the good old days

My DIL's dad took a new job in 2021 and found an envelope with 15 complimentary admissions to Disneyland in his desk. Apparently Disney used to send those out to Los Angeles area companies to give as prizes to their employees. Brilliant because if the user bought anything, Disney made money they would not have made otherwise. The postmark on the envelope is 1972. And yes, Disney will exchange them for present day admissions, but they only allow 10 at a time to be used.

The good old days for sure. We used to buy the 10 day non-expire tickets and use them over 3-4 trips when our kids were young. We'd have 1-2 park days per trip and spend the rest of the week at our resort, DTD, the outlet mall and just relaxing. Oh how I miss those days!

I remember WAY back when, we bought 10 day non-expiring hopper "plus" passes. Wish we would have stocked up on those

my youngest turns 26 this year-we still have 1 day left on his 'child's'. used a couple of days on it after he turned 18 and guest services got a good laugh out of verifying him. given how infrequently we travel to florida he could be well into his 30's :teeth:

Those were the good old days. I wish I stocked up on those 10 days non expiring park hopper tickets too. Now they charge for everything (park hopping, fast pass, etc.) Hope they bring back the Dining Plan.

Yup, the good old days. We are heading down on Wed and will be using nonexpiring 10 day tickets I bought in 2010 for $524. My dh still has 7 days on his. They might have fun and more too. In 2005 it was $353.58. Still have the receipts too.

I remember WAY back when, we bought 10 day non-expiring hopper "plus" passes. Wish we would have stocked up on those
We DID buy 2 of those passes and I can't believe I'm saying this, but almost regret buying them. :sad1: They have been sitting in our safe for many years. We just can't get excited about even going back to Disney after reading all the changes that have taken place. Having to make reservations, buy passes to get on rides quicker, which I know you don't HAVE to do, then hope for a time slot to even see the newer rides, etc. All this from a family that when our youngest son was 17....we had been to Disney 16 times.
On top of those passes, we have 4 days left on another set of non-expiring passes that need to be used. I think we are hoping that things will change for the better, but so far that's not what I'm reading here.

We still have some days left on the non-expiring passes I did stock up the last year they were offered. We don't go the parks much either way. Going to rough for us when we have to buy multi day passes as it is just not worth it to buy a few days compared to 4-6 days. We enjoy our time at a resort.

We still have 2 park days left on our 10 day non expiry tickets with hoppers (for our family of 5)and I forget how many water park visits, maybe 8? I also bought a 4 day non expiry park hopper ticket that expires 14 days after 1st use. Wish I'd of stocked up on more of the 10 days.

At this point, I think we'll probably just save till we have grandchildren but I am a little worried having had converted them to the mydisneyexperience site. I just went in not to long ago to make sure they were all listed. I'd rather have the physical ticket now a days for safe keeping and not worrying about hackers or Disney IT snafu's.

If Disney was looking for a way to reduce crowds at the parks, this newer ticketing scheme is a winner.
I'm waiting until we have grandchildren too.

@runwad Were you logged in on a desktop or using the app? I was told in the past that the app shows more.

I still have 2 magical days left on a NE 10 day ticket....plus 4-5 water park days left on another NE type ticket x3...they're the older paper style ones, with rfid strip,I wonder how to use those now- I'm guessing I could give them to a fam member b/c they're not really tied to anyone?

If Disney was looking for a way to reduce crowds at the parks, this newer ticketing scheme is a winner.
I'm waiting until we have grandchildren too.

@runwad Were you logged in on a desktop or using the app? I was told in the past that the app shows more.
I was on the website I need a new phone it can't download the app. I hate to get a new phoned:scared:

DS and I have 2 parkdays left on our NE tickets and DH and DD have 6. And we have a complete new NE for each of us of 10 parks and 10 waterparks. I think we’re good for awhile :-)

If the recession/depression people are right, Disney prices will have to go down. When you're broke with no job, who is going to spend $150 for a park ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter