• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Question for all you BWV veterans - how loud are the boardwalk view rooms?

I'm looking to book a 2 bedroom lockoff for a future Sept visit. I would love a Boardwalk view but I've been reading posts that it can be very loud at night. I'd be traveling with my sister's family (5 kids, two under 2) so sleep is important.

Another thing I would like is to be closer to the food court and walkway to the boat/walkway to Epcot.
Am I better off booking a pool view?

Another thing I would like is to be closer to the food court and walkway to the boat/walkway to Epcot.

When you say that you would like to be closer to the food court and walkway to the boat/walkway to Epcot: when you refer to "food court" do you just mean "restaurants"? I'm not trying to be nit-picky, I just want to make sure you know that there is no food court at the BoardWalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas. If you're looking for food, inside the hotel there is Belle Vue Lounge. Down on the BoardWalk there is the deli, a pizza window, and some table service restaurants. There are some kiosks on the BoardWalk, but I think some of them closed.
https://allears.net/dining/menu/search/all/boardwalk-resort/all/all/

September is one of the more popular months for BWV because a lot of people who will be going to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival like to stay there. All of the 2-bedrooms at BWV are lock-offs, so if the studios are booked you can't get a 2-bedroom.

You might know all of this already, in which case... never mind.

Here's a thread with room info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-room-view-and-number-maps.3794835/

What time is Bell Services open until? We will be checking out, heading to a park, then coming back to get luggage and go to an offsite hotel. Just wondering if we need to plan a mid day break to do that or if we can wait til 11 pm to grab our stuff. Thanks!

What time is Bell Services open until? We will be checking out, heading to a park, then coming back to get luggage and go to an offsite hotel. Just wondering if we need to plan a mid day break to do that or if we can wait til 11 pm to grab our stuff. Thanks!
Bell Services is open 24/7, so no problem with your plan.

I'm looking to book a 2 bedroom lockoff for a future Sept visit. I would love a Boardwalk view but I've been reading posts that it can be very loud at night. I'd be traveling with my sister's family (5 kids, two under 2) so sleep is important.

Pool view can be noisy in the afternoon with activities going on. BW view can be noisy at night with entertainment. Noise for both is worse on lower floors than higher floors. In your case, I might book P/G view and request “view of quiet pool” which puts you in a quieter area - but unfortunately not as close to food, Epcot or the boat dock as BW view would. It does put you closer to DHS, if you can take the stairs down to the walkway. If you’ll have strollers and require the elevator to get to walkway or lobby/bus level, then you’ll have a hike through the hallway.

Stayed in a BW view studio this past Nov and I can say it was kind of loud at night between people waking around on the BW, entertainment out there and stuff, plus fireworks from EPCOT you can definitely hear from there. I wouldn't say it was overwhelmingly loud but just know you will hear some noise if in a BW view room. Though I'd say having a BW view was still worth it for me personally.

When you say that you would like to be closer to the food court and walkway to the boat/walkway to Epcot: when you refer to "food court" do you just mean "restaurants"? I'm not trying to be nit-picky, I just want to make sure you know that there is no food court at the BoardWalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas. If you're looking for food, inside the hotel there is Belle Vue Lounge. Down on the BoardWalk there is the deli, a pizza window, and some table service restaurants. There are some kiosks on the BoardWalk, but I think some of them closed.
https://allears.net/dining/menu/search/all/boardwalk-resort/all/all/

September is one of the more popular months for BWV because a lot of people who will be going to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival like to stay there. All of the 2-bedrooms at BWV are lock-offs, so if the studios are booked you can't get a 2-bedroom.

You might know all of this already, in which case... never mind.

Here's a thread with room info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-room-view-and-number-maps.3794835/
It is my home resort so should hopefully I can get it. In regards to food court, basically where I can pick up coffee and snacks to go in the morning. I'm thinking along the lines of the Beach Club Marketplace at BC. Somewhere to refill our mugs and grab a quick bite as we head out.

Pool view can be noisy in the afternoon with activities going on. BW view can be noisy at night with entertainment. Noise for both is worse on lower floors than higher floors. In your case, I might book P/G view and request “view of quiet pool” which puts you in a quieter area - but unfortunately not as close to food, Epcot or the boat dock as BW view would. It does put you closer to DHS, if you can take the stairs down to the walkway. If you’ll have strollers and require the elevator to get to walkway or lobby/bus level, then you’ll have a hike through the hallway.
We will have a stroller(s). I think a P/G view room would be fine.

Hi all! I've been a BWV owner for years, but I've never even looked at the area around the quiet pool where there is a grill. Does anyone have pictures? (I'm thinking about having a small get together out there, and I want to see what it looks like.)

In regards to food court, basically where I can pick up coffee and snacks to go in the morning. I'm thinking along the lines of the Beach Club Marketplace at BC. Somewhere to refill our mugs and grab a quick bite as we head out.
I’m not sure about refillable mugs, but you can get coffee and snacks at the new coffee shop in the lobby (replaced Dundy’s Sundries). The BW Deli refills mugs, also sells food.

Everything I have seen, shows no refillable mugs in the coffee shop. Which is really dumb.
That's accurate. We were there this week. As far as I know, the only place with a self-serve refill station is the Deli. You can get the pool bar to refill it with Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite but it's not self-serve.

That's accurate. We were there this week. As far as I know, the only place with a self-serve refill station is the Deli. You can get the bar to refill it with Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite but it's not self-serve.
I love my home BWV, and I sniffle every time we arrive, and I don't use the mugs, but this was a really really dumb thing to do on their part LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter