The Hangout Thread; The Place where JP's gals like to Hang

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope Iron Man 3 has/mentions Bruce because i think he's living with Tony now

and i want more science bros :3

the Captain America movie is actually really depressing

basically, if your name is Steve Rogers then your life is gonna suck.

i heard they were gonna make another Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo as Bruce and i am so pleased :3

i love him as Bruce so much :3

adaptations also tend to make Moriarty out to be the big bad even though he only appeared in 2 Holmes stories

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle actually hated Sherlock Holmes and tried to kill him off in The Final Problem where he and Moriarty fight and fall from the top of Reichenbach Falls.

he ended up bringing Sherlock back due to popular demand.

most adaptations have Holmes wearing a deerstalker while in the city. Holmes actually didn't wear a deerstalker while in the city, as it was a fashion faux pas.

the Sherlock Holmes stories are in the public domain, which means any show/movie/song/book can freely reference them and anyone can make an adaption.

most adaptions don't mention it, but Holmes actually was a skilled fighter. These skills are shown in the 2009 Sherlock Holmes movie.

Sherlock and Watson have, in various adaptions, been mice, dogs, robots and have had an adventure in which dinosaurs invade London.

yet the one everyone complains about is the one where Watson is played by Lucy Liu.

hmmm.

Irene Adler only appeared in one Sherlock Holmes novel "A Scandal in Bohemia" she is regarded by Holmes as "The Woman" and is said to be the only person to ever outsmart Holmes.

Most adaptions have her as Holmes' love interest.

Irene is American, born in New Jersey. This was changed for the BBC Sherlock version, in which she is an English dominatrix.

The BBC Sherlock version of Irene said explicitly to Watson that she was a lesbian, yet in the end her entire plan is thwarted by her "feelings" for Holmes, which include her making the password for her phone which has all the secrets she is hiding "I am Sher-Locked" and needing him to save her from being executed. She did not outsmart or triumph over Holmes as she did in the original novel.

needless to say, this was not received well.

I got a giant Hello Kitty coloring book with 24 individual $1 bills taped to one of the pages as a late graduation gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter