The Headless Horseman Is Returning To Fort Wilderness For The 2017 Halloween Season

Has anyone tried to make reservation yet? I understand you can make them 180 days out. I will be calling in on April 10th for 2 tix for October 7th.! Can't wait!

Has anyone tried to make reservation yet? I understand you can make them 180 days out. I will be calling in on April 10th for 2 tix for October 7th.! Can't wait!

I have mine made for the 1st night they are holding it.

I have mine made for the 1st night they are holding it.

Hey PaHunter,

Do you recall what the times are for the movie/M&G? Was there only one or were there multiple times (like HDDR)?

If you don't remember that's okay. IIRC the Sleepy Hollow movie is about an hour which leaves time for the M&G and even two per night if they schedule it tight.

Bama Ed

Hey PaHunter,

Do you recall what the times are for the movie/M&G? Was there only one or were there multiple times (like HDDR)?

If you don't remember that's okay. IIRC the Sleepy Hollow movie is about an hour which leaves time for the M&G and even two per night if they schedule it tight.

Bama Ed

Ed,

They are holding two a night. There is an 8pm and a 10pm. We went with just the regular passes, the goodie bag didn't seem like it would be worth the extra 16 dollars, especially if it is only halloween candy.

Ed,

They are holding two a night. There is an 8pm and a 10pm. We went with just the regular passes, the goodie bag didn't seem like it would be worth the extra 16 dollars, especially if it is only halloween candy.

Hi there, do you remember what number you called to reserve? I tried calling and kept getting redirected, and no one knew what I was talking about!

Also, do you pay when you reserve, or pay when you arrive?

Thank you!!!

Hi there, do you remember what number you called to reserve? I tried calling and kept getting redirected, and no one knew what I was talking about!

Also, do you pay when you reserve, or pay when you arrive?

Thank you!!!

I called the regular line for tours. 407-939-8687 is the number. You have to be within 6 months of the date you want to reserve and it is paid in full when you reserve.

I called the regular line for tours. 407-939-8687 is the number. You have to be within 6 months of the date you want to reserve and it is paid in full when you reserve.

Thank you! Looks Like I will have to wait until next week to call, then :)

We're booked in for 10/5! There was definitely some confusion about what this event was when I called, but (after being put on hold several times) it all got sorted out. Yay!

I've been on hold for almost 1.5 hours trying to book this for 9/30. I hope it's not sold out by the time I get through!

Yikes! Hoping to get it for 10/12! Going to call after I make all our dining reservations Wednesday and hope it works out

I will be calling toward the end of the month for tickets, hoping to land the 10:00 spot. On another note, ADR's are 30 days out today.

Good Afternoon!

I saw a question posted on the "Official MNSSHP 2017" thread and I'm not sure how to help this fellow DISer:

@abnihon "I've never been to Fort Wilderness before but want to check out the decorations while we're there for the Sleep Hollow event. Will there be a decent number of sites decorated by Oct 14th? Any areas in particular that are good? Can we walk around campsites from the Ranch or would we have to take the bus?"

Also once the boat or bus drops you off how do you get to the Event? And how far is it from Trails End?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure there are many pp who plan to attend The Sleepy Hollow Event.
Thank you!

Good Afternoon!

I saw a question posted on the "Official MNSSHP 2017" thread and I'm not sure how to help this fellow DISer:

@abnihon "I've never been to Fort Wilderness before but want to check out the decorations while we're there for the Sleep Hollow event. Will there be a decent number of sites decorated by Oct 14th? Any areas in particular that are good? Can we walk around campsites from the Ranch or would we have to take the bus?"

Also once the boat or bus drops you off how do you get to the Event? And how far is it from Trails End?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure there are many pp who plan to attend The Sleepy Hollow Event.
Thank you!

My understanding is the event is at the Ranch, which is located just behind Trails End. If this is the case, it will be a short walk from the boat dock or bus stop to the event. Some sites will be decorated I am sure. You can walk around the loops, although you will not be able to walk all of them. Fort Wilderness is a mile from end to end. One would be able to walk the 100, 200, 300 and maybe 400 loops at they are pretty close to the Trails End area. The internal Fort buses run the main road only and do not enter the loops, so they are not good for viewing campsites. You do get to see a few from the road, but the majority you would not see.

My understanding is the event is at the Ranch, which is located just behind Trails End. If this is the case, it will be a short walk from the boat dock or bus stop to the event. Some sites will be decorated I am sure. You can walk around the loops, although you will not be able to walk all of them. Fort Wilderness is a mile from end to end. One would be able to walk the 100, 200, 300 and maybe 400 loops at they are pretty close to the Trails End area. The internal Fort buses run the main road only and do not enter the loops, so they are not good for viewing campsites. You do get to see a few from the road, but the majority you would not see.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

Hi guys! I'm excited to book this for 10/19...only a few more days before I can call and try. So my question is this...would it make sense both timewise and logistically to book Hoop Dee Doo for dinner and then head to the 8:00 Headless Horseman thing afterwards? I've never done Hoop Dee Doo, but I figure this might be a good time to finally do it.

Hi guys! I'm excited to book this for 10/19...only a few more days before I can call and try. So my question is this...would it make sense both timewise and logistically to book Hoop Dee Doo for dinner and then head to the 8:00 Headless Horseman thing afterwards? I've never done Hoop Dee Doo, but I figure this might be a good time to finally do it.

HDDR is just about 2 hours, so would be a good match.

Do you have an onsite stay booked? When I called this morning I was told this event could be booked at 180+10, despite the articles stating otherwise.

And btw, 10/14 8:00 show premium tickets are sold out. 10/12 as well.

Do you have an onsite stay booked? When I called this morning I was told this event could be booked at 180+10, despite the articles stating otherwise.

And btw, 10/14 8:00 show premium tickets are sold out. 10/12 as well.
Sold out or not yet opened up yet? I am guessing it's probably the later. While the HDDMR is good and popular, that is a LATE show which is usually much cheaper BECAUSE it rarely sells out.

I saw sites saying two different dates to start the bookings so I phoned up the evening before I thought I could phone and the CM said I could do the 180 days + 10 as I was staying at a resort. I have 10pm on Sept 29th (I got mine April 1st). I would have chosen 8pm but I'm in Universal IOA during the day and I thought I should be realistic about getting back in time. I have the premium ticket, although I do hope the goodie bag is a bit better than just candy, I don't like American candy. I thought it was pretty good value but I am only having to buy one ticket. I also picked it for the priority for the M&G mostly because this was supposed to be an early night for me and I wanted to get back to the hotel as quick as I can, which I know will take a while considering I'm at All Sat Movies.

I forgot to ask for any information all I remember is she said Pioneer Hall and Circle D Ranch and that she didn't know what was in the goodie bag. I'd prefer having more than just a confirmation number. like an email or a reservation on my MDE. I have made a note on my MDE so I have the info to hand and someone on another thread thought it may be like a tour and you just have your reservation to turn up. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter