The Long Long Honeymoon's Blog - Fort Wilderness

CottontailCurl

DIS Veteran
I've been working my way through the Long Long Honeymoon Couple's blog and finally got to the Fort Wilderness installment. This is what he wrote about Fort Wilderness and Disney World if you're interested (it's in the middle of the page):

http://seanandkristy.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-11-12T09:07:00-08:00&max-results=7

Is anyone else reading it? Their stop in Anaheim and visit to Disneyland is a few pages back. The wife of the party is probably a Disney Freak and I wouldn't be surprised if they've peeked in this forum a time or two. The entire trip was very fun to read about, a lot of the footage was beautiful (I'd love to ask about their cameras - I believe they had one mounted to the top of the truck). I love the way he filmed their adventures, it made it seem like watching a documentary sometimes (and if he hadn't done it that way, the goat incident wouldn't have been nearly as fun, I don't think).

There's no singing with Burl Ives in it is there? I till have that blasted song in my head.

There's no singing with Burl Ives in it is there? I till have that blasted song in my head.

Nope, there's no singing, no rocking, not even any Burling - on second thought, the blog's not as good as I thought it was.

All I wanna doooooooo, when the day is throoooooooo....

I really enjoyed that, gosh I wonder what campground that was in Destin that they stayed at on the beach I would love to go.

Airstream HAS to be sponsoring that couple. I mean he never says the word trailer or camper without preceding it with airstream. I was wondering what he might do for a living that he can afford to be on the road 24/7/52, but heck...if airstreams sponsoring you with vehicular maintenance, food and gas...I guess ya really dont need a job, do ya? What a great llife he's living...at least for now. I wonder if the marriage can survive being in such tight living quarters and no one going off to work for a few hours at a time...when do they get a chance to miss each other....when do they get their "me" time. Thats some pretty interesting stuff....I think I may watch it from the beginning. Thanks for raising my interest in it CTCurl

if we are calling them strange, imagine how strange they must truly be.:eek:

Pretty cool site.

Although, anyone remember Jupelo (I think that was his name). He created a website about 2-3 years ago, and he was supposedly this rich kid who was going to spend an entire year at Disney, and have a semi-live webcam on him every day.

It lasted about 3 weeks, the buzz around it was incredible (he even got national coverage). Then all of a sudden, weird stuff started happening (one day it was just a picture of a garbage can at Epcot), and then he never appeared again.

He also had A LOT of advertising links on his page. From what I've heard, some people figured it was a marketing scam, and the guy made a bunch of money from all the ad traffic that he got from people visiting his site. In the end, it was probably just all video from some trip he had taken to Disney that he put out there as being "live".

I know that there were lots of threads on this and the other internet forum about this back in the day, that was a crazy time (people became obsessed with the site and with "Jupelo").

Edit: If you do a Google search on "Jupelo" you'll find tons of information on the infamous site/hoax/person. You'll even see articles in the Orlando Weekly and stuff...lol

That was pretty cool! I wonder though? Do you think that could be the couple responsible for the chair/kitty litter incident? I mean, after all that togetherness, who could blame them?

Thanks for sharing! It is a good way to check out all the campsites around the country. I wonder if they'll write a book next.

I really enjoyed that, gosh I wonder what campground that was in Destin that they stayed at on the beach I would love to go.

I think this is it, it's been on my camping short list for a couple years now: http://www.campgulf.com/

Airstream HAS to be sponsoring that couple. I mean he never says the word trailer or camper without preceding it with airstream... I wonder if the marriage can survive being in such tight living quarters and no one going off to work for a few hours at a time...I think I may watch it from the beginning. Thanks for raising my interest in it CTCurl

I don't think they're getting a sponsorship, I just think they're (he's?) Airstream Enthusiasts. I've had people ask me what kind of cut Disney gives me for constantly talking to people about helping them planning a trip there (my kids think Disney owes me!). They seemed to do OK with the small quarters thing, there was one log at the end where they talk about what they learned about their relationship during the trip. If you don't get a chance to read through the whole thing, I recommend you scroll through and stop and the ones in the Nat' Parks. You're able to open it up in full mode on your screen and it's just beautiful (Banff, what a gorgeous place, Redwood Forest, etc.)

That was pretty cool! I wonder though? Do you think that could be the couple responsible for the chair/kitty litter incident? I mean, after all that togetherness, who could blame them?
Thanks for sharing! It is a good way to check out all the campsites around the country. I wonder if they'll write a book next.

:lmao: I imagined the chair/kitty litter people as the couple from Hee Haw - she has her hair in curlers all the time and he's just a mess, I think his name was Earl. I thought I heard the Long Long HMoon guy say or I read that he wants to do something, maybe a longer video or book or something, I can't remember.

Colson - I followed Jupelo for a couple days, I never got the feeling that it wasn't live. If it wasn't - boy that person had way to much time on their hands to come up with a scheme like that!

Colson - I followed Jupelo for a couple days, I never got the feeling that it wasn't live. If it wasn't - boy that person had way to much time on their hands to come up with a scheme like that!

It was never really proven whether or not it was live. In fact, no one ever really knew what happened, and there are tons of rumours.

Since the guy basically just dissapeared, I tend to think it was fake (perhaps the video was live, we'll never know). After putting so much work into the site, if it was real, chances are he would at least have said "Sorry folks, can't continue" or something, instead we just got a random picture of a garbage can and then nothing.

Also, he claimed to be over 18, but from the way he communicated with people, he appeared to be MUCH younger than that. I mean, if this guy was really over the age of 18, and had made millions from his own business already, he would have been much more mature then he came across as.

I prefer to think it was live, because that would be really cool, even for that short period of time, if it was. I guess in the end, we'll never know.

This is going to be one of those topics when we're sitting on the porch at Crockett's 30 years from now, and we're talking to some random person, and we say, "You know, I remember when I was younger, there was this guy that was going to stay at Disney for a year and film it, his name was Jackalope or something, never did find out what happened to that guy"....lol

That was pretty cool! I wonder though? Do you think that could be the couple responsible for the chair/kitty litter incident?

I think that was the couple in the utube video with the van for sale, the fridge and the used tires. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter