The Greatest Showman

"This is Me" is an anthem and I have had the pleasure of singing it in one of my chorus concerts. I liked the music and the movie, but it made P.T. Barnum a sympathetic character when he really was a horrible person. He used anyone and everyone he could to make a buck. Most of the movie is made up. He never had an affair with Jennie Lind and the characters played by Zach Efron and Zendaya are fictional.
I feel that this movie was an ego piece for Hugh Jackman (just like his starring in The Music Man on Broadway). I am not knocking Hugh, I like him, but this movie was done because he wanted to play/sing P.T. Barnum.

I really liked the movie (still do), but I almost feel betrayed now. I’m not a big Simon Cowell fan, but kudos to him for getting that girl some attention.

My husband and I went to see The Greatest Showman in the theater without knowing anything about it. We were just in the mood to see a movie, and it came on at a convenient time. It was before the movie had blown up and become so popular.

To this day, that experience is one of my favorite memories. We were both just so surprised and delighted from the opening scene. I think the fact we had no idea what to expect made it even more magical. A great movie with incredible music - we still listen to the soundtrack frequently.
similar. I had gone to see it with my sister and didn’t know much about it but she said she heard it was good. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It does certainly put PT Barnum into a much better light than I think he deserves. I do enjoy the songs from the film with the exception of one.

Maybe you need to watch the whole thing to enjoy it? The singing throughout is very good.
I thought Michelle Williams was really out of place as a singer compared to some of the other voices in the movie. I think she’s a very good actress, and I liked her emotion in the film, but I didn’t think her singing was up to par.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter