The GH Official Thread Part 3

Nina's rant about Carly was something else! "She knew Willow was my daughter and she purposely kept her from me!" Ok Nina, but you knew Sonny was Carly's husband and had a bunch of kids who were missing him but you purposely kept him from them! Hypocritical much?
Sorry, I am on team Nina. I just don’t get the evil she is made out to be. I agree there is hypocrisy and neither of them are saints, but I think Carly is far worse. Way more selfish and more mean-spirited with everything she does. IMO, she and both of her adult children (Michael and Joss), always come across as entitled and smug. Nina has at least shown some remorse for her actions.

The situation is not comparable, IMO. Carly found out the truth (at different times) about both of Nina’s daughters, but kept it from her, just to be hurtful. Heck, if Willow did not have leukemia, she likely would never have told Nina at all. In the Nixon FaIls storyline, if you recall, Nina tried to tell Carly that Sonny was alive, but Carly shut it down immediately and would not listen. And Sonny as Mike, did not want to find his family. And rather than continue to search for him, Carly moved on fairly quickly to Jason. Then later, Nina was charged with a crime (fraud?) for withholding info, which is so stupid and unrealistic for what is a personal matter. Should Carly be charged now for not telling Willow and Nina what she knew??

Willow’s hatred of Nina is so over the top. After Nelle died, all Nina ever really wanted was a relationship with her grandson. If you recall, Willow originally was open to allowing Nina to visit Wiley, and it was Michael who changed her mind. Michael should now be livid at Carly for keeping this secret. So should Drew, but he is such a dud as a character, IMO. Everyone here even jokes how Carly, despite being a terrible person, always gets her way.

Sorry, I am on team Nina. I just don’t get the evil she is made out to be. I agree there is hypocrisy and neither of them are saints, but I think Carly is far worse. Way more selfish and more mean-spirited with everything she does. IMO, she and both of her adult children (Michael and Joss), always come across as entitled and smug. Nina has at least shown some remorse for her actions.

The situation is not comparable, IMO. Carly found out the truth (at different times) about both of Nina’s daughters, but kept it from her, just to be hurtful. Heck, if Willow did not have leukemia, she likely would never have told Nina at all. In the Nixon FaIls storyline, if you recall, Nina tried to tell Carly that Sonny was alive, but Carly shut it down immediately and would not listen. And Sonny as Mike, did not want to find his family. And rather than continue to search for him, Carly moved on fairly quickly to Jason. Then later, Nina was charged with a crime (fraud?) for withholding info, which is so stupid and unrealistic for what is a personal matter. Should Carly be charged now for not telling Willow and Nina what she knew??

Willow’s hatred of Nina is so over the top. After Nelle died, all Nina ever really wanted was a relationship with her grandson. If you recall, Willow originally was open to allowing Nina to visit Wiley, and it was Michael who changed her mind. Michael should now be livid at Carly for keeping this secret. So should Drew, but he is such a dud as a character, IMO. Everyone here even jokes how Carly, despite being a terrible person, always gets her way.
I agree with you. It amazes me every single time Carly does something horrible and gets away with it or is forgiven within weeks (days) Yet Nina is the evil one

Willow’s hatred of Nina is so over the top. After Nelle died, all Nina ever really wanted was a relationship with her grandson. If you recall, Willow originally was open to allowing Nina to visit Wiley, and it was Michael who changed her mind. Michael should now be livid at Carly for keeping this secret. So should Drew, but he is such a dud as a character, IMO. Everyone here even jokes how Carly, despite being a terrible person, always gets he
When Michelle Stafford played Nina, she had almost childlike -ness to her. From being in the coma she had not fully matured. Cynthia Watros never captured that. So I have not liked Nina as much since she took over the role.

I still think if Nina wanted to be un-selfish, she would have gotten tested and not gone to Willows's room and told her.

I actually agree with both sides of the Nina/ Carly evilness, but I give the edge to Carly. To me she is worse in this instance. I also agree that Michelle Stafford played it differently with the childlike-ness because of the coma. I think Cynthia is ok, not bad or good. I think the writers wanted to take it a different way when she took on the role.

I actually agree with both sides of the Nina/ Carly evilness, but I give the edge to Carly. To me she is worse in this instance. I also agree that Michelle Stafford played it differently with the childlike-ness because of the coma. I think Cynthia is ok, not bad or good. I think the writers wanted to take it a different way when she took on the role.
I'm on both sides of the fence lol. I mean I get it, an eye for an eye in the whole you kept Sonny from me so I'm keeping Willow from you angle but at the same time, they have had Willow go overboard with how much she hates Nina and doesn't want her anywhere near her family, even keeping it up when she knows Nina is her mother. That gives Carly "credibility" in her decision, and the minute she found out Willow was sick, she fessed up. So in this instance, I guess a good job by the writers in making me see both sides lol. But at the same time, the degree of hostility that Willow all of a sudden had for Nina seemed a bit much.

When Michelle Stafford played Nina, she had almost childlike -ness to her. From being in the coma she had not fully matured. Cynthia Watros never captured that. So I have not liked Nina as much since she took over the role.

I still think if Nina wanted to be un-selfish, she would have gotten tested and not gone to Willows's room and told her.

I really don't like Cynthia Watros as Nina. She makes weird faces all the time which annoys me. :D Plus her voice is a bit on the whiney side (when she's not arguing with someone) and makes her seem pathetic. And I feel zero chemistry between her and Sonny. I liked them better as Nina & Mike -- they had a little bit of chemistry. Now it just seems forced and I don't believe for one minute that Nina would have a relationship with Sonny the mobster. Mike the nice guy, yes. Sonny, no.

I'm starting to wonder if Willow will die (no loss as far as I'm concerned, never liked the character). Willow seemed to forgive Carly a little too easily, where Michael is mad at her and I think Willow dying will lead to Michael full on hating Carly and probably welcome Sonny back into his life and welcome Nina into his kids' lives.

It could play out in a number of ways. Nina’s marrow donation is not a done deal and will take some time, as TJ pointed out. I am guessing the baby will be fine, but it may be too late to save Willow. Michael and Sonny are/will be furious with Carly for her part in hiding what she knew.

OTOH, if Willow has a successful transplant and recovers completely, I would expect the Willow/Nina relationship to continue causing drama for months/years to come. And I can see the differing feelings that Willow and Michael have towards both Carly and Sonny creating conflict as a couple and possibly breaking them up.

I thought how Maurice played sonny over the past two days with regard to Nina finding out she's the mom of Willow was strange. Especially when he shooed away the dr/nurse/tj out of the blood test room to talk to her. It was really weird, overly downplayed and I started thinking that Maurice doesn't know how to play the "support" , because he's always the front runner in every scene. He actually had to be quiet and listen and didn't know how to. It was weird how he was trying to downplay Nina and 'calm her down'? sort of. It was odd. What do you all think? did you notice that?

I never really enjoy his acting. It always seems like he stops because he's trying to remember his next line.

Felt bad for Cameron today saying Joss wouldn't lie to him. I wonder if we will see a Cameron/Amnesia Esme pairing to drive Joss crazy.

I never really enjoy his acting. It always seems like he stops because he's trying to remember his next line.

Felt bad for Cameron today saying Joss wouldn't lie to him. I wonder if we will see a Cameron/Amnesia Esme pairing to drive Joss crazy.
Yes!!!! sometimes I wonder if he's reading at times from a prompter, and those pauses!

I thought how Maurice played sonny over the past two days with regard to Nina finding out she's the mom of Willow was strange. Especially when he shooed away the dr/nurse/tj out of the blood test room to talk to her. It was really weird, overly downplayed and I started thinking that Maurice doesn't know how to play the "support" , because he's always the front runner in every scene. He actually had to be quiet and listen and didn't know how to. It was weird how he was trying to downplay Nina and 'calm her down'? sort of. It was odd. What do you all think? did you notice that?

Interesting observation! I can see that now too.

Yes, I thought at least Drew would break up with her. It's ridiculous what she gets away with.
I don't understand the storyline with Marshall either, so now he may not have schizophrenia? What was the point of that?
I thought it was supposed to force Portia to tell Curtis that Trina is his daughter.

Cam seeing Dex at Joss’s dorm room made this song play in my head

And are we going to see a pairing of Ava and Austin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter