 2014 Poker Run / Cabin Crawl Sign-up

This sign up is specifically for the Poker Run portion of the Cabin Crawl. If you plan to participate in the Poker Run, you MUST sign-up prior to August 20, 2014.

The Poker Run will require some preparation on my part, thus the cut off of August 20.

Rules for Participation
• Each player must be 21 years or older
• An entry fee, paid to the sponsor (Lucas Turano -SucalT) of approximately one (1) US Dollar will be required for each player number issued.
- It is requested that you pay your entry fee in the currency of your home country, US Currency is not required, nor preferred.
-If your home country currency is MUCH stronger than the US Dollar (ie GBP), I will have change for you if necessary!
• Each participant/team will be issued a player number.
• Each family member may share a number or have a number of your own.
• A random playing card will be issued to each participant/team at each of seven (7) predetermined staterooms.
• Issued playing cards will be marked/identified with the player number to prevent sharing of playing cards, thus ensuring fairness for all.
• At the end of the Poker Run, the best poker hand will win the prize. In the event that we have an exceptional turnout, the sponsor may elect to provide a secondary prize for the runner-up hand.
• No knowledge of poker is required to win. There will be plenty of people on the tour to assist you in determining the status of your hand. The winner of this event will be determined by chance, no skill is required to participate.
• To ensure fairness, the sponsor and family may participate, but is not eligible for the prize. In the unlikely event the sponsor's hand wins the tournament, the prize will default to the second winning hand.
• All entry monies, plus additional monies supplied by the sponsor, will be returned to the prize winner(s) in the prize package(s). The sponsor will not make a profit off of this event.

To sign up for the Poker Run, follow this link: Poker Run Sign-up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EgBhDg-Uelyg-KUXGGi1kYS33tMgsYG8fslKX1nLD2Y/edit?usp=sharing

Add your information to the list, make sure it has been saved, and exit out. If you have not signed up for this event by August 20, I cannot assure you entry into the Poker Run.

Anyone who is just interested in tagging along for the Cabin Crawl without the Poker Run, you are certainly welcome to join as well, however please DO NOT sign-up on the above sign-up sheet.

You may sign-up at the following link if you are ONLY participating in the Cabin Crawl: Cabin Crawl ONLY Sign-up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBFMJ6uT5M5ehq4oaBO9y9j5UPvx1Ue3W9laU1bGXCQ/edit?usp=sharing

Karen

HI Karen and Kevin - it will be great to see you guys again. Welcome aboard :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Okay - thanks to all of you who got back to me. An amazing number of you were on DCL cruises and that is why you didn't respond at first. :goodvibes

Here is who I have not heard back from yet to confirm the chocolate tasting:

(1) Arlenesp ()
(2) (TeamH5),
(2) (mug318ca) ,

(2) (JimmyL47),
(1) (gesamom)

DCL is going to split us into 2 groups because the chocolate tasting is so labor intensive for the CMs, apparently. As previously stated, the date will be September 9 at 2pm or4pm and your account will be charged $30 per person about 2 weeks before sailing whether you attend or not. I have the following 38 people confirmed:

(1) (DGentrySim) confirmed
(1) (Ga-yaya) confirmed
(1) (liesbeth1212) confirmed
(1) (wedgeh) confirmed
(2) (weddeh) confirmed
(2) (Sezmo) confirmed
(1) (paul312) confirmed
(2) (birkner) confirmed
(2) (Vakamalua) confirmed
(2) (pharmjenn) confirmed
(1) (pharmjenn) confirmed
(1) (JessicasDad) confirmed
(2) (Diznefamily) confirmed
(2) (nannylori), Confirmed
(2) (karrit2000), Confirmed
(1) (disney_leonard), confirmed
(1) (goofy adpi), confirmed
(2) GatorMomInNC -confirmed
(1) scottishwee, confirmed
(2) luvdamouse91, confirmed
(2) (SucaIT) confirmed
(2) (mdvasquez) confirmed
(1) gismo1554 confirmed
(2) Claire4dpins confirmed
(1) namsupak

Running total of confirmed: 38

We will probably break into a group of 20 and 18, and that will leave us room to add 2 more in the 2nd group. I actually think that we can have up to 25, so we may be able to add more if someone joins the cruise late and lets me know within the next few weeks.

By the way, here is a link to a review of the tasting. Includes some great pictures:

http://www.wineclubreviewsandrating...ocolate-and-wine-tasting-on-the-disney-cruise

Hi, jimmyl47 isn't anymore on this cruise.

Gismo, my fiance will be going to the water park with my best friend and her husband. I hope they won't be too disapointed.
I was affraid to go there because I was lucky enough to go to Atlantis on my first Disney cruise and it was so incredible.
The Tenerifwater park seems less attractive to me and I'm quite sure I would have been disapointed.

Buckeye Gal, your pictures are so great...

As long as they go not expecting anything like Atlantis or Typhoon Lagoon I'm sure they'll enjoy it! It has some great slides its just more like a Wet and Wild style park or was when I went there. I personally am not big on slides which is why it was disappointing as I wanted something a bit more relaxing. I think you made the right choice not going as I think you'd probably compare it which would then make it disappointing.

ATTENTION - Disney Magic Docking San Juan, Puerto Rico

After a few phone calls we now have more information.
DCL planned for our ship to be docked at the Pan American Pier all along but failed to alter any on line information or inform each individual as they booked.
It seems that the on line info in your reservation ie (Driving Directions plus Pre Cruise information) giving the docking as Pier 4 Old San Juan is for the Disney Fantasy NOT the Disney Magic.

We spoke to a DCL representative plus 2 supervisors who say they are not responsible for the online information and we were advised to email with our complaint to this address:

dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

I would advise anybody that has booked non refundable hotels and excursions to contact them at this address and voice your concerns regarding transfers between Old San Juan and Pan American Pier.

We have been told by others on Facebook that taxi’s in Puerto Rico have a strong Union and frown on hotels having their own shuttle service so imagine the chaos on port arrival/departure days on a limited taxi service on the island. Also that the taxi firms go on strike very easily and a strike may be due soon!

We have requested that as it’s a Disney error they should either arrange shuttles to get us from one place to another or dock the ship in Old San Juan. I know some of you have Disney Transfers so this doesn’t impact on your arrangements but for the high percentage of others who booked arrangements on the information Disney provided this will add a little extra expense to the holiday but mainly it will add A LOT of aggravation as lots of people will be demanding taxi’s.

Here is the most current list of participants in the Recipe/Postcard Exchange. I will be closing this list the first week in August.

Please review the list and let me know of any changes I need to make. GTY participants, please let me know when you have a cabin number. Those who I do not reflect your Disboard name, would appreciate this information. NJA of Tennessee and Judith in cabin 7576, could you confirm your cabin number - first name - home area and Disboard name, thanks.

2014 WBTA Recipe/Postcard Exchange Participation List
July 5, 2015
1. 2004 Kimberly (Buckeye Gal) - - Dublin, OH USA
2. 2062 Denise and hubby (Grumpy57) /Chuck –
3. 3071 Wanda – Opelika, Al
4. 2508 Kim - - home location Naperville, IL USA
5. 5020 Michala - - from London, England (offtoseemickey)
6. 5505 Bob - - home location Reston, VA USA (pharmjenn)
7. 5522 Jennifer - -home location Concord, CA USA SF area (pharmjenn)
8. 5640 Caren - - home location Garland, TX USA (Yogitxtx)
9. 6044 Kasper (binzerdk) & Christina (christinadk) - home location Hillerød, Denmark
10. 6515 Melodie - - Philadelphia, PA area (MagicMe)
11. 6612 Pat - - Poconos, PA (JessicasMom)
12. 6631 Susan - - home location Pallatine, IL USA nw suburbs of Chicago (Geffric)
13. 6642 Liesbeth - home location Arnhem, The Netherlands (Liesbeth1012)
14. 7054 Lori- from Key West,Florida (nannylori)
15. 7125 Sarah - - Tyendinaga Mohawk Reserve, Ontario ((CDNDisneyMom))
16. 7570 Cristi - - home location Plano, TX (karrit2000)
17. 7576 Judith -
18. 7594 Valerie - home location San Francisco CA USA (valbob89)
19. 8516 Lisa - - home location Houston TX USA
20. GTY Dani - home location Orlando FL USA (diznefamily)
21. GTY Claire - - home location Hampshire, UK (Claire4dpins)
22. GTY Erinn - - home location Waunakee, WI USA the only Waunakeein the world
23. GTY Jennifer - - home location Niagara Falls, ONT Canada
24. GTY Mary - 7A - home location Alpharetta GA USA
25. GTY Sarah - South of Wales (gismo1554)
26. GTY Xenia - Geneva, Switzerland (Chewbette)
27. GTY NJA – Tennessee

28. GTY Linda and hubby Don (Sparky47)
29. GTY Mandy - - home location Dallas, TX USA (MandyGirl)
30. GTY Meghann – France (Tiggrou)

ATTENTION - Disney Magic Docking San Juan, Puerto Rico

After a few phone calls we now have more information.
DCL planned for our ship to be docked at the Pan American Pier all along but failed to alter any on line information or inform each individual as they booked.
It seems that the on line info in your reservation ie (Driving Directions plus Pre Cruise information) giving the docking as Pier 4 Old San Juan is for the Disney Fantasy NOT the Disney Magic.

We spoke to a DCL representative plus 2 supervisors who say they are not responsible for the online information and we were advised to email with our complaint to this address:

I would advise anybody that has booked non refundable hotels and excursions to contact them at this address and voice your concerns regarding transfers between Old San Juan and Pan American Pier.

We have been told by others on Facebook that taxi’s in Puerto Rico have a strong Union and frown on hotels having their own shuttle service so imagine the chaos on port arrival/departure days on a limited taxi service on the island. Also that the taxi firms go on strike very easily and a strike may be due soon!

We have requested that as it’s a Disney error they should either arrange shuttles to get us from one place to another or dock the ship in Old San Juan. I know some of you have Disney Transfers so this doesn’t impact on your arrangements but for the high percentage of others who booked arrangements on the information Disney provided this will add a little extra expense to the holiday but mainly it will add A LOT of aggravation as lots of people will be demanding taxi’s.

After hubby did a little research....It appears that OSJ piers 1-3 are only used for dayporting (when San Juan is just another cruise port). OSJ pier 4 and the Pan American pier are the only ones that can accommodate cruises that begin and/or end in SJ, due to need for luggage handling/customs. Jewel of the Seas is using OSJ 4 that day, for a southern Caribbean cruise that begins and ends there. So, DCL missed the boat, so to speak, and can't use the "good" port. (If there is a third ship needing customs, the Navy pier is used). It would be nice if DCL would provide the correct information, though!!! Thanks, Sue, for the heads-up :)

This is a new list:
Hopefully you can read it, i can't put a exellist on this page.
First number is for pins and the P is paid the second number is for the lanyard.
If you only have a lanyard i have put a L behind it.

First DIS Name Pins Paid Lanyards Paid
Noel birkner 2/ P 2/ P
Connie con5421 2/ P 2/ P
Abby 2L
Alice annb4008 2/ P 3/ P
Adam H 2L
Andrea vakamula 1/ P 2/ P
Andrew S Martin 4L
Ann Naillon Ann 2/ 2
Annika Annichan 1/ P 1 P
Arlene Arlenesp 1/ P 1/ P
Berlinda W 4/ P 4/ P
Bettina momhmmx2 2/ P
Binzerdk Binzerdk 2/ 2
Carole A CaroleRWO 3/ P 3
Caroline lovingthemouse 2/ 1
Christine H Chris 1/ P 2/ P
Christina Christinadk 2/ 2
Chasity Chasity B 2L
Claire Claire4dpins 2/ P 2/ P
Claire M Pinky166 1/ P 2/ P
Claire R 4L
Clare Clareyfairymouse 2/ P 2/ P
Dani Diznefamily 3/ P
Dave/JaneWe're Aliens 2/ P
Debra dgentrysim 1
Deborah PScottishwee35 1/ P 2
Dena V Dena 3
Elle Elle Gadsby 1/ 4/ P
Ellen Deruitellen 1/ 1
Erinn Erinn B 2L
Evelyn fly4free2 1
Heather M 2/ P
Holly PhantomGirl 1/ P 1/ P
Jaha Jaha T 2 ?
Jacquie Jacquie M 2L
Jenn medic goffy 2/ 2
Jennifer Jen 24 1/ P
Jennifer pharmjen 4/
John Darjohn 2/ P
Jon Jlamos 2/ P
Jodi Jodischrik 1/ P 2
Joseph R W 2L
Judith H 2L
Judy Jsails 2/ 4
Judson mug138ca 2/ P 2
Julie Mamadetres 5/
Julie N 3L
Karyn karrit2000 2/ P 2/ P
KatheleenJ 2/ P 2/ P
Kathy ktthonas618 2/
kathy dwyer 1L
Kelly K 3L
Kelly and Kate Flygirlhnl 2/
Kim Gilland 18 2/ 3/
Kimberley Buckeye Gal 1/ P
Laure S Goofy Adpi 1/ P 1/ P
Lauren Namsupak 3/
Laurie and Jeff Zipp 2/
Leonard Disney_Leonard 2/ P
Nicole WDWPrincess71 1/ P 2/ P
Liesbeth Liesbeth 2/ P 2/ P
Linda Sparky47 3/ P
Linda LindaBabe 1/ P 2/ P
Lindsay E M 2/ P
Lisa Lisa M 2/ P
Lorraine B Lorraine 3/ P 2/ P
Lucas SucalT 2/ P 2/ P
Melisa luvdamouse91 2/ P 2/ P
Melissa S tinkerbell_29 3/ P
Melodie Magicme 1/ P 1/ P
Mandy MandyGirl 1/ P 5/ P
Margaret M 1L
Mary K 2L
Meaghan 2/ P
Michael mdwoodman 2/
Michelle N 2L
Mel Melonz 4/ P
Michael L Michael 2/
Michael S Michael 2/
Nancy A E 2L
Nancy D P 2L
Nannylori 1/
Paul P17bo 1/ P
Paul H 6/ P
Pamela HuskerMice 2/ P 2/ P
Pat NJA 2/ P 3/ P
Patricia Jessica's Mom 2/ P 3/ P
Peggy Ga-yaya 2/ P
Rachael TeamH5 6/
Rachael Lorman 4/ 4/
Renee NHPixidust 2/ 2/
Ron dclcruise2012 2/ P
Sarah TotallyAngelic 1/ 9/ P
Sarah gismo1554 3/ P 3/ P
Sarah M CDNDisneymom 4/ P
Sharon B 2L P
Sue P 2L P
Susan geffric 2/ P 1/ P
Sarah sezmo 3/ P 4/
Sherri Shercara 3/ 3/
Steve Steve Mccormick 2/
Susan R suellenapa 2/
Susan K Sukraft 6/ P 6/
Susan L sue l 2/ P 3/ P
Tom wedgeh 1/
Tojam Clemets 2/ P 2/ P
Virgina 2L
Valerie ValBob89 2/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter