The GH Official Thread Part 3

Just curious as to what others think about the storyline involving Mike and his Alzheimer's? For anyone who's lived with someone who had it, do you find it realistic? I'm finding it very interesting and informative. However, as a disclaimer, I have to say I'm about a week behind, so I don't know what's happened with Mike since he got introduced to ? [I can't remember her name-the social services person, someone's Aunt].

I am 13 episodes behind. I am trying to catch up this week while my kids are my in-laws. My grandma has Alzheimer. She has had it for over 20 years. It is very hard to watch as I do feel that it is pretty close to real life. My grandma never would say "oh yeah I remember now". What she thought was always true and to her she never had Alzheimer. But other then that it is very real to me and very hard to watch.

Just saw on Yahoo news....Kin Shriner was fired and there are NO plans to bring Genie back. Happy freakin' Anniversary, GH!

Also Jon Lindstrom says he's done.

I've watched GH off and on (and with a healthy dose of fast-forwarding ;)) for something like 28 years -- yikes. Must admit that while I enjoy Scottie, I am beyond over Laura and Kevin. People have cycled on and off so much over the years... the nature of soaps.

Must admit that I've felt differently about the show since I got married and had kids years ago. For instance, I can't get with Sam picking a mob enforcer over a Navy Seal / newly-formed mogul. Not with kids. And we all knew this is where it was going the moment Jason got back to town. Meh.

The scene today, where Sonny tells Mike his parents are dead, was heartbreaking. Michael handled it MUCH better!! We had a few instances like that with my mom but thankfully not too many. And yes you had to kinda fudge the truth a bit.

The scene today, where Sonny tells Mike his parents are dead, was heartbreaking. Michael handled it MUCH better!! We had a few instances like that with my mom but thankfully not too many. And yes you had to kinda fudge the truth a bit.
I work with dementia patients every day and the best thing to do sometimes is to go with the flow. Challenging them sometimes just makes them upset. They seem to be handling this story line very well.

Last edited:
Nothing on this thread in a long time! A couple weeks ago, I heard Dante call Michael "My brother". Exactly how are they brothers? Thanks-sometimes trying to figure out these relationships gives me a headache!

Nothing on this thread in a long time! A couple weeks ago, I heard Dante call Michael "My brother". Exactly how are they brothers? Thanks-sometimes trying to figure out these relationships gives me a headache!
Sonny is Dante’s biological father. Michael is AJ’s biological son, but Sonny largely raised him as he was married to Carly most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter