The "Key" Package

SteveW8002

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are taking a 7-night cruise out of Boston in October. I purchased an internet package for us; however, I just noticed the "Key" package. It contains internet along with other perks such as lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day, priority show seating, priority embarkation/debarkation and a few other minor perks. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the $5.00/day extra?

My wife and I are taking a 7-night cruise out of Boston in October. I purchased an internet package for us; however, I just noticed the "Key" package. It contains internet along with other perks such as lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day, priority show seating, priority embarkation/debarkation and a few other minor perks. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the $5.00/day extra?

I haven't tried it but is it $5 per person per day or is $5 for both of you per day?

Worth it depends on your point of view and also what type of cabin you are in.

If you are in a suite, I would say no, as most of the perks for the key are included with a suite, including the internet. (Grand Suite and above)

For priority show seating, you still have to show up 30 to 45 minutes before show time, priority embarkation/debarkation may be worth it, depending on the class ship you are on. Chops Grille is a very limited lunch menu in the main dining room and you can get dinner for about the same price as buying the key.

One way to save on internet is instead of buying it as one device for two people, buy it as one person with two devices.

Worth it depends on your point of view and also what type of cabin you are in.

If you are in a suite, I would say no, as most of the perks for the key are included with a suite, including the internet. (Grand Suite and above)

For priority show seating, you still have to show up 30 to 45 minutes before show time, priority embarkation/debarkation may be worth it, depending on the class ship you are on. Chops Grille is a very limited lunch menu in the main dining room and you can get dinner for about the same price as buying the key.

One way to save on internet is instead of buying it as one device for two people, buy it as one person with two devices.
We just booked an Owner's Suite 1-br for a 4 night next March on the Liberty. Would you say the Key is not necessary for that one as well? What about the beverage packages and other add-ons I may be missing? This is a surprise for my family and I really want to give them the royal treatment. My DW really loved the concierge level on the Disney cruise we did years ago. I'd like to meet or exceed that experience. I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

We just booked an Owner's Suite 1-br for a 4 night next March on the Liberty. Would you say the Key is not necessary for that one as well? What about the beverage packages and other add-ons I may be missing? This is a surprise for my family and I really want to give them the royal treatment. My DW really loved the concierge level on the Disney cruise we did years ago. I'd like to meet or exceed that experience. I appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Honestly, we haven't sailed in a suite yet, but will be a week from today.

But we will be on an Oasis classic ship, which has different benefits. For what your benefits are, look here:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program?country=USA

As for beverage packages, that depends on how much of a drinker you are, if not a heavy drinker, the soda or Refreshment package would likely be fine. We don't drink alcohol at all, so we get the Refreshment package which includes pretty much everything nonalcoholic except Starbucks and milkshakes fr the Promenade lounge. Milkshakes from Johnny Rockets are included.

The dining package can be good if you want to do. Lot of specialty restaurants, but main dining room is good too.

Personally, I find if you go in expecting to have a great time, that is what will happen and if you go in expecting to be miserable that is what will happen. Just know there will be good and bad, just don't let the bad outweigh the good.

Honestly, we haven't sailed in a suite yet, but will be a week from today.

But we will be on an Oasis classic ship, which has different benefits. For what your benefits are, look here:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program?country=USA

As for beverage packages, that depends on how much of a drinker you are, if not a heavy drinker, the soda or Refreshment package would likely be fine. We don't drink alcohol at all, so we get the Refreshment package which includes pretty much everything nonalcoholic except Starbucks and milkshakes fr the Promenade lounge. Milkshakes from Johnny Rockets are included.

The dining package can be good if you want to do. Lot of specialty restaurants, but main dining room is good too.

Personally, I find if you go in expecting to have a great time, that is what will happen and if you go in expecting to be miserable that is what will happen. Just know there will be good and bad, just don't let the bad outweigh the good.
Solid advice. Thank you. If you think of it, a report from your suite stay would be welcomed. We are thinking the refreshment package and the Key will be good for us. We don’t see a need for the dining package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter