The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

On arrival day, we are planning on stacking genie at epcot. I am going to get remy at 7, but what is the best strategy after that? Our priorities are frozen, TT, and soarin. Thanks!
You will want to book your rides in that order - Remy at 7am, followed by Frozen, followed by TT, followed by Soarin'. By the time you book Test Track, you may have to 'pound the app' in order to find availability. However, I have been successful finding availability for all those rides when stacking, thanks to refreshing.

You will want to book your rides in that order - Remy at 7am, followed by Frozen, followed by TT, followed by Soarin'. By the time you book Test Track, you may have to 'pound the app' in order to find availability. However, I have been successful finding availability for all those rides when stacking, thanks to refreshing.
Thanks!

I have 3 more questions (that are likely already answered in this thread):

What does LL for a show get you? Is it first into the venue so you get the pick of the seats or is it a reserved seating section?
(I realize a show isn't probably best use of LL, but we don't ride some of the headliners so...)

How long is the typical LL line? (I realize it might vary greatly based on a multitude of variables.) But some FP lines still had quite a wait. Is it still a ratio of LL to SB?

I doubt we'll get it, but can someone tell me about the LL viewing area for the MK parade? I hate jostling for a parade spot. Is it crowded? Do you get a front row spot on the curb without arriving crazy early?

What does LL for a show get you? Is it first into the venue so you get the pick of the seats or is it a reserved seating section?
(I realize a show isn't probably best use of LL, but we don't ride some of the headliners so...)

How long is the typical LL line? (I realize it might vary greatly based on a multitude of variables.) But some FP lines still had quite a wait. Is it still a ratio of LL to SB?

I doubt we'll get it, but can someone tell me about the LL viewing area for the MK parade? I hate jostling for a parade spot. Is it crowded? Do you get a front row spot on the curb without arriving crazy early?
When we were there in April, most of our LLs fell somewhere between walk-on and five minutes. A few may have been a little longer....SDD being one. I have seen some posts about ratios...but I can't remember where.

You get a reserved seating area, so seating is guaranteed.

For Festival of Fantasy seating is right in front of the castle I believe.

I have tried to get Test Track as my second pick the last 2 days for an afternoon park hop to Epcot and have not been able to do so. Soarin' has been available to book through mid-afternoon, possibly later.

I’m very interested in watching/hearing about capping starting June 8th. I have used genie a few times and had moderate to good success for how I tour. But I’m an AP and can’t purchase in advance. I will plan to buy daily in august, around 115am this when I need to walk my toddler to use the restroom. But if the limited genie purchased will then then limit the number LL available for each ride?

If we can’t even use it for more then 2 rides will it be worth it? I’m not sure why the current number is to high? Because stand by lines are to long? Then why even do LL? I visited before genie and honestly full stand by with constant moving lines is fine by me, but this idea $15 only gets you two rides will probably push me over the edge.

I’m very interested in watching/hearing about capping starting June 8th. I have used genie a few times and had moderate to good success for how I tour. But I’m an AP and can’t purchase in advance. I will plan to buy daily in august, around 115am this when I need to walk my toddler to use the restroom. But if the limited genie purchased will then then limit the number LL available for each ride?

If we can’t even use it for more then 2 rides will it be worth it? I’m not sure why the current number is to high? Because stand by lines are to long? Then why even do LL? I visited before genie and honestly full stand by with constant moving lines is fine by me, but this idea $15 only gets you two rides will probably push me over the edge.
These are all great questions and hopefully we learn answers soon. I will be shocked though if the price remains at $15 iIF Disney truly puts a cap on the number. Disney is not know for giving more for less. If they’re selling less they still want it to be financially profitable so I (with others) am anticipating a price hike.

I’ve seen this addressed but I’m not sure I ever saw/understood a definite answer.
Scenario: DAK in the am and DHS in the pm. If we booked Dino at 7:40am with a 7:00 ETPE, after tapping in could we start stacking G+ for DHS? If DHS has a park open of 8:30, would we be next eligible to book G+ at 9:45ish based off 2 hour rule of tapping into Dino at 7:40? Thinking while we would miss first G+ at DHS, it could potentially get us ahead of the 2 hour DHS surges and possibly be advantageous.
Quoting myself here to see if anyone has the answer?

The rule is based off the park you have a reservation for. So if AK opens at 7:30 (not early entry, park official open) than once you tap in for dino you can start stacking for dhs. The only issue I see with this is you can't get to hs till after 2pm so most likely sdd and other top rides will be sold out or way out to the 8pm if you fiddle faddle (tm).

With the earlier time you will have more options but not for the top rides. And it would start your 2 hour window. So dino at 7:40 -book any ride dhs for 2:30- 9:40 book another and so on and so forth till you use the 2:30 or 2 hour rule stops.

I kinda feel that if you are gonna be at AK use it there till you are done than start stacking. With stacking starting at about 8am you will be hit with super late or no top rides and no times for the lower tier rides after 2pm that early.

@flipflopmom Why not just book a DHS ride at 7 am. It will automatically slot it for the first available time after 2 pm. Then you can continue stacking every two hours starting with 2 hours after the official park opening time for the park where you made your first G+ reservation.

Booking Dino that early is a waste of a G+ as it will probably have a 5 minute or less actual wait that early in the morning.

Last edited:
@flipflopmom Why not just book a DHS ride at 7 am. It will automatically slot it for the first available time after 2 pm. Then you can continue stacking every two hours starting with 2 hours after the official park opening time for the park where you made your first G+ reservation.

Booking Dino that early is a waste of a G+ as it will probably have a 5 minute or less actual wait that early in the morning.
My thought process was that by tapping in early, I could possibly be an hour earlier than everyone else booking 2 hours after park opening and every 2 hours afterwards, and maybe have a better selection for the remainder of the day.

My thought process was that by tapping in early, I could possibly be an hour earlier than everyone else booking 2 hours after park opening and every 2 hours afterwards, and maybe have a better selection for the remainder of the day.

But then you would be making your first DHS selection at 7:40 instead of 7. That could make a big impact if you want Tower or Slinky.

Am I understanding this correctly? If flipflopmom taps into Dino at 7:40 and makes her 1st HS LL she could either fiddle faddle for SDD or get a late return time for ToT based on latest thrill data. Then, she would start her 2 hour cool down and be able to make her 2nd HS LL at 9:40 when everyone who made their 1st HS LL at 7:00 would need to wait until 10:30 to make their 2nd, thus giving her an advantage on the remaining LLs. Trying to figure this all out is so difficult!

Am I understanding this correctly? If flipflopmom taps into Dino at 7:40 and makes her 1st HS LL she could either fiddle faddle for SDD or get a late return time for ToT based on latest thrill data. Then, she would start her 2 hour cool down and be able to make her 2nd HS LL at 9:40 when everyone who made their 1st HS LL at 7:00 would need to wait until 10:30 to make their 2nd, thus giving her an advantage on the remaining LLs. Trying to figure this all out is so difficult!

Yes, I think that's the idea! We did something similar in March getting an early return time so we could grab the next before the "park open + 2 hours" timeslot to grab. This is from my post back in March (which wasn't a high attendance day). We stayed on site, so early entry, DHS opened at 9am.

7am: Grabbed MFSR for a 9:25am return
7:15am: walked on to Skyliner (staying at POP)
7:45am-ish: got in line for RNRC standby, literally people 4 & 5*
8:15am-ish: line started moving into building, skipped the studio and went RIGHT onto the ride
8:28am: off RNRC
8:30am: got in ToT standby line, sign said 40 mins! (didn't realize only 1 side was working, should have done these 2 rides in reverse)
8:57am: while waiting in line, I was looking at the app and noticed RotR was still available and called an audible and decided to go ahead and get a ILL$ for 7:15pm return
9:30am: off ToT headed to MFSR
9:45am-ish: tapped into MFSR and looked for next LL. SHOCKED to see a SDD for 7:25pm return. Grabbed that. Set my phone timer for 2 hours for next LL grab.
Not sure on times, but rode Star Tours standby (no wait) and grabbed an early lunch/late breakfast at Commissary

Break Time, so left Park

11:45am: Grabbed TSM for return time 5:05pm, set timer for 2 hours for next LL grab
*nap and pool time*
1:45pm: Grabbed ToT for return time of 7:55pm, set timer for 2 hours for next LL grab
3:45pm: Grabbed Alien Swirling Saucers I think

So our evening went like this:
Arrived back at DHS a little after 5pm and had these LLs:
TSM
AlienSS
Break at Baseline Tap House
Star Tours (I grabbed this at 5:45pm just because I could, it was still basically a walk on)
Grabbed something to eat at Backlot
RotR
SDD
Oga's (our first time....um, not sure what the fuss is about!)
ToT

I don't think you could have a more perfect day. And we could have grabbed MMRR if we'd wanted to but my DH didn't want to ride it again after riding in Dec, lol.

If you tap into Dino at 7:40 am (outside and inside turnstile) then you can immediately book another Genie+, you don’t have to wait 2 hours (given an AK opening at 7:30 am)

I don’t have an answer if HS opened at 8:30 am, if you have to wait 2 hrs from park opening so 10:30 am

If I use the book-ride-book-ride strategy early am at MK what happens when 11h00 comes around? Can I now book 2 if I rode my last one at 10h50?

If I use the book-ride-book-ride strategy early am at MK what happens when 11h00 comes around? Can I now book 2 if I rode my last one at 10h50?
No, it's one or the other. You can book your next ride after tapping into your most recently booked ride OR after 120 minutes - whichever comes first.

No, it's one or the other. You can book your next ride after tapping into your most recently booked ride OR after 120 minutes - whichever comes first.
Ok. Still unsure about this because when I stack for late at night I can hold 2-3 sometimes 4 by booking at 7h00-11h00-13h00 and 15h00. If using book-ride-book-ride strategy wouldn't it make sense that if I'm not holding any Genie + at 11h00 I could book two Genie +? One because I just taped in and the other because it is now 11h00?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter