The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Ok so this morning was Epcot and I was booking Remy. Here’s what I mean when I say the time changed while making my final payment…don’t know if it’s wrong or right but it is what it is. I didn’t take the time to screenshot every screen but I wanted to get the 4th and 5th screens specifically to see if this is what others are talking about.

1. Tip board screen said 8:30am purchase
2. Selected the 8:30 time slot from the list of choices
3. I forget what the first time they gave me was. Thinking it said 9:15-10:15.
4. 9:25-10:25 was what my payment confirmation screen said (THIS is what I actually expected to end up with)
5. 1:15-2:15 Final confirmation after BTMRR seemed to go around forever….

Disney needs to fix this…payment screen 4 was the LAST times I saw given to me at all…if there’s another place I should have noticed it kicking out to between screen 4-5, I don’t know where to find it!

Update! Took screenshots to guest services and they fixed it with an anytime redemption for Remy!

Last edited:
Ok so this morning was Epcot and I was booking Remy. Here’s what I mean when I say the time changed while making my final payment…don’t know if it’s wrong or right but it is what it is. I didn’t take the time to screenshot every screen but I wanted to get the 4th and 5th screens specifically to see if this is what others are talking about.

4. 9:25-10:25 was what my payment confirmation screen said (THIS is what I actually expected to end up with)

Disney needs to fix this…payment screen 4 was the LAST times I saw given to me at all…if there’s another place I should have noticed it kicking out to between screen 4-5, I don’t know where to find it!
Yeah, this isn't right when it's the ones we pay for. If this is how it's going to be, then don't even bother with the times selection...
ETA: Was this at 7 or 7:17?

Yeah, this isn't right when it's the ones we pay for. If this is how it's going to be, then don't even bother with the times selection...
ETA: Was this at 7 or 7:17?
It was right at 7…I should have waited till 7:17 and knew better than to risk it again, but I also wanted to see what would happen after yesterday!

I am only planning to get G+ for MK on 4/20. This is my plan based on a few days checking the app, does it look realistic?

7am - G+ for Haunted Mansion (should be around 10am return time) - *I've noticed a couple times that around 7:10 I could get HM for 9-930. Is it safe to wait until 7:10?
ETPE: RD 7DMT
Peter Pan
Use HM G+, Make G+ for Jungle Cruise (~7pm)
Hall of Presidents
Lunch / Parade/ Castle Show
Make G+ for PP (~7pm)
Resort Break
Make G+ for BTMM
Make G+ for Splash
Make G+ for PotC
7pmish return to MK
Ride G+ rides
Enchantment
EEH

This is just insanity how the times switches I agree 100000 percent Disney needs to fix this also is there any tips for not letting this happen

This is just insanity how the times switches I agree 100000 percent Disney needs to fix this also is there any tips for not letting this happen
The best thing I know to do is wait until after 7am to book. So here’s the deal…I’ve essentially booked lightening lanes for people the last four weeks.

1. I was there personally the first few days of March and had success getting RoTR, 7DMT, Remy. But being on property, my phone seemed to always glitch in the room, so it seemed I was immediately disappointed at 7am but between 7am-7:20 something always popped up and I had no trouble securing it. (Not really realizing at the time that they were actually doing more drops of times, just happy to snag something and go to the bus stop!)

2. I had some friends arrive the day I left (around March 8) it was their first Disney trip and they were overwhelmed! I offered to help get their lightening lanes after an initial 7am text that they had missed 7DMT and she was so bummed. At 7:14 I logged into her account and was able to book everything she wanted within a couple of minutes. Plenty of options too! That’s when I personally started noticing the deal with the additional drops. Booked FOP and Remy the next two days for her as well but I really think I did them after the initial 7am rush.

3. Fast forward to last week and I had a cousin going for the first time. She asked me for my help so we actually booked almost ALL her paid lightening lanes between 7:10-7:20 and had no issues getting the exact times we clicked. They did all the paid rides.

4. Lastly, my other cousin (her sister) arrived the day they were leaving and I’ve been trying to do hers at 7am on the dot this week and that’s when I’ve noticed I’ve had all the trouble! But it’s also hard to be patient and I don’t want to miss out on something for them.

So I’ve had a ton of real life, real time experience with this this month. It’s not just me randomly going in the app and seeing available times, but actually having real people, real tickets linked.

I have had ALOT of success with refresh this week and last week during the day to get tough to get rides. But when looking for something specific I’ve had the advantage to be sitting in pickup line for school, watching tv, etc so I can easily spend 5-10 min getting exactly what they want throughout the day. Previously sold out PP, Splash, Navi, etc. but that would be hard to replicate while trying to wrangle kids and walk around a theme park.

The best thing I know to do is wait until after 7am to book. So here’s the deal…I’ve essentially booked lightening lanes for people the last four weeks.

1. I was there personally the first few days of March and had success getting RoTR, 7DMT, Remy. But being on property, my phone seemed to always glitch in the room, so it seemed I was immediately disappointed at 7am but between 7am-7:20 something always popped up and I had no trouble securing it. (Not really realizing at the time that they were actually doing more drops of times, just happy to snag something and go to the bus stop!)

2. I had some friends arrive the day I left (around March 8) it was their first Disney trip and they were overwhelmed! I offered to help get their lightening lanes after an initial 7am text that they had missed 7DMT and she was so bummed. At 7:14 I logged into her account and was able to book everything she wanted within a couple of minutes. Plenty of options too! That’s when I personally started noticing the deal with the additional drops. Booked FOP and Remy the next two days for her as well but I really think I did them after the initial 7am rush.

3. Fast forward to last week and I had a cousin going for the first time. She asked me for my help so we actually booked almost ALL her paid lightening lanes between 7:10-7:20 and had no issues getting the exact times we clicked. They did all the paid rides.

4. Lastly, my other cousin (her sister) arrived the day they were leaving and I’ve been trying to do hers at 7am on the dot this week and that’s when I’ve noticed I’ve had all the trouble! But it’s also hard to be patient and I don’t want to miss out on something for them.

So I’ve had a ton of real life, real time experience with this this month. It’s not just me randomly going in the app and seeing available times, but actually having real people, real tickets linked.

I have had ALOT of success with refresh this week and last week during the day to get tough to get rides. But when looking for something specific I’ve had the advantage to be sitting in pickup line for school, watching tv, etc so I can easily spend 5-10 min getting exactly what they want throughout the day. Previously sold out PP, Splash, Navi, etc. but that would be hard to replicate while trying to wrangle kids and walk around a theme park.

This is tremendous first-hand experience which you are sharing with all of us. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain it fully. You have confirmed that the time can change between what we have referred to as screen 4 (confirmation page) and screen 5 (page after payment).

I think when one books an ILL at 7:17, the time is much less likely to change (or not change very much).

The 7:17 drops are just the $ILL. correct? Not additional G+LL times for the popular LL rides like Peter Pan, Slinky Dog, etc.?

The 7:17 drops are just the $ILL. correct? Not additional G+LL times for the popular LL rides like Peter Pan, Slinky Dog, etc.?
There are more times available after 7am but I’m not sure that they are full drops. But there is definitely lots of availability between 7-7:20 but to say there is a full drop, I’m not certain. Thankfully, I’ve been able to secure those at 7am without any trouble.

Booking right at 7am, I usually can get a return time for Peter Pan before 10:30ish. Then we’ve rope dropped Tomorrowland and moved to Fantasyland and tapped into Pan before most people can book at the 11am, 2 hour reset for MK. I’ve then had no trouble either booking something 2nd tier for a closer return time (saving 45 min plus in line…looking at HM, Small World, something close to Fantasyland) or getting Jungle Cruise or one of the Frontierland mountains for that evening. I then start stacking Adventureland/Frontierland rides for late evening at the two hour mark. That way I’m not crossing all over the park all day, do the right side with early entry/morning and stack for the left side of the park. This allows a mid-day break by saving the big left side rides for the end of the day.

I have been practicing for Peter Pan and Slinky Dog and if you are looking for an early morning time, every morning I have checked there have been early morning spots opening up again between 7:08 and 7:20. Although the 7 am dash can be helpful if you are aiming for a night time spot.

I have been practicing for Peter Pan and Slinky Dog and if you are looking for an early morning time, every morning I have checked there have been early morning spots opening up again between 7:08 and 7:20. Although the 7 am dash can be helpful if you are aiming for a night time spot.
I would love to get in some dry runs before we go, but that is 5am here in Colorado and I have to be in the shower by 5:10 to be ready for work on time, so the thought of getting up at like 4:45 to shower BEFORE I work on practicing...it's just not worth it.

I'm mainly hoping to avoid some of the worst of the times switching to hours and hours later than what I initially pick, so if they do pop up again at times if you keep refreshing and they "stick" to the times better, then that is what I will go for. We will have dining reservations that I am going to *attempt* to work around as much as possible and that 7am rush that causes huge time shifts does not sound conducive to that.

There are more times available after 7am but I’m not sure that they are full drops. But there is definitely lots of availability between 7-7:20 but to say there is a full drop, I’m not certain. Thankfully, I’ve been able to secure those at 7am without any trouble.

Booking right at 7am, I usually can get a return time for Peter Pan before 10:30ish. Then we’ve rope dropped Tomorrowland and moved to Fantasyland and tapped into Pan before most people can book at the 11am, 2 hour reset for MK. I’ve then had no trouble either booking something 2nd tier for a closer return time (saving 45 min plus in line…looking at HM, Small World, something close to Fantasyland) or getting Jungle Cruise or one of the Frontierland mountains for that evening. I then start stacking Adventureland/Frontierland rides for late evening at the two hour mark. That way I’m not crossing all over the park all day, do the right side with early entry/morning and stack for the left side of the park. This allows a mid-day break by saving the big left side rides for the end of the day.
Bookmarked this for our trip this summer! Thank you for such a great layout of how to both navigate MK and how to book/stack Genie+ selections! Care to offer similar advice on the other Parks? You've got a great straightforward no nonsense way of presenting the information. Love it. 😍

Bookmarked this for our trip this summer! Thank you for such a great layout of how to both navigate MK and how to book/stack Genie+ selections! Care to offer similar advice on the other Parks? You've got a great straightforward no nonsense way of presenting the information. Love it. 😍
Thank you! Yes I would be happy to this afternoon when I get time. I’ve got 3 kids and a limited patience for waiting in lines. I was a FP pro before. We love to make the most of our days in the parks and then enjoy a down day or two over the course of our trip!

I had a weird payment error twice with my ILLs this morning. It kept giving me an error with my card (which I’ve been using with my magic band for days). I had to frantically grab a family member’s phone to grab Rise and Remy. Idk if it was just me but it wouldn’t work after several attempts.

Update on the Remy saga from this morning…as I mentioned, they took the screenshots when they got to the park and were able to get an anytime redemption pass for Remy for today. BUT, when they tapped in to ride it, I guess it counted their regular $ILL. Bc tonight they are still showing an extra anytime ride! So it may be a glitch but if you have issues with an $ILL and you have them adjust it, make sure that you actually use ALL of your redemptions! You might just luck out and get an extra one for your trouble!

I promise I did try to find this out before asking but…if I have a Genie+ reservation and I’m looking to change it to something else, do I have to cancel my existing one in order to make a new one? Or does it work like the old FP where you can keep searching and once you find a new (better) one, you can book it to replace the existing reservation?

I promise I did try to find this out before asking but…if I have a Genie+ reservation and I’m looking to change it to something else, do I have to cancel my existing one in order to make a new one? Or does it work like the old FP where you can keep searching and once you find a new (better) one, you can book it to replace the existing reservation?

You have to cancel it in order to book something else.

I have a question for the group. New to Genie+ and need help planning a day. Planning for my family of 4 on our Saturday June 18th park day. We want to go to both HS and AK on that day with parkhoppers. Our must do rides are Flight of Passage at AK and Rise of the Resistance at HS. We have Genie+ and I’m ok with paying for the Lightning Lane.

What is our best plan of action? Which park should we do in the morning and which in the afternoon to best land these two rides? What should my plan of action be that morning as far as reservations for these? Any help for a nervous new user is appreciated!

Question, is there a better, faster way to refresh? They took away the just tapping "Tip Board"
I've been selecting the ride I'll want a Genie for, and just going back and forth from "LL" to the ride title.
Anything better?

This is a long thread and I didn’t read through everything, so sorry if I am asking a repeated question.

My boys leave tomorrow for a trip with their high school music department. Each son has their own account in MDE as do their friends. They are all linked together as friends and family. Are they each buying their own Genie+? Since they are linked together, can one person make a ride selection for the entire group?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter