The Great Compromise: The DLR & Texas Football (A Sept. 2016 Trip Report)

texasbelle12

Mouseketeer
To say that this post is a long time coming is a bit of an understatement. Within minutes of arriving back from our trip in September 2016 I told myself that I would write a trip report for our first “real” trip*** to Disneyland. Fast forward almost a year, and the photos are still taking up residence in my phone.

Well, the time has finally come. I am going to write this trip report! It will be in a few installments, so please bear with me. I DO promise though that there won’t be 11 months between posts. Fingers crossed.

After voyaging across the Mississippi many times, we finally crossed the Rockies…
WDW was my family’s vacation destination growing up, and we were usually able to visit every few years. My husband has accepted and started to embrace my Disney side (he even proposed at the Magic Kingdom!), and I’ve got him hooked on the parks, movies, etc. Disneyland, for whatever reason, alluded us. Well, finally "next year" became this year, and it was time to make our first trip out to Walt’s Park!

My husband had recently graduated from law school and taken the bar exam, and we were moving. We had wanted to get out to Disneyland, and the timing (before we had both started our new jobs) was perfect. However, my husband is a huge college football fan, and being unable to watch a game – not ideal. Lucky for us, our team would also be playing Cal in around the same time. The Great Compromise!

Since I had only visited southern California twice (both for bowl games while in college), I was anxious to see more of the area. We decided to dedicate one of our days to seeing some of the major sites around LA.

Arrival Day: Lunch at the Tam O’Shanter, drive by the Disney Animation Studios, Griffith Park Observatory, Santa Monica Pier, PCH 1

Day 2, 3, 4 – Disneyland & DCA. Our. Feet. Hurt.

Day 5 – Fly to Oakland, Texas Football.

Departure Day – Drive by Pixar Studios, Alamo Square, Walt Disney Family Museum. And then sleep.

This trip was absolutely wonderful. We enjoyed our stay at the Anabella Hotel, and although we were exhausted, and Texas lost, would do this trip again in a heartbeat.

This is my first trip report, so please bear with me. I’m sure that this will be just like a fine wine – better with age.

***OK, I feel like I have to come clean. Technically, I had been to Disneyland once before. In college I was a member of my university’s marching band. Lucky me, that was the year our football team went to the National Championship. Even luckier, it was going to be in LA. The day after the game (which we should have won, but I digress. I’ll bring it up in therapy later), we performed Disneyland and had a few hours to spend after. However, this was not a vacation! I didn’t even eat a dole whip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter