The low wall outside of Haunted Mansion has been removed!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
So many great things happened today. I met several cool people and towards the end of the day, a nice young lady let me use her charger for a short time. My battery was at 1%.

Crowds at the park were the lightest I've seen in years (extreme circumstances such as heavy rain excepted)! I jumped on Pirates at 2:00 and the wait-time was less than 10 minutes. Around 3:00, the line for Nemo was approximately five minutes. Traffic in the common areas was easy to navigate and I never felt crowded or confined. I spent considerable time in Tomorrowland. I wonder if the removal of the planter contributed significantly to that difference.

The low-ish wall outside of HM has been removed and replaced with benches. That seems to allow for greater traffic flow. A friend suggested that when Star Wars Land opens, the benches will/could be removed to ease traffic even further. Here's a pic... as well as several others from today.

IMG_6886.JPG

IMG_6866.JPG

IMG_6867.JPG

Hidden Mickey in the HM NBC overlay. I've never noticed this one before. I also saw another on the hat on the floor near the Hatbox Ghost.
IMG_6868.JPG

IMG_6869.JPG

I'm happy to see that the plastic stir sticks have been replaced with wooden ones. They actually work better (they're less flexible that the plastic ones) and are more ecological, obviously.

IMG_6873.JPG

I liked this woman's outfit. She very kindly allowed me to snap a pic.

IMG_6875.JPG

IMG_6887.JPG

IMG_6889.JPG

Last edited:
A few more pics.

The back corner of the POTC line.

IMG_6882.JPG

I did well on Buzz and was about to leave when I decided to jump on one last time. I'm glad I did because on that last ride I finally broke 2M. I actually went over earlier today but, as I've mentioned countless times before, once a player exceeds 2,096,000, his or her score will reset. On the earlier ride, when I exited the ride, I discovered that I went over by about 12,000 points. That's always frustrating.
IMG_6896.JPG

IMG_6897.JPG

IMG_6898.JPG

Thanks for the pics. Only 3 more days till we are there so I’m really enjoying the Halloween time pics you have been posting?

WonkaKid, I'm now wondering...Do you do extremely well at other similar games? How good is your score on Toy Story? (As always, thanks for this photos!)

WonkaKid, I'm now wondering...Do you do extremely well at other similar games? How good is your score on Toy Story? (As always, thanks for this photos!)

Actually, I've only played Toy Story once several years ago. I don't often go to DCA, since I don't especially care for it. It took me a long time to get this good at Buzz; it isn't simply natural talent or inborn skill at shooting games :-).

Glad you enjoy the photos. You're welcome :-).

We love both those Hidden Mickeys in HM! Those benches are wild -- it's so strange how ordinary things can look so weird when your eye is used to seeing something else there.

Touring Plans reported crowd Levels at a 1 on Friday and a 2 on Saturday. I’ll be curious to see what they post for Sunday. We’ll be there Tuesday through Saturday so I’m hoping for these types of low crowds. Thanks so much for your pictures!

Thanks for the photos, Rob! We can't wait to visit DL again in March after checking out the 3 Asia parks. Makes us really appreciate the original Disneyland!

Great photos! We were just there Saturday, going again tomorrow, and then 9/19 for Mickey's Halloween Party. Fall is one if my favorite times of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter