• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The good, the bad and the ugly Nov 4th-11th

Shellbells

DIS Veteran
Hi all!!
DH, DSS13 and myself spent the week at CSR.
Here's the Barcelona lounge. Almost every morning, I got the cold brew iced coffee with sweet cream and added hazelnut syrup because I was on vacation and calories don't count at Disney right? I highly recommend it. It's especially delicious with their wonderful croissants.
20201104_202312.jpg

As usual I fully intended to take pictures of everything we ate and drank. Yeah, that didn't happen. I'm mostly disappointed that I didn't take any pictures of our eating around the world at Epcot.
It was just a miserable day weather wise. It was just pouring rain, a little windy and so humid. At one point we almost called it and went back to the room but we stuck it out. I'm glad we did because it was fun finally getting to try all the booths. I just wasn't in the mood to take pictures. We have a trip planned in March and I'm hoping the flower and garden will be happening so we can do it again.

We arrived at MCO at 4pm and were at Disney springs by 6:30. Pretty good right? We originally planned on going to The Boathouse house, which we love but decided we wanted to try somewhere new. It was a toss up between Paddlefish and Frontera Cocina. Spoiler alert- I chose badly. And off to Paddlefish we went!
We were seated in a room away from the windows in a corner so no view but it was nice and the waiter was nice too. Later he had to deal with a woman who was screeching at him about something all while watching herself in the mirror next to our table and posing. She even tried to get us on her side but she chose the wrong table for backup. I felt serious second hand embarrassed for her even though she didn't strike me as the kind to feel embarrassed a day in her life. We felt for the poor guy but he remained calm and handled it like a pro.

Ok, onto the food!
I was surprised that you don't get some kind of bread or rolls. It's not a cheap place to eat and I guess I've been spoiled by the Boathouse rolls. It wasn't a big deal but
DH ordered the clam chowder for his app and rolls would have been nice for that.
20201104_185051.jpg
He said it was good. Nothing special. I didn't try it. Usually, I will dip the provided bread into his chowder but I wouldn't just eat chowder. I'm odd like that.
DSS and I split the crab French flies with louie dressing.
20201104_185056.jpg

The fries and dressing were very good and the crab was fresh ice cold. It was a little offputting at first. Once it sat for a bit and the crab warmed up it was tasty and all 3 of us enjoyed it. I probably wouldn't order it again unless I asked for the crab to be heated in a microwave for a few seconds first. Can you microwave crab? I don't even know.
There was quite a long wait between our apps and the mains. The waiter came by twice to tell us it was coming and apologize for the wait. He was honestly great and we tipped him well. I never blame the waiter for the food or the wait for it. He's not making it and I never know what's going on in the kitchen. I worked in a restaurant in high school and I know how things can slow down getting the food to the table. We trip the wait staff based solely on how they personally do.

For our mains DH ordered the steak. I swear DH ordered a rib eye but I don't see it on the menu so he must have ordered the filet mignon. It was on the larger side and very fatty so I swear it was a rib eye but what do I know. I don't like steak. I forgot to take a picture of it. He ordered it rare and said it was just ok. He didn't think it was worth the price but he said it was cooked well.

DSS ordered the Crab Cake BLT. It was stacked super high and before I could snap a picture he squished it down with his hand. Ah kids, gotta love em. Here it is after said squishing. It was really impressive beforehand, I promise.
20201104_191627.jpg

Now, before we left for the trip, DSS told us he was going to try new foods on this trip because he's growing up now and wants to see what he likes.(How cute is that?) We fully supported this but it did leave some wasted food. Usually, my DH would finish what ever wasn't eaten. DSS ate about 1/4 of it. He said the crab on the fries was better because the crab cake was mushy. He approved of the bacon though. DH said it tasted like a crab cake but seemed to have a lot of breading.

I was really feeling Fish so I ordered the Stuffed Cod-Shrimp and Scallop Corn Bread Stuffing, Asparagus, Red Potato and Mustard Cream Sauce

20201104_191621.jpg
The mustard sauce was tasty. The potato was bland and the asparagus was crunchy. The fish and stuffing was just awful. I don't like to sound so negative but it was just so bad! The fish was overcooked and the stuffing was so wet and mushy that it wasn't edible. This was the worst thing I ate the entire trip.

The food here ranged from underwhelming to terrible so we won't be back. We should have stuck with The Boathouse. Live and learn right?

Up next- AK day and Rix sports bar and grille for dinner..🐘🦏🦓🐒

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. Appreciate your honest reviews .

Following! Sorry you didn't enjoy Paddlefish. We ate there for the first time in September and really enjoyed it (I especially enjoyed the pitcher of sangria lol) enough to return at some point. It does get mixed reviews though! And it's always nice to try a new place just to knock it off your list.

Looking forward to your review! It's terrible to have a bad meal, hopefully nothing else comes close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter