The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Looks like some more balancing needs to come to the summers for BWV this next year. Every single weekend is open while every single weekday is booked when looking at the 2BR side for Standard View.

Possibly reduction in points of the weekend and tad increase during the week.
Depends on how many rooms are available. Also with a refurb coming up that may be messing with availability.

Depends on how many rooms are available. Also with a refurb coming up that may be messing with availability.

Nah when its straight through the summer where every weekend is open and every weekday is taken its a point imbalance likely. Especially when you consider the difference in the Premium level vs Standard level.

You have for Standard View:
Studio - 12 vs 16 (25% difference)
1BR - 25 vs 31 (20%)
2BR - 33 vs 44 (25%)

Preferred View:
Studio - 16 vs 18 (11%)
1BR - 32 vs 37 (14%)
2BR - 43 vs 47 (9%)

You can see the drastic difference in the weekday vs weekend for the views type.

Nah when its straight through the summer where every weekend is open and every weekday is taken its a point imbalance likely. Especially when you consider the difference in the Premium level vs Standard level.

You have for Standard View:
Studio - 12 vs 16 (25% difference)
1BR - 25 vs 31 (20%)
2BR - 33 vs 44 (25%)

Preferred View:
Studio - 16 vs 18 (11%)
1BR - 32 vs 37 (14%)
2BR - 43 vs 47 (9%)

You can see the drastic difference in the weekday vs weekend for the views type.
It could be 1 or 2 rooms left. You just never know. They do not work on weekends for refurb so maybe rooms taken out during the week for nearby noise are open. Who knows but I do not think one summer calendar indicates a need for rebalancing.

It could be 1 or 2 rooms left. You just never know. They do not work on weekends for refurb so maybe rooms taken out during the week for nearby noise are open. Who knows but I do not think one summer calendar indicates a need for rebalancing.

I am not sure why you keep saying refurb. The room refurbs seems to be in the fall for BWV as you have full blackout of rooms from mid-September through early November occurring.

To add another data point BWV Std View actually is in the top 5 for point imbalance in all of DVC between weekend and weekday across all room sizes for Standard View which no other resort having that occur.

I guess we will see what occurs in the comings weeks regarding the point changes where summer will likely dip further in point requirements and fall will increase possibly further.

Just heard Boardwalk To Go closed. If so, that's just sad. Always liked to get a corn dog and french fries there.
Yes, it waa very odd. Open one day and totally closed the next.

We were at the BWV and DH was disappointed as he wanted something that last day (there was no indication it waa going to close at the end of that day), but decided to wait until the next day instead. (Ice cream shop waa calling LOL.

Just heard Boardwalk To Go closed. If so, that's just sad. Always liked to get a corn dog and french fries there.

That kiosk always seemed to be a bit overwhelmed, but the food was enjoyable the handful of times when we grabbed something there. I'm very sad to see the offering go away completely because BW Deli already lacks a number of traditional QS offerings, so it was nice to be able to use the To Go kiosk for fries or chicken fingers for picky eaters in our family.

Depends on time of year and view. Fall/Christmas/NYE will be pretty impossible, but other times will be easier if you go for a pool/garden view.
Ok thanks. So pool garden view is easier to get? is That loud, we just stayed hotel side and had a garden view and it was by the quiet pool and we loved it there all the way in the back

Pool/garden view can be loud near the "clown" pool (it's no longer clown themed). There are activities going on there and music through the day.
Boardwalk view has music from the boardwalk that start promptly at 9am - it's not super loud int he room with the door closed - but you can hear it a little.
Standard view can be loud near the port cochere (all the cars/busses/valet)

Ok thanks. So pool garden view is easier to get? is That loud, we just stayed hotel side and had a garden view and it was by the quiet pool and we loved it there all the way in the back
Yes, pool/garden view is easier to get because there are way more villas with that view. The Luna Park pool (the "Clown Pool") is the noisy one, but if you request a view of the quiet pool or the Community Hall, it's pretty quiet.

We usually stay in a 1BR but this time a studio. Does anyone know the washer/dryer situation at the villa? Are there only a few at one location or several spread out over the villas? Thanks so much for any help!!!!

Y’all are welcome to my karma and Boardwalk. Stayed there our second visit and again, the hallways. No more, I’m done. I was closer to check in at the Swan than BW. #1027 #overthere

I much prefer the theming and definitely don't like the generic-ilization of the Disney properties...and I like the original theming of the parks (as opposed to the 're-theming rides and sections to movies and IP). But at the same time, I don't always like everything about the theme, so I'm OK with the idea of tweaking the theme but keeping it. ie: I am very OK with the removal of the clown because I never liked it, and I wouldn't cry if the creepy girl/flowerhead chair disappeared from the lobby. But turning all the resorts into the generic decor of Hilton conference hotels is NOT my thing.

hey everyone. i posted this in the main bw thread but wanted to post it in here as well just in case.

we are renting points and currently have a boardwalk view studio. first time staying at bw.

#1 - is there a specific floor/area we should request based on your experience?
#2 - how loud is the boardwalk view really? kids are 5 and 2 and sleep with a sound machine, plus we dont normally go back for naps or anything like that
#3 - we have stayed bcv last year and have stayed bc and yc a few times, and we love it there, but wanted to mix it up and stay at bw this time. those who have stayed both, do you think we will regret it? i can put in a request to move to bcv (although its not guaranteed) so was just curious.

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter