• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The good old days

Same year, I spent $149/night at Animal Kingdom Lodge with an AP discount.
The military salute ticket offer was $99 for a 4-day that year too!

Same year, I spent $149/night at Animal Kingdom Lodge with an AP discount.
The military salute ticket offer was $99 for a 4-day that year too!
Wow! I spent $155/night at AKL and had the impression I got a real deal. I don't know the discount, but it was shortly after 9/11/2001, when my reservations a POR got cancelled since POR closed, and the CM I talked to on the phone offered this at the then new AKL.

Back in July 2010 our one "splurge" of the trip was 4 adult tickets to the MK fireworks dessert party, what is today known as the Seats and Sweets version. Total price was just under $100.00 Same tickets today would be $500.00 or a 400% increase!!

Our first trip to Disney way back in 2004, we paid 49.00 a night at pop century resort. I sure do miss those prices. LOL

Wow. Leaps and bounds more than the value of a dollar over time. Tending to shareholders on one hand, raising prices so it’s not an absolute throng of people (well sometimes it still is) on the other.

Go Sabres!

Last edited:
First time I stayed on property (around 1992) I remember payinga rack rate of $300/night for CR tower and finding out later that most people booked with discounts.

In 2011 I paid 775 for an annual pass that included WDW and Disneyland. The last known price was 2000. It was discontinued.

I remember walking around WDW with my two sisters chomping on huge churros while my parents carried around turkey legs to gnaw on. I don't recall how much the turkey legs cost back then, but I distinctly remember that the churros were $1. Now, I believe they are $5 or $6 and they've definitely gotten smaller.

The best was the 10 day non expiring option with the water parks option. It would last me for 3 years.
Those were the BEST!
We still have a few of those on “My Disney Experience“ with days left, saving for blackout dates from my AP. Wish I could go back & buy a bunch more now!

When the GF opened in 1988, we paid roughly $148.00 for our room located in Boca Chica In early December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter