• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Haunted Mansion is Disney Perfection - Talk Amongst Yourselves

To support my earlier comment about slowing it down to make it better I offer the following observation from our last trip. We were in the doom buggy at the part where you just round the bend and see all of the eyes staring at your from the walls. We broke down ( I forgot the cute announcement they make when that happens. Something like meddlesome ghosts...) but as we sat there and your eyes adjusted we noticed that the eyes are not painted on the walls, but in fact they are mounted on little springs so they can sway when a breeze hits them. You would totally miss the movement effect of the eyes at the normal speed of travel.

If they were to slow it down a bit so you could actually see the different things I would agree. Right now they have it cranked too fast to actually get to enjoy the different effects.

They do this? Wouldn't they have to speed up the audio, also, then? The thought of a squeaky, chipmunk-like Thurl Ravenscroft is kind of funny!

Love it love it love it, but the awful scream during the hanging scene in the stretching room is so cheesy. Not very theatrical or professional at all, and sounds like a guy doing an awful falsetto. I think that's the only part I don't like, that scream.

My son, only 4, absolutely loves HM. Once when getting off Spaceship Earth he said, "I will raise the safety bar for you...and an astronaut will follow you home!"

I will admit some of my love for HM comes from having experienced the attraction when I was very young and being delightfully frightened. While I'm no longer frightened and know all of the tricks, the attention to detail is exquisite. The story is pleasantly grim, and most unexpected in a park with such a happy overtone.
I feel the same way! My first experience with HM was as a 6 year old boy and it scared me! But that is part of the fun, I guess. It is also classic Disney. Personally, I love that it isn't the most up-to-date ride, it reminds me of the "golden years" with "Uncle Walt" in charge. IDK...still love it. My kids all loved it last year too, and they are 7, 4, and 2!:hmghost:

While ToT is my fav ride overall, HM is one of the best classic rides and one of the top rides period, in WDW. IMHO

I have 2 favourite rides and that is one of them! (See my username) I dont know why but HM is still able to spook me slightly even though I know the complete spiel and everything the Bride says! I would be in histerics if it was ever rumoured to leave, Jungle Cruise was shut last time we went and we made up for it by going on that more than we normally would:goodvibes

Agree. But I hate the Nightmare Before Christmas version that they do in DL at the holidays. (Maybe hate is too strong a word, but I'd much prefer the original ride).

Well, I have to agree with you, since tattoo removal is not exactly something I want to have done :)

It's my favorite ride ever too and try to go on as much as I can. So I completely agree!

I agree that HM is the pinnacle of WDW attractions. It is a masterpiece. Those interested in a behind-the-scenes look at HM should check out the Marceline To Magic Kingdom tour. Backstage at HM was a major segment of the tour. :earsboy:

Haunted Mansion is a staple attraction for me on my visit to MK. My only complaint is when you exit the expanding room, there is disorder & everyone ends up bottlenecking to get to the Doom buggies. The ride itself, awesome! I feel like I always see something new. :hmghost:

It's a classic every trip must do. A couple trips ago it broke down while we were riding as part of the Keys to the Kingdom tour... as luck would have it we were stuck right at the ballroom scene. It was awsome to be able to sit there and really study it all with the tour guide pointing a few things out. Then icing on the cake, they ultimately had to turn on the lights and walk us out.

we loooooove HM. my son and i took a trip last january and we rode it many times. we both agreed that it is so immersive and you feel so surrounded by the experience. i absolutely love it and could ride it over and over. weird maybe but who cares, lol? i hope they never change it. it is perfect just as it is : )

Sorry, but Haunted Mansion does not hold a candle to the greatest Disney attraction ever made.

I'm talking, of course, about Sounds Dangerous.

Wait a minute...aren't we forgetting the Superstar Limo Ride from DL. I thought that was the greatest! ;)

In all seriousness, I love HM. All my kids were afraid of it when little, and each and every one loves it now!

Not sure if I'd want to see it with the lights on inside.

I agree that it's perfect... but I have to say, I think that Peter Pan's Flight is MORE perfect! It's so lovely and magical and the animatronics are so beautiful! It's my favorite classic attraction!

Absolutely agree! It's hands down my favorite ride! I wish I could just continuously ride it without having to get off! :goodvibes

Totally agree! I wish they would add the Hatbox Ghost like they recently did to DL. It made Haunted even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter