• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "If I could bring back 1 thing @ WDW" game

WorldNoFace

Earning My Ears
I felt compelled to write a nostalgic Walt Disney World post about some attraction or place that isn't there anymore. Then I thought that'd be pretty boring and it'd probably be hard to write about something that hasn't been over-done already. So, then I thought, let's make it a game! If you're seeing this, pretend you had the power to bring back anything at Walt Disney World you wanted, then write a little something about it/why you'd bring it back. You can be as broad or specific as you want (I'm not big on rules) but the more specific you are, the more fun it'll be. I'll start:

ADVENTURER'S CLUB @ PLEASURE ISLAND: If I could bring back anything, I'd say Adventurer's Club would be it. There was nothing like it, and there still isn't. It was one place where adults and kids could be equally entertained. Seeing every "show" that each room had to offer (the Mask room, etc.) would make the night fly by, and the characters were excellent. The Comedy Club would be a close 2nd, but not as unique as AC.
"Jump up for Jinkies! WE LOVE'EM!"

I felt compelled to write a nostalgic Walt Disney World post about some attraction or place that isn't there anymore. Then I thought that'd be pretty boring and it'd probably be hard to write about something that hasn't been over-done already. So, then I thought, let's make it a game! If you're seeing this, pretend you had the power to bring back anything at Walt Disney World you wanted, then write a little something about it/why you'd bring it back. You can be as broad or specific as you want (I'm not big on rules) but the more specific you are, the more fun it'll be. I'll start:

ADVENTURER'S CLUB @ PLEASURE ISLAND: If I could bring back anything, I'd say Adventurer's Club would be it. There was nothing like it, and there still isn't. It was one place where adults and kids could be equally entertained. Seeing every "show" that each room had to offer (the Mask room, etc.) would make the night fly by, and the characters were excellent. The Comedy Club would be a close 2nd, but not as unique as AC.
Can I go with lower prices?

I loved the Adventurers’ Club, and I’ll raise you ALL of Pleasure Island. I had some fun times there!

My number one would also be the Adventurer’s Club. Kungaloosh!!

So, I’ll pick something else. I would bring back the Living Statues. They were so unusual and always surprising people, including me and my family. Loved stopping in France to watch them.

Mr Toad’s Wild Ride

The old FastPass system

Paper Fastpasses and the old system!

Nevermind my post about Ellen, I want to change my vote! I HATE the new fastpass system!!! I freaking hate that I have to spend what is supposed to be quality time with my family staring at my phone screen to track or chase after fastpasses on the app. I'd rather walk across the park for that paper fastpass like in the good old days because at least we did that together.

I want Adventures Thru Inner Space back at Disneyland! I want the original Journey Into Imagination at EPCOT since I never got to ride it.

That is my choice also, but I did get to ride it a few times. It was the ride that inspired my love for Disney in the first place! I have loved everything Figment since the first time I went to WDW, I wish they would bring it back, I miss the original Figment and Dreamfinder!

Also loved the Living Statues, would bring them back also

Nevermind my post about Ellen, I want to change my vote! I HATE the new fastpass system!!! I freaking hate that I have to spend what is supposed to be quality time with my family staring at my phone screen to track or chase after fastpasses on the app. I'd rather walk across the park for that paper fastpass like in the good old days because at least we did that together.

Oh heavens no!!! At least not for me. The old paper FP+ system was utterly awful compared to the new one. If I wanted a FP+ for TSMM, we had to stand outside the gates of HS early in the morning (yuck) then make a mad run to the kiosk...then stand behind some tour group leader who had 55 kids cards and was hogging the machine. Heaven forbid we got to the machines at 9:20am, our FP+ would have been for 7:45pm, long after we were ready to leave. Or by 10am, they were all gone, so you were just simply out of luck. Then you had to run from ride to ride to try to get another one. Very inefficient and also very unpleasant in the heat of a summer afternoon. With the new FP+, not only can I get a FP+ from the comfort of my home, I can get it for whatever time is best for me or even change it. Then when I'm done and want another, it's as easy as a couple of clicks. I know each to their own, and I'm all for nostalgia, but for me I'm so glad the old system is gone. It was a good first effort, but compared to what we have today, it was terrible.

As for my vote, if I'm going recent past, I miss Shark Reef at TL, Stitch in MK (yeah, I know, but I liked it) and Mickey's Sorcerer hat in HS (I know it's not a ride, but I loved the landmark).

I would love to ride If You Had Wings one more time.

Yes, it was a 'freebie' - didn't require a precious ticket, but we all really loved it and still sometimes find ourselves singing, "If we had wings, had wings, had wings,etc"!! :-)

There are several things I miss over the years, but a 'big' recent one is 'Main Street Bakery' - the old one, that is!! Loved the feeling of the old soda shop, and still miss the cinnamon roll (and no, Gastons is NOT the same) plus the yummy croissant breakfast sandwich. We would get both, then split them - can taste them now!!:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter